Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
taxicab

Once a cheater.....

always a cheater.

http://www.drf.com/news/rodriguez-ge...mine-positives
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

And what a punishment - his brother runs the stable.
We will continue to have cheaters operating until they start wanting to stop it.

I wonder if he gets his needles on an employee discount?
Old 02-28-2015, 05:13 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
And what a punishment - his brother runs the stable.
We will continue to have cheaters operating until they start wanting to stop it.

I wonder if he gets his needles on an employee discount?
He can head to South Beach with his swim trunks, sip pina coladas while training from the cellphone. No risk of losing clients or cash as there's no penalties in place for owners who patronize "rules breakers".
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #4
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab

Ban giving horses to family members

Punish owners in some way.

I know, I know, the owners have no idea of what the trainers do and if they are up to nefarious things.......yeah, right. I think honest owners are more than happy to roll dice in any way if it means that owners that use juicers get punished when trainers are caught.

Between the stewards making DQ decisions and those enforcing these violations, I am just dumbfounded sometimes at what is done in this game most times.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 05:22 PM   #5
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

I think Indiana bans this practice.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 05:26 PM   #6
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relwob Owner
Ban giving horses to family members

Punish owners in some way.

I know, I know, the owners have no idea of what the trainers do and if they are up to nefarious things.......yeah, right. I think honest owners are more than happy to roll dice in any way if it means that owners that use juicers get punished when trainers are caught.

Between the stewards making DQ decisions and those enforcing these violations, I am just dumbfounded sometimes at what is done in this game most times.
You know what? I agree to punish the owner in some way.

In any one individual specific case, in advance, they can say they don't know. BUT, once these incidents pile up, there's a past performance record of owners who become "usual suspects" who always seem to patronize trainers who come out of nowhere to win 35%.

Its ok to say you don't know, but once you become a usual suspect and the trainer you patronize keeps breaking rules, you can't claim ignorance.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:05 PM   #7
chadk66

how ironic is it that this penalty is less than the prior with the same number of overages. I think they got it backwards.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 07:20 PM   #8
luisbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
how ironic is it that this penalty is less than the prior with the same number of overages. I think they got it backwards.
They make you better price for quantity
luisbe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 08:16 PM   #9
Relwob Owner

Quote:

Ironic and just plain sad.....backwards seems to be the norm. Just amazing
Old 02-28-2015, 08:33 PM   #10
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Ironic and just plain sad.....backwards seems to be the norm. Just amazing
Maybe they have decided that kicking people out of racing won't increase betting handle enough to offset the financial costs of all the lawsuits.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:55 PM   #11
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Maybe they have decided that kicking people out of racing won't increase betting handle enough to offset the financial costs of all the lawsuits.
Interesting thought about the potential lawsuits impacting things. It would be sad to think that the tracks have so little power but I guess it could be the reality.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:30 PM   #12
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Interesting thought about the potential lawsuits impacting things. It would be sad to think that the tracks have so little power but I guess it could be the reality.
They weight out all the financials and kicking guys out doesn't make financial sense as we bettors don't seem to stop betting if AC Avila only gets 60 days. In fact, we poured cash into the Masochistic race today, we bet with both fists and didn't abstain because a shady character had a horse in the race.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:49 AM   #13
Ruffian1

I guess I have been gone too long when I read that Banamine is a therapeutic drug.
It sure was NOT when I was around. Not in Md.
It was given for horses that tied up or were in immediate need of pain relief from severe acute pain not normal aches and pains and running within 5 days was not an option. You were not worried about running, you were worried about helping your horse immediately. Unreal.
Ruffian1 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2015, 08:49 AM   #14
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian1
I guess I have been gone too long when I read that Banamine is a therapeutic drug.
It sure was NOT when I was around. Not in Md.
It was given for horses that tied up or were in immediate need of pain relief from severe acute pain not normal aches and pains and running within 5 days was not an option. You were not worried about running, you were worried about helping your horse immediately. Unreal.
that's exactly what I was thinking. And I didn't even remember it was an NSAID. I'd have to question that, don't believe it is. It's a pain killer not an anti-inflamatory as far as I know.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #15
Ruffian1

Quote:
that's exactly what I was thinking. And I didn't even remember it was an NSAID. I'd have to question that, don't believe it is. It's a pain killer not an anti-inflamatory as far as I know.
As you know, it can work in well under an hour instead of a shot of bute.

For severe pain, both would be given. Banamine for the immediate relief and bute for the longer term relief.
Damn Chad, WTF has happened? The more I read , the more I feel lucky that I made the decision I made. Unless you are training elite horses, the game is all over the place it seems.
Maybe it's just me. I don't know.
Ruffian1 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply