Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #8596
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
At no other time in his lifetime was there a more perfect time for Donald Trump to run for president. Any other year his candidacy would've been thrashed and he would've been soundly beaten. The man had perfect timing. It's all in the timing,folks !
Maybe true. What other non-politician would put up with all the BS for himself and his family but Trump? Who would speak his truth, political correctness be damned, and not instead be cowed by it? Who else would stand up to a biased press and not take it personally and bend to their will?

Trump isn't perfect, but maybe he's perfect for this point in time because it takes a personality like his to stand up in the current political and social atmosphere without becoming one of them (corrupt, lying Washington).
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2016, 09:35 AM   #8597
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
FTFY

She's not alone in her sentiments.

I don't even know the context but would easily believe the sentiment was correct, just the wording was off. Racism was pretty much a non-issue until Obama was elected to the White House. It should've gotten even less of an issue, and blacks inspired and raised through his great leadership preaching responsibility, abiding by the law, hard work, education, and being anything they want to be, even President. But instead race relations went straight into the toilet.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #8598
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
First Trump shows how much class he's got by inviting Flowers and now you show the above quote.

You know that expression "Class Will Tell"?

Of course, you do.
It was classy to get Cuban to sit in their seat? He shot back, and scored a direct hit. I love it.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #8599
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Democrat never uplift anybody.
Their message is always your are down, you need us, you can't do it yourself.
Democrats are losers.

That is why horsey is so upset with Trump creating 35K jobs.
Those are 35K voters not beholding to Uncle Sugar.

Employment and independence are bad things to the dems.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #8600
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Now, it is HILLARY's people who are going to put Mark Cuban in the front row. Maybe the real lack of class her is that there are so many women Bill has qualified to fit this bill. The dirt bag made his choices....isn't it good for the younger voters to know what a sleezebag he is?

Maybe you better Google Class again....here is a hint, nowhere will you find Hillary's name in conjunction with it.
You got it backwards, Tom. Hil invited Cuban to take their seat, and Cuban tweeted about it. Trump then responded that if they do that, then maybe he should give his seat to Flowers.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #8601
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
You got it backwards, Tom. Hil invited Cuban to take their seat, and Cuban tweeted about it. Trump then responded that if they do that, then maybe he should give his seat to Flowers.
Trump staying above the fold, he is not bringing Flowers for Hillary.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2016, 11:05 AM   #8602
Inner Dirt

Fixed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
I believe what the party tells me to believe.

Strange isn't it? I know Democrats who are obviously well above average intelligence, yet they are cookie cutter Democrats who tow the party line right down to what flavor ice cream a Democrat should eat. If you would have asked them 5 years ago if Drag Queens should be allowed in ladies restrooms you would have got a "Hell No!" out of all of them, now they claim to have "progressed" and are ok with it.

99% of the time I vote Republican. yet there are many things about the party platform I do not agree with.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2016, 12:08 PM   #8603
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I do not agree with the repubs about 50% of the time.
Problem is, that 50% i REALLY do not agree wit the dems, so i am stuck voting repub.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:06 PM   #8604
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Maybe true. What other non-politician would put up with all the BS for himself and his family but Trump? Who would speak his truth, political correctness be damned, and not instead be cowed by it? Who else would stand up to a biased press and not take it personally and bend to their will?

Trump isn't perfect, but maybe he's perfect for this point in time because it takes a personality like his to stand up in the current political and social atmosphere without becoming one of them (corrupt, lying Washington).

The post quoted above is the big reason I would vote for Trump. There is a lot of truth in what you said.

The problem is how much downside is there if Trump is elected? I don't know and I doubt if I will know by Election Day.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #8605
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

That is what this election is all about.
With Hilary, we know the downside.
With Trump we don't.

Not that Trump is so great, but he is the only choice with possible positive outcomes.

He looks good because he is next to Hillary.
If you want to look thin, hang out with fat people.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:08 PM   #8606
JustRalph
Just another Facist

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...rrent-polling/

Can Trump win......?
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2016, 03:33 PM   #8607
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
You bet he can, Ralph. Hillary would have to....well do something positive and I don't see that happening before Nov. 8th.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2016, 05:48 PM   #8608
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Of course he can, and he will.

And that map doesn't even include Michigan and Pennsylvania, which Trump wins easily.

As yours truly said months and months ago... Donald Trump is a mortal lock to win this election. Instead of ignoring me you guys should have engaged and just maybe you'd have backed the right horse when it counted -- before this bandwagon got crowded.

Winner Trump is the Arrogate and Connect to loser Hillary's Exaggerator and Nyquist.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2016, 06:42 PM   #8609
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
The post quoted above is the big reason I would vote for Trump. There is a lot of truth in what you said.

The problem is how much downside is there if Trump is elected? I don't know and I doubt if I will know by Election Day.
I don't think you (or we) need to worry about his downside. I feel 100% sure of the following:

1. That he wants to be THE best President ever, and will work towards making us and everyone to believe he is.

2. The idea that he'll press the nuclear button is absurd. See number 1.

3. Just as in business, he'll surround himself with extremely competent people for each job. And they'll be apolitical. They'll simply be the best person for the job that he can hire.

4. See number 1 again. That is the most positive thing you can say about a Presidential candidate, and I don't think anyone can say this about Hillary.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:47 PM   #8610
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
You should form your own opinion(s) based on info from an unbiased source. Vote your conscience as someone once said. But, it turns out that guy was/is nothing but a wimp and really doesn't know what he stands for.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply