Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Computers

Old 09-21-2015, 11:12 PM   #1
Unicorn

Windows 10 Flash Player/Windows Media player

Hi all, I am currently running windows 10 and with the site I view live feed for racing I am experiencing difficulties. I use one of the small equibase sites for betting. It's called idabet.com... I am experiencing problems with the video player. The flash player when up to date is very choppy and buffers a lot and the windows media player has been discontinued since May 2015. I'm not interested in signing up for another betting site. I was wondering if there is a way to get free streaming from a site or program. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2015, 06:15 AM   #2
MJC922

Are you viewing over a wireless connection?
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
Unicorn

My computer is hardlined into the modem. I do have a router for other computers in the house. Hardly ever run all three computers at the same time.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:03 AM   #4
Unicorn

I get around 15-17 download speed and a 2 upload speed. Maybe I just have to upgrade the internet. I'll go about 3-4 months no problems and then sometimes the internet is a little whacky and videos buffer a lot.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:36 PM   #5
MJC922

Your speeds seem ok. If you're on cable there's maybe an outside chance it could be the cable modem. The providers push firmware out to these things without anyone knowing, there's no way to prevent them from putting their firmware on it either. First though, to rule out the machine I'd try watching from another PC or two plugged into the same router and see if they all have this issue.