Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 09:44 AM   #46
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
There is no handicapping show like Mountainman's to be found anywhere in this country...and to cut it short is a grave error, IMO. Mountaineer displays certain idiosyncrasies which demand that the bettor keep an open mind until the very late stages of the betting period...and Mountainman is the horseplayer's best friend in that setting. To say that I hold him and his show in the highest esteem is putting it mildly.
humbling, from a guy who handicaps better than I do, and is, in my opinion, the heart of this preeminent forum
Old 06-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #47
jimmy m

Everybody has a right to the there opinion. I wish he would have worded it different, I hate the words shut up. Mountaineer is one of the signals I watch for the handicapping show. That is a great talent to talk that long up and to the race and he keep it interesting. One of my favorite moments in this game was my visit to Mountaineer back in 07 and watch a few races with them they were very nice and made me feel very welcome.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Since I closed the NYRA handicapper bashfest, it's only fitting I close this attempted bashfest turned lovefest as well...
Closed Thread