Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:26 PM   #31
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
Well you need to watch these jocks at GP!!!!!...Many dont ride to the wire,Im not saying this because Im some kind of Idiot!!..
never watch GP. must be a GP issue
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2015, 03:21 AM   #32
Stillriledup
Veteran

Effinex, just beat a horse who has a Wikipedia page off an eased line. No slight improvement, no good better best, from eased to a relentless win vs a top horse.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2015, 03:27 AM   #33
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Effinex, just beat a horse who has a Wikipedia page off an eased line. No slight improvement, no good better best, from eased to a relentless win vs a top horse.
Maybe it's a new angle to follow? LOL
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2015, 08:54 PM   #34
thespaah

Quote:
I just saw a 10-1 shot eased at Santa Anita in a sprint race. The horse just "couldnt run at all" and walked across the line. This happens a lot that i'm noticing. Swissarella. She looked sharp on paper, maybe a smidge outclassed, but she had been racing well, she didn't figure to be eased here or lose by a billion lengths, yet, she couldn't run at all, sharp form she was running mid 60s beyers, and now her Beyer today might be 0 or close to it.

I know what you're saying about state bred races, some of those runners are barely "horses" and can't run a lick and normally run beyers in the teens and close to 0, but when "normal horses' who have lifetime earnings and lifetime wins and appear to be sharp on paper "just can't run" with no warning, i'm wondering if this has always been happening and i just never noticed it.
Ah Ha!.....Here's my theory.
Before we saw this ( $x paid to the balance of starters) in order for the rider to get more than their fee for the start, they had to finish 5th or better.
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...070415USA7.pdf
Click on the link.....Note the winnings for the placings greater than 5th.....
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2015, 04:59 PM   #35
Stillriledup
Veteran

[YT=""]oTynXfInK7A[/YT]
Old 08-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #36
Thomas Roulston

In this era of every horse getting a share of the purse at most tracks, listing a horse as "eased" is indolent and irresponsible, because at many such tracks the horse does not get a share of the purse of it physically doesn't cross the wire.

The logical alternative is to substitute a dash for the beaten lengths; i.e., if it was an 8-horse field, "8-" rather than "8-143" or whatever it actually was; this will also differentiate the order of finish as between two or more horses who were "eased" in the same race.

Last edited by Thomas Roulston; 08-22-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #37
Stillriledup
Veteran

Big Family in 9th at Spa.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:50 PM   #38
cnollfan

Quote:
Big Family in 9th at Spa.

When a 3 year old allowance horse is eased, comes back in 5 days with a bullet workout and 6 days after that in a race, chances are very good there is nothing wrong with the horse.
cnollfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #39
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnollfan
When a 3 year old allowance horse is eased, comes back in 5 days with a bullet workout and 6 days after that in a race, chances are very good there is nothing wrong with the horse.
Or, there is something wrong with the horse and the connections are clowns.

They got the money today, but if this will hurt this horse going forward that's something we will find out.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #40
Stillriledup
Veteran

Skipalute at 1-1

Gets it done.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:54 PM   #41
andtheyreoff

Quote:
Skipalute at 1-1

Gets it done.
The "eased" line occurred seven months ago. She was graded-stakes placed twice, and had a good worktab coming into this maiden race. If anything, $4.20 was an overlay on her.

What's your preferred alternative? That horses who are eased once never win again?
Old 09-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #42
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtheyreoff
The "eased" line occurred seven months ago. She was graded-stakes placed twice, and had a good worktab coming into this maiden race. If anything, $4.20 was an overlay on her.

What's your preferred alternative? That horses who are eased once never win again?
My point is that they should need to show 'good better best' in other words show that you could actually finish a race And THEN, show some more improvement again to win. Not finishing to winning looks bad, it looks like the guy eased the horse for no good reason and since the horse won back, it looks like there was really nothing wrong with the horse in the first place.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:44 PM   #43
andtheyreoff

Quote:
My point is that they should need to show 'good better best' in other words show that you could actually finish a race And THEN, show some more improvement again to win. Not finishing to winning looks bad, it looks like the guy eased the horse for no good reason and since the horse won back, it looks like there was really nothing wrong with the horse in the first place.
The fact that the horse didn't run for seven months is an indication that something was, in fact, wrong. It's not like she was gone for a month. Obviously, she recovered from her issues, and beat a field that she towered over.

I really can't believe how dense you are sometimes. It defies explanation.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:50 PM   #44
v j stauffer

Quote:
The fact that the horse didn't run for seven months is an indication that something was, in fact, wrong. It's not like she was gone for a month. Obviously, she recovered from her issues, and beat a field that she towered over.

She figured to get the exact lousy trip she got and still managed to overcome it.

Very nice filly.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:16 AM   #45
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:

It's not a thread about one specific horse, it's a thread about the amazing win percentage of horses who were eased, eased to a win next time out happens a lot. Does it happen more than it should? That's what the thread is about.