Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #16
AlBundy33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Couldn't be more disappointed..

Simon Bray's (he's back!) explanation, this morning on TVG, regarding the problems associated with shipping horses via air is excellent. (Who knew, how timely.) This isn't surprising given Beholder's history. Simon shares the explanation of lung condition problems in these horses and why some are at risk. Gentlemen, in other words, it's not HER fault that she has to deal with this. I'm simply glad that Mandella takes no chance with her. She's an incredible champion mare. <3

In the video, Simon's comments on shipping and a horse's lungs starts at the 5:33 mark.

Keen Ice, after that work, get your running shoes on....take it to AP in his last test.
I don't think anybody's mad at Beholder. It is what it is. It's just disappointing from a wagering standpoint or otherwise. Not going to begrudge a trainer for doing the right thing for a horse.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #17
ebcorde
Veteran

too bad

I wanted her to run, I was never betting her, with that fever. anytime you hear bad news BET SOMEONE ELSE

AP, Honor Code, Tonalist, GlenEagles
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 12:16 PM   #18
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBundy33
I don't think anybody's mad at Beholder. It is what it is. It's just disappointing from a wagering standpoint or otherwise. Not going to begrudge a trainer for doing the right thing for a horse.
I'm just not fond of dissing, of reading, "no shot" for a champion mare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113
That sucks, she had no shot and would have taken a ton of money.
Quote:
She had no shot at Churchill that day. She was nowhere near the horse she was in her three previous tries. Her kick was gone.
Since Beholder and Goldikova had no shot?

Why not change your name here to the more appropriate?

"SHEHADNOSHOT"

After the fact of one race, after the scratch in another. Jesus.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 12:27 PM   #19
OntheRail

Some of the Luster of this race is gone... was looking forward to her running win, lose or draw... but will take the safety of the Horse over it my two minutes of elevated heart rate. Now I'll have to see who else I'm keen on to fill her shoes.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #20
RXB

Here's a quote from DeanT's blog, Tuesday of last week when the post-ship fever spike was reported: http://pullthepocket.blogspot.ca

Beholder has spiked a fever. As a horse owner who followed the blood taking, and fevers, and sickness ten days out or so with my horses, this certainly has me worried. The worst part of such things is that the horse seems perfectly fine on race day, but sometimes ends up throwing a huge clunker.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #21
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Workout?
Yep..And a good one too. A little over 0:59 for five panels
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 01:14 PM   #22
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Beholder has trouble shipping but Fanatics disagree
Yeah. Mandella said she is a "very aggressive mare". That she also gets worked up during shipping....
Too bad. Was looking forward to see if She is the real deal vs males.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:15 PM   #23
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I'm sure EMD and SRU will come on here next and tell us all how the connections of AP paid off the connections of Beholder to make sure she bled in a workout...
They didn't?....
Queue theme music to "The X Files".....
Old 10-29-2015, 01:16 PM   #24
depalma113

Quote:
I'm just not fond of dissing, of reading, "no shot" for a champion mare.

Since Beholder and Goldikova had no shot?

Why not change your name here to the more appropriate?

"SHEHADNOSHOT"

After the fact of one race, after the scratch in another. Jesus.
Horses that spike fevers days before the biggest race of their life are easy tosses. Horses that have never won off the plane and spike a fever days before the biggest race of it's life are an even easier toss.

As for Goldikova, her form was no where near what it was in her three previous attempts. She had lost two races in a row for the first time in 4 years and looked quite average while losing the Forret.

I backed Turallure that day.

Maybe you should spend a little more time handicapping races instead of making assinine comments.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #25
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Horses that spike fevers days before the biggest race of their life are easy tosses. Horses that have never won off the plane and spike a fever days before the biggest race of it's life are an even easier toss.

As for Goldikova, her form was no where near what it was in her three previous attempts. She had lost two races in a row for the first time in 4 years and looked quite average while losing the Forret.

Maybe you should spend a little more time handicapping races instead of making assinine comments.
You wanna know what makes for the best handicapping of all?

Saying a horse had no shot after they have been scratched.

Lame.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 01:30 PM   #26
Grits

Quote:

Thank you, I can handicap just fine. Not a thing asinine (learn how to spell it first) about my comments. I don't care who you backed, I simply know you're running your mouth after the information was in. No mas.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 01:45 PM   #27
v j stauffer

Quote:
I'm sure EMD and SRU will come on here next and tell us all how the connections of AP paid off the connections of Beholder to make sure she bled in a workout...
And how this ruins EMD's 16 race place parlay.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:54 PM   #28
depalma113

Quote:
Thank you, I can handicap just fine. Not a thing asinine (learn how to spell it first) about my comments. I don't care who you backed, I simply know you're running your mouth after the information was in. No mas.
I ran my mouth long before this news came up. This isn't the only site I post on. I took plenty of abuse on the Bloodhorse because I didn't like her in the race.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 01:56 PM   #29
ArlJim78

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see how EMD4ME folds this scratch into his intriguing web of conspiracy theories surrounding AP.

Last edited by ArlJim78; 10-29-2015 at 01:57 PM.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 02:02 PM   #30
RXB

Quote:
Not American Pharoah's connections, it's the Brothers Ortiz Mafia behind it. They've already taken over NYRA and are using the Breeders Cup to extend their territory. Irad and Jose are betting millions into Asian dark pools on a straight AP-Keen Ice exacta; nothing and no one can be permitted to stand in their way. Baffert and Zayat, Mandella and Hughes are mere pawns of the Ortiz menace.

(Helpful note for VicS: SATIRE.)

Last edited by RXB; 10-29-2015 at 02:07 PM.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply