Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 03:57 AM   #16
cato
Irrationally exuberant

Her analysis is fantastic and her delivery is excellent. I'm glad she does not present the information in a robotic way.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:21 AM   #17
lamboguy

Maggie is tremendous, i also want to point out Gabby from Laurel, she is a real hidden gem that is a one man show on her job.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:55 AM   #18
Canarsie

Every compliment stated about Maggie is spot on and well deserved.

But lets also give KUDOS to the guy who hired her and has assembled quite a team for NYRA. The entire NYRA video crew could go head to head and toe to toe with any national broadcast team on their home turf.

I think the guys first name on here is Andy
Old 08-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #19
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Every compliment stated about Maggie is spot on and well deserved.

But lets also give KUDOS to the guy who hired her and has assembled quite a team for NYRA. The entire NYRA video crew could go head to head and toe to toe with any national broadcast team on their home turf.

I think the guys first name on here is Andy
No doubt...I have had my complaints about the Big A and the lack of early speed competition at NYRA ( which is clearly not as bad at the spa meet). But this years Saratoga presentation, from the pre-race banter with Andy, Mike and Jason, straight through the paddock camerawork, to the race and winners circle. Makes you feel as close to being there as possible!
Old 08-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #20
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello
No doubt...I have had my complaints about the Big A and the lack of early speed competition at NYRA ( which is clearly not as bad at the spa meet). But this years Saratoga presentation, from the pre-race banter with Andy, Mike and Jason, straight through the paddock camerawork, to the race and winners circle. Makes you feel as close to being there as possible!
this year the riders are going all out, the horses are good and the show is great. i wish i was there myself!
Old 08-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #21
Stillriledup
Veteran

Maggie saying the 4 horse had short pull-up in sales work. Championofnile in 5th today.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:53 PM   #22
nijinski

Talk about conformation, Charlsey Cantey nailed this. Besides being the wife of Joe Cantey , she did her share of excercising the horses in the am. she also worked with David Whitely"s barn . she was excellent on sizing up the field .i had heard though that not all trainers were happy with their secrets out in the open so I believe Charlsie had her challenges when she was an analyst. as Donna Brothers said , she was public with horse racing before there were even that many women on the backstretch and paved the way for all those that followed., including Wolfendale.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:55 PM   #23
Tor Ekman

In the Kings Bishop, had the pick 3 live to Holy Boss and Mr Z, TVG cut to Maggie who said she likes looks of Grand Billi and Runhappy, both going off at long odds, put saver bets on each and cashed nice one with Runhappy paying $24.60. Ignore her at your peril.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:12 PM   #24
magwell

She has a excellent opinion, as she also showed yesterday in the 6th with the 1 "table for six" a first time starter ........
Old 08-29-2015, 04:31 PM   #25
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
Talk about conformation, Charlsey Cantey nailed this. Besides being the wife of Joe Cantey , she did her share of excercising the horses in the am. she also worked with David Whitely"s barn . she was excellent on sizing up the field .i had heard though that not all trainers were happy with their secrets out in the open so I believe Charlsie had her challenges when she was an analyst. as Donna Brothers said , she was public with horse racing before there were even that many women on the backstretch and paved the way for all those that followed., including Wolfendale.
Short of pure, unadulterated, gushing praise, no trainer likes ANYTHING an analyst says about them or their horses.

Believe it or not, a lower echelon horseman once took exception to my remarking that he'd done a good job with mediocre stock. When I assured him that such blunt critique of animals he'd won races with could only reflect well on his training, the guy replied: "I'd rather you said I'm a great horseman AND have great stock."

Welcome to the wonderful world of handicapping commentary.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #26
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...ars-many-hats/

A wonderful write up for a top notch talent.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #27
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...ars-many-hats/

A wonderful write up for a top notch talent.

"She said she does get nervous when a Morley horse runs and exuberant when they win, but she’s been discouraged by NYRA from making an appearance in the winner’s circle, which disappoints her. It’s one of the trade-offs that comes with being the paddock analyst, a job that Wolfendale has been aiming for since she was a child."

There's a clip associated with it too - https://youtu.be/8u8kYUragLc
Old 09-10-2015, 08:54 PM   #28
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman
Short of pure, unadulterated, gushing praise, no trainer likes ANYTHING an analyst says about them or their horses.

Believe it or not, a lower echelon horseman once took exception to my remarking that he'd done a good job with mediocre stock. When I assured him that such blunt critique of animals he'd won races with could only reflect well on his training, the guy replied: "I'd rather you said I'm a great horseman AND have great stock."

Welcome to the wonderful world of handicapping commentary.
My response to that guy would have been..."Thanks for your input"...
Then as I walk away mutter under my breath..."ef you...I'll be here well after you go out of business. You common nickel training spit box licker"....
Ok.....so that was a bit harsh....Seriously though..Who'd that guy think he was? D Wayne Lukas?
Old 09-11-2015, 08:58 AM   #29
classhandicapper

I have trip notes, bias notes, speed, pace, and class figures, replays, trainer stats etc... What I don't have is notes on changes in physical appearance and any insights into conformation. The thing that makes her "value added" is that she has the information and a skill that most people don't have. IMO, she should be given more time.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:05 AM   #30
chadk66

this thread is worthless without pictures
Closed Thread