Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-30-2015, 12:57 PM   #16
upthecreek

Handicapping Contest

I just got an email from Racetrack Warriors,they are having a hc contest July 4th-100% of the entry fees go to Simon Bray
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2015, 02:04 PM   #17
Vinnie

Warmest thoughts and well wishes out to Simon Bray and his family. May God Bless you and your family. Take Good care and get well Simon.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2015, 02:27 PM   #18
castaway01

That's a bad one to have. I wish Simon all the best in the fight ahead.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2015, 05:52 PM   #19
Bullet Plane

My thoughts and prayers go out to Simon and his family.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2015, 11:55 PM   #20
thespaah

I'm speechless. While I have never had the privilege of meeting him, seems like one of the good guys.
I will keep him in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #21
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

yes a real bad type to have

As I stated earlier lost my father to MM. Some versions are faster than others and no cure.....Tough brings it back.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #22
upthecreek

A corection

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
I just got an email from Racetrack Warriors,they are having a hc contest July 4th-100% of the entry fees go to Simon Bray
All Entry fees for Saturdays contest.
The Simon Bray Open will be donated*to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation in Simons Name bit.ly/supportsimon*
Race Track Warriors consistent with its giving back philosophy,
will*sponsor one entry into the Warriors Summer Challenge
for the Winner of the*game.
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2015, 05:58 PM   #23
Grits

By a great amount, to me, Simon Bray has long been TVG's finest asset. Learning of the battle, the ordeal, he is now facing is heartbreaking.

NBC news anchor, journalist and author, Tom Brokaw, in his recently released, "A Lucky Life Interrupted: A Memoir Of Hope" shares in detail his fight, beginning in 2013, with Multiple Myeloma.

I've not read his book, but I watched Brokaw's documentary when aired only days ago.

I hope that someone will direct Simon to this remarkable and honest look at another's fight against this horrible cancer.

Illness is the hardest thing we face in life. My son was transported to Duke over a week ago. We were released and got to come home last night. Chronic or catastrophic--it makes no difference, it all hurts, it all is frightening. In Simon's plight, he needs all the care, support, and prayers we can offer.

God is with you, Simon Bray. So are others, many that you don't even know.

Prayers.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2015, 06:16 PM   #24
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
By a great amount, to me, Simon Bray has long been TVG's finest asset. Learning of the battle, the ordeal, he is now facing is heartbreaking.

NBC news anchor, journalist and author, Tom Brokaw, in his recently released, "A Lucky Life Interrupted: A Memoir Of Hope" shares in detail his fight, beginning in 2013, with Multiple Myeloma.

I've not read his book, but I watched Brokaw's documentary when aired only days ago.

I hope that someone will direct Simon to this remarkable and honest look at another's fight against this horrible cancer.

Illness is the hardest thing we face in life. My son was transported to Duke over a week ago. We were released and got to come home last night. Chronic or catastrophic--it makes no difference, it all hurts, it all is frightening. In Simon's plight, he needs all the care, support, and prayers we can offer.

God is with you, Simon Bray. So are others, many that you don't even know.

Prayers.
Ditto
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2015, 04:03 PM   #25
Grits

I'm back at this again because it is bothering me so that this man has been diagnosed with this horrible cancer. He has babies at home.

I read the organization's mission. http://www.themmrf.org/ That funds are being raised in Simon's name for research within the organization, and that TVG will match those funds up to 10K, correct?

The cost of the drugs, alone, that will treat this cancer, are astronomical. And too, one remains on cancer drugs when the treatments are completed. Even with sound insurance coverage/plan, all of this will not be covered. There's no way.

60 Minutes--did a piece two weeks ago on cancer drugs that were costing patients as much as 10-15K per month. This was something Tom Brokaw alluded to in his documentary prior to the 60 Minutes telecast. The cost of the treatments, the drugs. This doesn't even begin to consider--out of work for a long period of time. Brokaw is a very wealthy man, he was able to handle all of this. Simon Bray is not, or at least, I don't believe he's as wealthy as Brokaw. I could be wrong.

Maybe I'm not clear on all of this, or the organization's protocol, but I wish that a move had been set up to direct funds raised/donated to only Simon's care and to his family.

I ask this because my niece's brother in law, who I adore, is only 31 and he has stage 4 Testicular Cancer that has reached his abdomen, his lymph nodes. He's been undergoing, five day a week chemo therapy treatments at Duke since April, and the cost is beyond comprehension even with BCBS. His friends established a GoFundMe account to help Greg, even if for a few thousand. Prayers for Simon, and for Greg.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2015, 05:15 PM   #26
Stillriledup
Veteran

Glad to see Simon back on the air.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2015, 08:06 PM   #27
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Glad to see Simon back on the air.

Yes, and he looked terrific, good to see.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2016, 11:42 AM   #28
theiman

Was listening to a So Cal horse show, while in my car this morning, and Mike Joyce, of TVG, mentioned that Simon Bray will be off the TVG show until March or April. He apparently is starting his Stem Cell treatment for Multiple Myeloma.

Lets hope all works out well for him.
theiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2016, 12:32 PM   #29
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiman
Was listening to a So Cal horse show, while in my car this morning, and Mike Joyce, of TVG, mentioned that Simon Bray will be off the TVG show until March or April. He apparently is starting his Stem Cell treatment for Multiple Myeloma.

Lets hope all works out well for him.

Best of Luck to Simon
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2016, 06:09 PM   #30
SandyW

Come back stronger then ever Simon, we are all praying for you.
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply