Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-06-2015, 05:22 PM   #16
Some_One

He just needs an easy lead and he isn't getting that in a one turn G1 mile race. Really I would try turf with him, he'll get the easy lead.
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 05:27 PM   #17
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_One
He just needs an easy lead and he isn't getting that in a one turn G1 mile race. Really I would try turf with him, he'll get the easy lead.
Doubt that would enhance his value much after winning the BC Classic, but it could open his options a little. I'd try two turn dirt races first, he'll get the lead in those as well.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 10:34 PM   #18
Ocala Mike

All day long listening (AND IGNORING) this from my "expert" handicrapping buds -

"A mile is too short for Honor Code."

Man, Shug had him WIRED today. When I heard the fractions, I knew it was going to be collection time! Awesome performance, last to first.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2015, 08:27 PM   #19
Robert Fischer
clean money

Really a nice performance by Honor Code.

He had a dream trip, considering that he sat off the hot pace, but he sure looked great doing it.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:31 PM   #20
RacingFan1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Really a nice performance by Honor Code.

He had a dream trip, considering that he sat off the hot pace, but he sure looked great doing it.
"And here comes Forego gaining ground on the far outside". Honor Code is not in the same league as Forego but he has a running style just like him. That was a beautiful performance by HC. I knew he was going to be something special even though most people discounted him. Good Job Honor Code. Good Luck in the Whitney and Breeders' Cup Classic.
RacingFan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #21
chadk66

I feel the last thing anybody wants to do is bet against Shug at Belmont in a big race. Shug is an amazing trainer I think. Very under rated.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2015, 10:07 AM   #22
classhandicapper

Bayern is an interesting case study.

I argued strongly all last year that I had never seen a horse accomplish so much partly because of a series of bias aided and soft pace aided trips. I was hoping he would come back strong just to demonstrate that he was a good horse, but nearly as good as some people thought.

Now I'm not sure what to think.

By sending him to the Met Mile instead of the Stephen Foster, Baffert was expressing confidence that the horse was doing very well. The Met was clearly the tougher spot.

Given his performance there, either Baffert was wrong or this horse is even more dependent on soft leads, golden rails, speed biases etc... than I thought.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #23
Grits

Quote:
Bayern is an interesting case study.

I argued strongly all last year that I had never seen a horse accomplish so much partly because of a series of bias aided and soft pace aided trips. I was hoping he would come back strong just to demonstrate that he was a good horse, but nearly as good as some people thought.

Now I'm not sure what to think.
When he's been beaten by 12 lengths in his first race back, and beaten by 28 lengths last Saturday in the Met? Last in both races.

Remember when everyone said Rachel was not the same horse at 4 years old? Maybe Bayern isn't either. Maybe the Classic winner needs softer spots, for now. (Though, this wouldn't be a good thing.)

You're honest and you're fair.. for even bringing the horse up, acknowledging your thoughts today, given many felt the horse was the "second coming". Your observations are not attached to a stance, demanded and carried over, from last year. .... Maybe his 3 year old form will return.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: