Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 06-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #31
GaryG
Unreconstructed

There is no substitute for a sharp eye and careful study of the replays. Plus the best figures that you can get. Figures alone, even good ones, have become common currency.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:13 PM   #32
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
Trainers try to mask their numbers. Many big time trainers have assistant trainers. When they see fit for their purposes, they'll post the trainer as the assistant trainer.
I don't think I've ever seen this occur. They show the trainer changes in the pp's at least DRF and BRIS.

Are there rules for trainer of record?

How would this be a hidden advantage?

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 06-03-2015 at 07:22 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2015, 07:28 PM   #33
BELMONT 6-6-09

The old adage never again make a bad percentage play sticks in my mind and if used as a mantra avoids weak wagers with no value and careless play all together. I know this seems simplistic but it is a start to being a tough player, provided the other essential selection, money management, discipline etc factors are the best that can be.
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2015, 07:29 PM   #34
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
The knowledge gathered by reading books and joining horse racing forums is superficial; it can hardly be called "knowledge to profit". IMO, the horseplayer begins to take steps toward profitability when he realizes that success in gambling -- as in life, I suppose -- is dependent upon acquiring SELF-knowledge as well...and you can't find that in any book, or online forum.

The books and the forums are only a nudge in the right direction...with "profit" remaining far in the distance.
When and IF you ever get your book published, how are you going to explain your post?

Obviously, I disagree with you and Al (his response to you).
Old 06-03-2015, 07:37 PM   #35
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PICSIX
Focus on the exacta where I feel a two horse box will cover it.

1. Best early with best late.

2. Two standouts that the rest of the field can't touch.

3. Favorite with a price horse.

Look to see if the race fits one of these situations, if not, pass.
FYI, #1 and #2 are a couple of my exacta strategies. But, see below.

Quote:
1. Best early with best late...
Depends on the race situation.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #36
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
When and IF you ever get your book published, how are you going to explain your post?

Obviously, I disagree with you and Al (his response to you).
It's perfectly fine with me if you disagree with me all day long. I only offer my opinions here...and it doesn't bother me in the least if people disagree with me. Disagreements are the engines which power the best debates...and I love to debate.

In my book, I tell the truth...and nothing but the truth. There is no bullshit in my book about "turning losing players into winners", as some of the other popular books claim...which might be the reason why I have such a hard time getting published. All I can do in the book is impart some useful advice to the reader...but knowledge alone won't turn that reader into a winner. Do you suppose that all the obese people wobbling around out there are in the state they are in because they lack the "knowledge" needed to lose the extra weight that they carry?

"Knowledge" and "wisdom" are different things, friend...and you need WISDOM to beat this game. And wisdom isn't something that you can go out and buy...
Old 06-03-2015, 08:44 PM   #37
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
I don't think I've ever seen this occur. They show the trainer changes in the pp's at least DRF and BRIS.

Are there rules for trainer of record?

How would this be a hidden advantage?
The last one I remember was a Baffert assistant. Baffert could be grooming his trainers as well. No telling what'sup.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2015, 08:51 PM   #38
Capper Al

If one uses someone else's software or their own, they are going to have to figure out for themselves on how to win.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Old 06-04-2015, 09:44 AM   #39
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Not trying to doubt anyone, but I just wonder if it was a case of the trainer getting suspended and the assistant taking over?
Old 06-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #40
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Not trying to doubt anyone, but I just wonder if it was a case of the trainer getting suspended and the assistant taking over?
That is the only time that I have seen the asst listed as trainer of record. They don't just switch trainers at will for devious purposes. This sounds like paranoia. They may darken the form for devious purposes though and that is up to the player to figure out.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:39 AM   #41
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG
That is the only time that I have seen the asst listed as trainer of record. They don't just switch trainers at will for devious purposes. This sounds like paranoia. They may darken the form for devious purposes though and that is up to the player to figure out.
I said that they change the trainer for their purposes and later suggested that Baffert might have been grooming an assistant trainer. Where's the paranoia?

Anatole France

Old 06-04-2015, 11:21 AM   #42
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
In my book, I tell the truth...and nothing but the truth.
I am so glad there will finally be someone who publishes something worth reading, all the others having no value and all.

Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2015, 12:12 PM   #43
traynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
I am so glad there will finally be someone who publishes something worth reading, all the others having no value and all.

One of the most difficult concepts to grasp is that what one believes to be "true" is little more than a subjective interpretation of a (very) nebulous external reality. Chasing Truth-with-a-big-T has consumed the thoughts of many throughout history. Some (very few) are fortunate enough to realize that what they believe to be Ultimate Truth is little more than a personal opinion. And, as everyone knows, opinions are like noses. Everyone (or almost everyone) has one.
traynor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2015, 12:14 PM   #44
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Specifics?
Name and date?

I find this hard to take at face value.
Jay seavers (Who now works for calhoun)--sam david

Late 90's-early 2000's

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #45
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Now, I have seen this occur but not as a hidden maneuver. A trainer intentionally getting suspended would be over the top for maneuvering a big score.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 06-04-2015 at 12:37 PM.