Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-28-2015, 01:29 PM   #16
f2tornado

Final time of 1:58.35. Not sure how that surface compares to CD but if on par then might be a second or two too slow if you figure at least another six seconds for another 1/16th.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2015, 02:01 PM   #17
lamboguy

CHROME ran as big a race as you can run and still lost. after watching the race replay 15 times already, i couldn't figure out a different way for him to go. the 3 horse kept him wide and he must have blown about 10 lengths running wide around those 2 turns.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2015, 02:17 PM   #18
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado
Final time of 1:58.35. Not sure how that surface compares to CD but if on par then might be a second or two too slow if you figure at least another six seconds for another 1/16th.

Yes, I believe his final 1/8 fractions were a bit slow. I just dont like those horses from over there, i dobt know how to cap them for the KD.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2015, 05:16 PM   #19
Bennie

I read somewhere yesterday that the track has been playing to early runners but was also tiring. Not sure how this will play out as far as pace figures , beyers or other race ratings.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2015, 05:31 PM   #20
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
Yes, I believe his final 1/8 fractions were a bit slow. I just dont like those horses from over there, i dobt know how to cap them for the KD.
When you see a "push button" dirt runner from over there,
who runs good fractions with ease, and beats reasonable
horses for fun, then they may have a live one.

We haven't seen that type of 3yo in the UAE Derby up to now,
and I doubt that we did today.

Some day they might have one.
Chances are, it will be from Godolphin, or Coolmore.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2015, 06:01 PM   #21
Some_One

Quote:
UAE Derby 6f leaders split 74.31 - finish 118.353
DWC 6f leaders split 72.77 - finish 123.241

The big variable is the sun, the UAE Derby was run under it, the DWC wasn't. In both races the early pace seemed similarity frantic so it's a tough call.
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2015, 09:34 PM   #22
ten2oneormore

Big day for Dubawi as a sire taking UAE Derby and Dubai World Cup.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:28 PM   #23
nearco

Quote:
Races in Dubai, like pretty much everywhere outside of North America, are timed from a standing start, i.e no run-up. So take a couple of seconds off that.
nearco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2015, 11:49 PM   #24
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearco
Races in Dubai, like pretty much everywhere outside of North America, are timed from a standing start, i.e no run-up. So take a couple of seconds off that.
Good point. Perhaps a wash as I failed to do some metric conversion. The race was 1900 meters which is 1.1800 miles. A 1 3/8 mile race is 1.1875 miles in decimal notation. That 0.0075 mile difference might seem negligible but it is almost 40 feet shorter than a true 1 3/8 mile race. That's five lengths or roughly a second needed to be tacked on the final time for a true comparison to a 1 3/16 mile race. At this point I'm not using the horse anyway. It got bet down to 8-1 in the Future Wager and there is no handicapping angle to go on other than it was a pretty finish. Will likely get better odds Derby day should I be inclined to utilize then.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2015, 01:06 PM   #25
nads1420
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
well said, thats the biggest problem either you toss them and let them stick it to ya or you use them and let them stick it to ya. very hard to determine how good they really are.
nads1420 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply