Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-27-2015, 08:32 AM   #1
nads1420
Veteran

Kentucky Derby Broadcast Features

Which horses do you think will be featured on the broadcast? Im assuming there will be a Baffert feature since he has the top 2 choices... Then usually horses with interesting stories.. Anyone know the horses with the interesting backround stories this year?
nads1420 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2015, 12:29 PM   #2
RoyalHeroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nads1420
Which horses do you think will be featured on the broadcast? Im assuming there will be a Baffert feature since he has the top 2 choices... Then usually horses with interesting stories.. Anyone know the horses with the interesting backround stories this year?
Well, that's a tailor made no brainer: Mubtaahij!

Hailing from the cradle of the foundation sires that made the modern thoroughbred, to the royal ownership, to his trainer, to the trainers training technique (works in bare hoofs, gets shod raceday, uses Fine Equinigy GPS monitoring system to keep track of the horses inner condition), to the horse's accomplishments thus far {beating older twice already yet didn't turn 3 until Tuesday 4/28, won twice @ 1 3/16 miles, similar to Canonero II, totally bred for turf yet was a bust until put on dirt}, and on and on.
What is clear enough is that the Federal Reserve was established to remove the Constitution as the controlling agency in national monetary policy and to guarantee, instead, that certain special interest groups were disproportionately, in fact monopolistically represented in determining that policy, for the special benefit of those groups and at everybody else's expense.
- Dr. Edwin J. Vieira, Jr.
RoyalHeroine is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2015, 03:54 PM   #3
minethatbird08

On the Derby site they have a story about Kiaran Mclaughlin and how he has MS, so I am sure they could have something about that when talking about Frosted. Also, I am positive they will have something about Carla Gaines trying to be the first female trainer to win the KD; I know from reading some marketing article that the Derby broadcast has found great success with women viewers. That is part of the reason we will see Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski (Figure Skaters) on the broadcast again.. As a guy I have zero problem with this. I love that my wife gets just as excited as I do about Derby but for her it's more about hosting a party, wearing big hats and drinking.
minethatbird08 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #4
RoyalHeroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by minethatbird08
On the Derby site they have a story about Kiaran Mclaughlin and how he has MS, so I am sure they could have something about that when talking about Frosted. Also, I am positive they will have something about Carla Gaines trying to be the first female trainer to win the KD; I know from reading some marketing article that the Derby broadcast has found great success with women viewers. That is part of the reason we will see Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski (Figure Skaters) on the broadcast again.. As a guy I have zero problem with this. I love that my wife gets just as excited as I do about Derby but for her it's more about hosting a party, wearing big hats and drinking.

Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski
What is clear enough is that the Federal Reserve was established to remove the Constitution as the controlling agency in national monetary policy and to guarantee, instead, that certain special interest groups were disproportionately, in fact monopolistically represented in determining that policy, for the special benefit of those groups and at everybody else's expense.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:13 PM   #5
SecretAgentMan

HRTV is doing the broadcast starting tomorrow & will continue all week into Saturdays KD......I love the fact that I font have HRTV, geez....

Wtf couldn't TVG have this? Guess I will go to my cousins house on Wed to catch the clockers work special program they are running since my cousin has Comcast.

Tvg is worthless!
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2015, 04:17 PM   #6
SecretAgentMan

Quote:

I don't know any women that go to the track to bet.....like my gf, she's like your wife, she enjoys the derby because of all the hype that goes into it.....we get together with friends & cook some steaks on the grill before the race.

Actually I'm glad she doesn't gamble, don't need 2 of a kind in a relationship when it comes to gambling.

This derby offers a lot of different wagering types because of how deep the talent level is this year.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #7
RoyalHeroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
I don't know any women that go to the track to bet.....like my gf, she's like your wife, she enjoys the derby because of all the hype that goes into it.....we get together with friends & cook some steaks on the grill before the race.

Actually I'm glad she doesn't gamble, don't need 2 of a kind in a relationship when it comes to gambling.

This derby offers a lot of different wagering types because of how deep the talent level is this year.

You gamble??

And you STILL have a girlfriend?!?

(Sorry, couldn't help myself!)
Old 04-27-2015, 04:42 PM   #8
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHeroine
You gamble??

And you STILL have a girlfriend?!?

(Sorry, couldn't help myself!)

HaHa......I just bet the triple crown races every year, don't mess with other horse racing.....but I do wager on football, that's my favorite sport.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:38 PM   #9
minethatbird08

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan

Not many women at the tracks unless you go to Keeneland, the Spa, or Derby/Oaks, downs after dark. Big events I guess or boutique meets. I agree though if you go on a regular day it's easy to question yourself as to why you're there.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #10
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nads1420

Silver Charm..Stevens visited him at Old Friends when he was in for the BG Stakes, and has already been designated as a Derby Day story.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #11
Grits

Quote:
Not many women at the tracks unless you go to Keeneland, the Spa, or Derby/Oaks, downs after dark. Big events I guess or boutique meets. I agree though if you go on a regular day it's easy to question yourself as to why you're there.
Gentlemen, yes, some of us do go to the tracks, and we'll drive 10 hours or more to get to one. Belmont, Saratoga, Aqueduct, Keeneland, Churchill, Pimlico, Monmouth, Gulfstream, Charles Town, Colonial Downs, Saratoga Harness; sometimes staying a weekend, other times staying a week/ten days, or, a month.

After dinner, we go back to our lodging spots, download past performances and start handicapping the next day's races. We're disciplined.

Hats? Been there, done plenty of that for a few years. Got bored.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #12
RoyalHeroine

Quote:
And Del Mar.

Think "Bored cougar housewives of Orange County" or whatever that silly program was/is.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:27 PM   #13
minethatbird08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Gentlemen, yes, some of us do go to the tracks, and we'll drive 10 hours or more to get to one. Belmont, Saratoga, Aqueduct, Keeneland, Churchill, Pimlico, Monmouth, Gulfstream, Charles Town, Colonial Downs, Saratoga Harness; sometimes staying a weekend, other times staying a week/ten days, or, a month.

After dinner, we go back to our lodging spots, download past performances and start handicapping the next day's races. We're disciplined.

Hats? Been there, done plenty of that for a few years. Got bored.
Sometimes I wish my wife was more into the handicapping.