Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Old 05-04-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
ChristianBlake

How To Pick Long Shots & How To Win At Horse Racing

I have two books on Amazon, How To Pick Long Shots and How To Win At Horse Racing. I'd like to get more reviews for both.

If you're interested in a free copy of each book in exchange for an honest review posted on Amazon, please send me a message, or post in here.

You'll need either a Kindle device, or the free "kindle reader app" which is available for most every device/OS.

How To Pick Long Shots is written for intermediate/advanced players, and How To Win At Horse Racing is designed for beginners. Please keep that in mind when reading the books and posting your reviews.

Daily Selections and Pace Numbers
ChristianBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2015, 11:32 PM   #2
ChristianBlake

Just to clarify...although How To Win At Horse Racing is designed for beginners, I would definitely be interested in reviews from more experienced players who could give an honest assessment as to how valuable the info would be for a beginner.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #3
garyscpa

I'll give it a shot at both.
garyscpa is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2015, 01:27 PM   #4
punteray

I would like to give them a GO
punteray is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2015, 03:39 PM   #5
ChristianBlake

Thanks for your interest!

You'll need a Kindle device OR the free Kindle Reader Application (it's free, google it).

Both books will be free to download through Amazon on Monday, May 11th. As long as you have a Kindle or the free Kindle Reader Application you can get the books. Visit Amazon and search for "How To Pick Long Shots by Christian Blake". You'll be able to download that book, and you'll be able to download How To Win At Horse Racing as well.

Please remember that How To Win At Horse Racing is written for beginners, so read/review it with that audience in mind.

All reviews will be greatly appreciated.

I've already received some fantastic input from players about the free pace numbers I've been posting in the selections section. Thanks to everyone for helping me improve the layout and design of my pace sheets!

Old 05-05-2015, 08:19 PM   #6
mrroyboy

Thank you. I will download it.
mrroyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2015, 12:31 AM   #7
Sinner369

Late Pace.............???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianBlake
I have two books on Amazon, How To Pick Long Shots and How To Win At Horse Racing. I'd like to get more reviews for both.

If you're interested in a free copy of each book in exchange for an honest review posted on Amazon, please send me a message, or post in here.

You'll need either a Kindle device, or the free "kindle reader app" which is available for most every device/OS.

How To Pick Long Shots is written for intermediate/advanced players, and How To Win At Horse Racing is designed for beginners. Please keep that in mind when reading the books and posting your reviews.
I am a long time harness player and late pace and last half has always being a domain (or staple) of harness handicappers.

It will be interesting to see how you can use it for thoroughbreds.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:14 AM   #8
coastkid

I'm In!

Would like to take you up on your offer. I will objectively study and give you my honest opinion.
coastkid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #9
ChristianBlake

re: late pace

It was easy to build formulas and establish comparable pace numbers for harness because of the 1 mile distance, but it took many years before I figured out how to do the same thing with thoroughbreds. With harness, there are multiple sections of pace within the race that can be analyzed. The same is true for thoroughbreds, but it's much more difficult to discern.

These books are about common sense handicapping with the DRF, so pace/speed numbers really aren't discussed. I designed them to be informative for anyone, not just the number junkies (like me). A player can read How To Pick Long Shots and then skim the DRF, looking for specific scenarios, and find two or three horses a day that fit one of the descriptions in the book. This type of info is particularly valuable for those who play the multi-race exotics (pick 3s, pick 4s, etc). It's always frustrating when a 40/1 flyer kicks you out of an exotic pool.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #10
Sinner369

Since I am.................???

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastkid
Would like to take you up on your offer. I will objectively study and give you my honest opinion.
Since I am a pace handicapper for harness racing............it will be interesting to see how you translate "that" to the thoroughbreds.

Count me in on your offer!
Old 05-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #11
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Is the general idea that the concepts in your book will work better if the reader buys your proprietary ratings?
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2015, 02:12 PM   #12
ChristianBlake

The books aren't related to my pace numbers.

The books were written in early 2013. Other than a few editorial revisions, the books have remained intact. Although I've been using my pace numbers for 20+ years, I only recently decided to share them with other handicappers (and to be honest, I'm having more fun sharing these numbers and watching other people make money than I was when I kept this info to myself!).

So, to reiterate, the long shot book is about common sense handicapping; scenarios to look for, situations to be aware of where you can find a horse at a price. The book for beginners is a systematic approach to handicapping; simple things first, and more advanced concepts as you progress in skill.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #13
cutchemist42

Love handicapping books, I would read both and give a review.
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2015, 02:14 AM   #14
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Fair enough. If the offer is still open, I'll read both and give them an honest review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianBlake
The books aren't related to my pace numbers.

The books were written in early 2013. Other than a few editorial revisions, the books have remained intact. Although I've been using my pace numbers for 20+ years, I only recently decided to share them with other handicappers (and to be honest, I'm having more fun sharing these numbers and watching other people make money than I was when I kept this info to myself!).

So, to reiterate, the long shot book is about common sense handicapping; scenarios to look for, situations to be aware of where you can find a horse at a price. The book for beginners is a systematic approach to handicapping; simple things first, and more advanced concepts as you progress in skill.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2015, 01:24 PM   #15
ChristianBlake

Yes, the offer is still open.

Just remember the free download date is Monday, May 11th. Any time during the day, you'll have to visit Amazon and search for my book, and then click the "BUY" button (which will say FREE).

Both books will be free to download on that day.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my books, and for your Amazon reviews.