Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 09-19-2015, 07:25 AM   #16
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
my first program was in C++ and I used oracle. Oracle too slow on a standalone, I tossed Oracle and went to one super huge multi-dimensional array , ran selection sorts off the key value a million ways went old school.

One day my PC crashed , could not recover, and I had no backup. 2nd version I switched to Java and Mysql , took me 2 days to parse and load the DB. and you'll remember everything you did in the past.

good luck
I used to travel the country back in the dot com days and build data warehouses. My problem is that I sort of remember what I did. When I include a module into the rewrite, I have to re-learn it.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2015, 12:37 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperson
Only a person with out any class would post something like the above
It was a bit harsh, but after reading it a few times, I don't think it was classless. It was a brutally honest opinion. Sometimes brutally honest opinions are needed if we are to rectify problems.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #18
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
It was a bit harsh, but after reading it a few times, I don't think it was classless. It was a brutally honest opinion. Sometimes brutally honest opinions are needed if we are to rectify problems.
What was the problem that he had to so brutally correct?

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Old 09-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
What was the problem that he had to so brutally correct?
Your losing year?

If you don't want opinions, then don't invite them...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #20
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Your losing year?

If you don't want opinions, then don't invite them...
And I'm probably going to lose another one.

Let see if I have this right. You have your vendors selling software for hundreds of dollars and charging big monthly sums for data without any proof of what they do, and I claim to have a losing year and you protest?

Anatole France

Old 09-21-2015, 06:29 PM   #21
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
And I'm probably going to lose another one.

Let see if I have this right. You have your vendors selling software for hundreds of dollars and charging big monthly sums for data without any proof of what they do, and I claim to have a losing year and you protest?
Posts like these are why Capper Al can NEVER be taken seriously.....You're starting to look like a fool on a constant basis.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2015, 07:59 PM   #22
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Posts like these are why Capper Al can NEVER be taken seriously.....You're starting to look like a fool on a constant basis.
You have to be kidding. What did I do or say to you? Most people need a reason to be provoked. Just feel let jump in there? go assume yourself somewhere else.

Anatole France

Old 09-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #23
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
You have to be kidding. What did I do or say to you? Most people need a reason to be provoked. Just feel let jump in there? go assume yourself somewhere else.
It's what you say to all of PA in your posts, and ReplayRandall is part of PA. I can read your posts and try to glean even one nugget of enlightenment, but it never happens with you. Those that respond to your posts offer advice and concepts that move the conversation forward. Of course, as usual, your response is clueless and "empty calories", just as if you've never read or contemplated what was uplifting and enlightening dialog from other posters. Bottom-line, MY criticism of you is well warranted and long, long overdue. Trust me, you had this coming to you in SPADES......I'm placing you where you belong,--->IGNORE.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2015, 10:38 PM   #24
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Capper Al, dust yourself off, and be the bigger man. I have no idea what brought all this on. RR is entitled to his opinion. That ignore button works both ways, bro. It's actually kind of funny to me....I once got run out of an A.A. group--you know you've hit rock bottom when A.A. refuses you...and they take any derelict off the gutter.
Hang in there
-NCG
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2015, 07:17 AM   #25
Capper Al

Quote:
It's what you say to all of PA in your posts, and ReplayRandall is part of PA. I can read your posts and try to glean even one nugget of enlightenment, but it never happens with you. Those that respond to your posts offer advice and concepts that move the conversation forward. Of course, as usual, your response is clueless and "empty calories", just as if you've never read or contemplated what was uplifting and enlightening dialog from other posters. Bottom-line, MY criticism of you is well warranted and long, long overdue. Trust me, you had this coming to you in SPADES......I'm placing you where you belong,--->IGNORE.
Good. I have no need for hot heads.

Anatole France

Old 09-22-2015, 07:20 AM   #26
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Capper Al, dust yourself off, and be the bigger man. I have no idea what brought all this on. RR is entitled to his opinion. That ignore button works both ways, bro. It's actually kind of funny to me....I once got run out of an A.A. group--you know you've hit rock bottom when A.A. refuses you...and they take any derelict off the gutter.
Hang in there
-NCG
Thanks for your support. Most of these heated guys just don't see that they are letting off steam. When I ask why or what provoked them, they usually skate the issue.

Anatole France

Old 09-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #27
Magister Ludi

Quote:
I can read your posts and try to glean even one nugget of enlightenment, but it never happens with you. Those that respond to your posts offer advice and concepts that move the conversation forward. Of course, as usual, your response is clueless and "empty calories", just as if you've never read or contemplated what was uplifting and enlightening dialog from other posters. Bottom-line, MY criticism of you is well warranted and long, long overdue. Trust me, you had this coming to you in SPADES......
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp
You've come to it ass backwards and you constantly post these childish perspectives. Anyone can be profitable if they identify a few patterns and only play under optimal conditions. When they step outside of the little pond and try to make some real money, they fall on their faces. Face it, you don't know the game and thus don't really have a clue, let alone a strong opinion.
No heat - just light. Constructive criticism. Take it to heart.
Magister Ludi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #28
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister Ludi
No heat - just light. Constructive criticism. Take it to heart.
Put me on your ignore list, please.

Thanks

Anatole France

Old 09-23-2015, 05:39 AM   #29
Capper Al

Life is good, and I'm back to coding.

Anatole France

Old 09-24-2015, 03:32 PM   #30
Pick 'em Charlie

Quote:
Life is good, and I'm back to coding.

Glad to hear this. All seems quiet in cyberspace for now. Now get your program finished.
Pick 'em Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply