Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 05-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #61
powerrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
today 5/20/16....pimlico...8th...against...the 10yr. old hard trying Ben's Cat 9/5 ML...although the pace set-up is ideal for him...think he's lost a step...also think he's much better at 5.5 f than the 5f race today...b.o.l. all..
I always appreciate your contributions, yet to pick against Ben's Cat took some you know what! The old champ still has it!
powerrun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #62
pandy

What a horse Ben's Cat is. When Trevor steered him to a clear lane he went to the whip and Ben's Cat just took off. Beautiful. Good to see King Leatherbury doing well, great trainer.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2016, 08:57 PM   #63
sammy the sage

yep...took it in the chops today...BC was B.A. in every way....like the bossman here says tho...don't have to be right much to be ahead...
Old 05-20-2016, 09:42 PM   #64
powerrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
yep...took it in the chops today...BC was B.A. in every way....like the bossman here says tho...don't have to be right much to be ahead...
Well said, Sammy. I made my blunder of the day...had my pick 4 ready to go with Ben's Cat as my single. I decided to simply watch the Cat run and pulled back the bet for who knows why. Anyway, I would have won the pick 4. Oh well. At least I saw a horse for the ages win! And to make the day end well, I did well on my other bets!
powerrun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 11:23 AM   #65
sammy the sage

just have to do it...13th race pimlico...9/5 shot Nyquist...

He's gonna take mud in the face...and I believe race ridden by other jocks and pinned to the rail...both are firsts for this horse...have too take a stand against here...
Old 05-22-2016, 07:00 AM   #66
sammy the sage

was right while being wrong about how at the same time...8-7 the record now...
Old 07-09-2016, 07:17 AM   #67
sammy the sage

7/9/16....lot's of stakes action....and some "iffy" chalk in my book....at 2/1 or less m/l...

Belmont.
6th...#9 Coppa...could be any kind...will bet against here...Jock's lone mount...flying in...think will get hooked by inside horse...

10th..#12..Catch a glimpse...lone speed at a distance always dangerous...however several here have been very close at shorter...now in their wheelhouse+++Euro's are here W/the drug L...let 'em beat me at the expected price...

11th...#2..private zone...long lay-off...always let these type beat me if they can

Arlington

8th...#11...J.R. Holiday...outside...plenty here close enough...if was that good...would be in a bigger money race...
Old 07-09-2016, 09:21 AM   #68
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

I've missed this thread.

Thanks for bringing it back STS.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2016, 10:03 AM   #69
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
I've missed this thread.

Thanks for bringing it back STS.
Thanks for the thoughts....took a bit a of break...B.O.L. all today...
Old 07-09-2016, 09:44 PM   #70
sammy the sage

2-2 on the call-out's...the 2 that won...very nice horses...indeed...10-9 now...not all that great...

several coulda/woulda/shoulda called out today...but didn't...so don't count...but Pizza Man, Firing Line, Economic model....all...didn't run that good...

If one knew in advance...that's a BIG step...

Thinking a few knew today that PZ wouldn't fire...those pay-offs were light...

Insider's game...and I'm trying to read between the lines...last year was pretty good...this year...not so much...

always another race tho...
Old 07-23-2016, 06:48 AM   #71
sammy the sage

7/23...not time for the reasons...but here's the ones I'm betting against winning today...

Saratoga
7th..Inordinate 9/5 ml #2
9th..My Man Sam 4/5 ml #4...hhhmmmm betting against my namesake in a short field...

Monmouth
9th..Noble Bird 2/1 #3

Delmar
9th..Cal. Chrome 4/5 ml #6...maybe I will, maybe I won't...that's trainer Sherman's words...
Old 07-23-2016, 09:59 PM   #72
sammy the sage

chrome by a neck...will be better next time...still 3-1 getting rid of chalk...not bad at short prices...over-all for 2016 now 13-10 on posted spots...

till next time
Old 07-26-2016, 09:25 PM   #73
sammy the sage

If you've followed along over last years very good year and this year's blah so far...you will have noticed that I've pretty much stuck to the bigger paying races...

In all honesty...the cheaper races....big chalk is more suspect at times...at least in my book...many here will disagree...which is ok...I like their money!!!

am thinking about posting on 7/28...ie....thurs...strictly "Toga"....a chalk or two I don't like....any interest out there?

Yes...this is an ego stroke...since I only play on BIG days...still...always good to try and keep a mind sharp....and perhaps somebody else can score...

Besides...as I stated....this year blah....need to pad my stats....
Old 07-27-2016, 09:13 PM   #74
sammy the sage

Thurs...9th race....Toga....#5 Weekend Hideaway 2/1 ML....3 OTHER early speedballs in here....sets up pace wise for something off....
Old 07-28-2016, 02:04 PM   #75
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Sar Race 3 today.
Looking to beat the chalk #8 Benevolence but he doesn't meet the 2-1 odds criteria, at least not yet.
Price is 5-2 with 2 MTP

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: