Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:19 PM   #16
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I had a bunch of people text me saying it looked like a boat race. A person who goes to the track on occasion and is not a hardcore player texted me 'looked like a race to help the industry"

I also got a text today from the same person "who are these "fans" that only flocked there on the big day, where are they on all the other days to support the sport on a regular basis?"

TAP has 300 horses he couldnt enter 1 rabbit to battle up AP?
Yep, the industry just rolled over so that the Zayat's and Baffert could rake in millions just so we could have a Triple Crown winner.

If Pletcher does enter a sprinter as a rabbit, he could well end up ruining that horse forever. And then you would be on here complaining about why Pletcher would so stupidly enter a horse in the field if he broke down or simply hit a wall and faded to dead last losing by 57 lengths.

Where are the "real" NFL fans? Over a Billion people watch the game on Super Bowl Sunday, but just any ordinary Sunday only 1/1,000 of that amount catch a game. Bunch of damn band-wagoners those NFL fans I tell ya.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2015, 08:55 PM   #17
jk3521
Registered Loser

Yes, SRU is definitly The President and CEO of the School of Mush !

Or maybe Muck !

Last edited by jk3521; 06-07-2015 at 08:57 PM.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2015, 09:52 PM   #18
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

If it was a boat race, that was a nice catamaran that won......
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2015, 09:59 PM   #19
tophatmert

Quote:
I had a bunch of people text me saying it looked like a boat race. A person who goes to the track on occasion and is not a hardcore player texted me 'looked like a race to help the industry"

I also got a text today from the same person "who are these "fans" that only flocked there on the big day, where are they on all the other days to support the sport on a regular basis?"

AP on the lead Mater pressing Frosted making mid to late run Keen Ice late run. I rarely see races run this much to form. Get some new friends this bunch who texted you seems a bit dim. The person who watches a TC winner and says it "looked like a race to help the industry" needs a professional mental evaluation. Get a new phone number as soon as you get off the grassy knoll.
tophatmert is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2015, 11:18 PM   #20
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

I agree

I agree

and

I agree.

SRU, your other posts over time, have unfortunately put you in a position, where even if you speak logical sense, it is popular for people to mock your position/angles/points.

regardless, I agree with all of your points.

If a rabbit was entered there was a SOLID chance it would've mattered. Why?

AP had to stalk just once in his career. That was the race that went sub 46 at OP. He did so with aplomb. However, his come home time was subpar in that race.

AP has only finished fast twice in his career. Once in the OP 115 and change debacle and yesterday's debacle where he was treated like a bleeding prostitute with AIDS on the lead.

If he would've had to stalk a rabbit, maybe just maybe he would've had another horse to his outside or inside which would've put some pressure on him to move early to avoid a shuffle or a check. Most definitely he would've had to exert more energy early into a decent pace AND FOR 10000% sure he would not have had the decent closing time that he showed yesterday (while allowed to waltz in a cantor around a speed conducive track).

I beg to differ on the topic of 'how would a rabbit have effected him in the Belmont'.

Regardless, it shows you how the race was pretty much mulliganed to him by Todd Pletcher as they showed zero interest in chasing AP early. If they really were trying to win yesterday, they would've entered a rabbit, they would've chased or gone clear with Materiality out of the gate. At least that would've given the uncoupled entry mate a better shot.

Not saying for sure AP would've lost but it would've been a true horse race if they had entered a rabbit. Not the Roosevelt boat race of 1958.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 06-07-2015 at 11:20 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2015, 11:26 PM   #21
castaway01

Yeah, because you always enter rabbits for horses that race on or near the lead like Materiality....
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2015, 11:41 PM   #22
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
Yeah, because you always enter rabbits for horses that race on or near the lead like Materiality....

Materiality has proven he can stalk (Florida Derby) and put away (at the time) a legitimate race horse (Upstart).

If they truly wanted no part of the lead, then why not send a rabbit to screw things up a bit?

Is that not a logical question?
Old 06-07-2015, 11:57 PM   #23
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Materiality has proven he can stalk (Florida Derby) and put away (at the time) a legitimate race horse (Upstart).

If they truly wanted no part of the lead, then why not send a rabbit to screw things up a bit?

Is that not a logical question?
You understand what a shit race the Fla Derby has turned out to be, right?
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2015, 11:59 PM   #24
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
You understand what a shit race the Fla Derby has turned out to be, right?
Not the point, the point is that race has shown Pletcher that this horse has proven to be able to stalk, so a rabbit would not hurt him as he is not a need the lead type.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:06 AM   #25
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Thank you EDM, much appeciated.
1)If you're going to thank me, please spell my name correctly ! LMAO

2) Don't thank me too much because if I disagree with your points, I will tell you straight up pal LOL
Old 06-08-2015, 12:16 AM   #26
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

His come home time in Arkansas was irrelevant. He was under a hold the last furlong, maybe more.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2015, 12:21 AM   #27
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
1)If you're going to thank me, please spell my name correctly ! LMAO

2) Don't thank me too much because if I disagree with your points, I will tell you straight up pal LOL
Sorry im posting on an ipad right now, hopefully thats a good enough excuse. I appreciate your candor and as far as disagreeing goes you do it respectfully , which i appreciate!

Sorry for the freudian on the name wont happen again
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2015, 12:23 AM   #28
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
Yep, the industry just rolled over so that the Zayat's and Baffert could rake in millions just so we could have a Triple Crown winner.

If Pletcher does enter a sprinter as a rabbit, he could well end up ruining that horse forever. And then you would be on here complaining about why Pletcher would so stupidly enter a horse in the field if he broke down or simply hit a wall and faded to dead last losing by 57 lengths.

Where are the "real" NFL fans? Over a Billion people watch the game on Super Bowl Sunday, but just any ordinary Sunday only 1/1,000 of that amount catch a game. Bunch of damn band-wagoners those NFL fans I tell ya.
Where did i say the industry rolled over?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2015, 12:31 AM   #29
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
His come home time in Arkansas was irrelevant. He was under a hold the last furlong, maybe more.
Yes he was really geared down 70 yards out and was not all out from the 1/4 to the 1/16 pole. He was under a light ride to a medium ride between those calls. I was not counting his last 1/8 too much as he was not all out. Just measuring his time from 3/4 to the mile marker, I saw the following:

He was 1 length behind at the 3/8 behind a 110.54 (110.71). He ran a mile in 135.94. 4th Q time in 25.23

Wolf Man Rocket (3YO minor stakes winner) came home in 25.14 in his nice little closing effort.

3YO MDSPWT's came home in 25.04 a couple of races earlier. (4th quarter)

G2 4 UP Stakes runners came home in 25.00 flat (4th quarter)

His closing time in that race was good. Was it awesome? no BUT it was under a light ride and could have been better.

My whole point to all this, is that if Materiality would've went to the lead FROM THE gate, not after 1F or 2F, it could've changed AP's ability to come home the way he did Saturday.

Plus, it was (obviously) his first start at such a ridiculous distance. I wanted him tested, to see how great he is.

I think it's fair to say, he had the optimal circumstances to generate his fastest possible come home time on Saturday.

I guess I just wanted to see him challenged from the gate, to see if he could overcome the obstacle AND finish fast. It didn't happen. Maybe I'll get to see that one day, maybe not as he might not make it to the gate again. You never know with racehorses, especially ones worth as much as him.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:37 AM   #30
ultracapper

You've been watching too many races from Emerald Downs. You've forgotten what a good race horse looks like.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply