Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:00 AM   #31
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
You've been watching too many races from Emerald Downs. You've forgotten what a good race horse looks like.
I concur.

What do you expect from a guy who heaps unwarranted praise on a dog track which masquerades as a thoroughbred racing venue?
Old 06-08-2015, 01:06 AM   #32
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
You've been watching too many races from Emerald Downs. You've forgotten what a good race horse looks like.

HA HA HA Hilarious. That's my part time track. NYRA is my main focus.

I never said he wasn't good. Reread all my posts. I actually did say over and over again he IS a good horse. Just not a superstar in my eyes (Secretariat-Kelso-Cigar etc.)
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2015, 01:10 AM   #33
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I concur.

What do you expect from a guy who heaps unwarranted praise on a dog track which masquerades as a thoroughbred racing venue?

Hey, don't make fun of Emerald. That owner spent his money to BUILD a track when Longacres closed. They refused and REFUSE to become a slut, oops I mean slot based track. (Yes he sold to the tribe this year but the tribe is actually promoting racing, not trying to kill it). They run races true to form. The fans there LOVE horse racing. Not racino's with some horsies running around.

In my opinion, they have THE top track announcer in the country (who sadly was honored today as he is leaving for Woodbine) and they don't have your usual array of supertrainers moving horses up and dumping them left and right.

Steve Christ pointed me to Emerald Downs. Glad he did. Opened my eyes to a wonderful and formful venue.

We should all be supporting a venue that is actually trying to promote horse racing.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:29 AM   #34
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Not the point, the point is that race has shown Pletcher that this horse has proven to be able to stalk, so a rabbit would not hurt him as he is not a need the lead type.
Yeah...he DID STALK...he was a half-length off AP after 4f...

Jeez man...how many stories do you want to tell us?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2015, 02:31 AM   #35
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Yeah...he DID STALK...he was a half-length off AP after 4f...

Jeez man...how many stories do you want to tell us?
we were talking about why Pletcher didn't enter a rabbit. Can you do me a favor PA, can you actually read the posts and the contexts of the posts before you treat me like I'm SRU (Who I actually like)?
Old 06-08-2015, 10:41 AM   #36
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
we were talking about why Pletcher didn't enter a rabbit. Can you do me a favor PA, can you actually read the posts and the contexts of the posts before you treat me like I'm SRU (Who I actually like)?
OK. He didn't enter a rabbit because American Pharoah is not a need-to-lead type.

A rabbit would have caused AP to simply take back a bit and let the rabbit do all the hard running up front...it would have been a useless maneuver by Pletcher. He's not a dumbass....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #37
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
OK. He didn't enter a rabbit because American Pharoah is not a need-to-lead type.

A rabbit would have caused AP to simply take back a bit and let the rabbit do all the hard running up front...it would have been a useless maneuver by Pletcher. He's not a dumbass....
In order to buy into END4ME's thinking you first have to accept that both HOF'ers John Velasquez and Todd Pletcher are morons.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #38
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

If there had been a rabbit in the race, AP would have eaten it on the backstretch and run home faster on a protein high. Then everyone would be happy today.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #39
tophatmert

Pletcher thought Mater was going to be good competition for AP, why mess with a rabbit. I got to believe Pletch was trying to give himself the best chance to win- stalk AP like he stalked Upstart. AP is not Upstart and Mater is no better or worse than he was in March. I will probably be betting against or passing in AP 's next race but I don't feel as though I need a reason to downgrade any of these Triple Crown performances to do that. I might bet against because most horses throw a bad one or two eventually.
tophatmert is offline   Reply With Quote Reply