Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 12-24-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
PIC6SIX

TVG DEPOSIT FEE

TVG posted a charge of $5.00 for a deposit transfer from my checking account to my wagering account. Is this the norm now? I seldom use my TVG account and am not up to date with the TVG rules governing their betting site.
PIC6SIX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 09:07 PM   #2
Winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIC6SIX
TVG posted a charge of $5.00 for a deposit transfer from my checking account to my wagering account. Is this the norm now? I seldom use my TVG account and am not up to date with the TVG rules governing their betting site.
This one of the reasons I don't use TVG.
Winger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 10:57 PM   #3
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Which deposit method do you use? TVGcash displays a fee of $5.00 and a discount of $5.00 for a $300 deposit, so it's a wash. It's free.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:55 PM   #4
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Thats asinine. I love the fact that with Twinspires I can fund my account from my bank account with no extra fees.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:32 AM   #5
upthecreek

Quote:
I have a 4NJbets(TVG) account and all deposits from checking are free They charge the $5 but when I "checkout" the $5 is subtracted and listed as a discount
Never paid a dime in deposit fees in 3 yrs
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2015, 07:00 AM   #6
olddaddy

This is from their website.

BetCash* (electronic checking; 100% discounted fee option)

BetCash or electronic checking is a quick, convenient and free method to fund or withdraw funds from your TVG wagering account. To make a BetCash deposit, select BetCash from the Deposit Funds link under the My Account tab and follow the instructions.

You can quickly and easily make deposits into your TVG account at tvg.com. BetCash deposits made through the website or phone wagering system are limited to $2,000.00. For assistance with larger BetCash deposits, call 1-888-PLAY-TVG (752-9884).

The benefits of using BetCash include:

No cash advance fees or interest charges
No deposit fees
No block on deposits used for wagering
No monthly deposit limit

I would call them and ask them why you were charged $5.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #7
HalvOnHorseracing

It's another example of the nickel and dime mentality of the accountants running the show. If they can't make outrageous profits just on the action they handle, they need to get out of the business.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2015, 08:21 PM   #8
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
It's another example of the nickel and dime mentality of the accountants running the show. If they can't make outrageous profits just on the action they handle, they need to get out of the business.
My local OTB, which is owned by Hawthorne Racetrack, charges its patrons a 3-5% surcharge (depending on the wager) for the convenience of betting off track. Plus, a recently instituted state law has added an additional 1% surcharge on top of that...for the benefit of the harness racing industry in the state. And, as if these surcharges weren't enough...some "beancounter" has now thought of implementing the idea of charging a $1 admission price for entering the OTB.

How these places are still in business, I'll never know.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:25 PM   #9
AndyC

Quote:

An accountant wouldn't be so stupid. AndyC CPA
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2015, 09:26 PM   #10
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
..... And, as if these surcharges weren't enough...some "beancounter" has now thought of implementing the idea of charging a $1 admission price for entering the OTB.

See response #9
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2015, 12:14 PM   #11
castaway01

Quote:
Except it's not because they actually refund the money.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2015, 01:15 PM   #12
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
My local OTB, which is owned by Hawthorne Racetrack, charges its patrons a 3-5% surcharge (depending on the wager) for the convenience of betting off track. Plus, a recently instituted state law has added an additional 1% surcharge on top of that...for the benefit of the harness racing industry in the state. And, as if these surcharges weren't enough...some "beancounter" has now thought of implementing the idea of charging a $1 admission price for entering the OTB.

Can't say as I miss Illinois at all when it comes to being a horseplayer. I'm sure that $1 admission charge will be the difference, especially when the IRB shuts down internet wagering to drive attendance up - from six patrons to seven.....
Old 12-29-2015, 12:04 AM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:

Illinois has Harness racing?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2015, 06:21 AM   #14
upthecreek

The live harness schedule at Hawthorne is as follows: racing five days a week (Wednesday-Sunday) from Jan. 6 through Feb. 6 (24 dates); racing five days a week (Wednesday-Sunday) from May 6 through Sept. 25 (92 dates); racing on Monday, July 4.
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2015, 10:09 PM   #15
Stillriledup
Veteran

Thequarterhog.com is available as of Dec 19th.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply