Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
so.cal.fan

DRFBets

I often use my Xpressbet account
If that switches to TVG....I'm not interested unless their policy of charging extra fees has discontinued.
Does anyone know?
I use my account for Santa Anita and Del Mar only.
I usually bet one horse to win, but occasionally bet a few exact a combinations..
Anyone know about DRFBETS in case I have to switch?
so.cal.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 12:59 PM   #2
ultracapper

I have a DRFBets account and am not happy with the "ease of use" at all. IMHO, TVG is mush easier to navigate, and easier still to bet with. I keep money in there to buy forms. That's it. Very seldom make a bet from there.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 01:01 PM   #3
ultracapper

Coincidentally, I play the exact same way you do, so your experience would be similar. I don't know how anybody could be more satisfied with DRFBets as a betting platform than almost any other ADW. Worst I've used.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:03 PM   #4
so.cal.fan

Thanks.....all I need to know.
If I have to I will have a small account with TVG...but no multiple bets .
Large bets......I live less than 3 miles to Santa Anita and I know the way to Del Mar.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:10 PM   #5
so.cal.fan

It's not a good idea to have large accounts with these online wagering sites.
Good way to get audited by the government.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:16 PM   #6
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

I use DRF Bets quite a bit these days. To me it was very simple to use and quite intuitive. It is for me about the best I've used. I would say to decide for yourself what works best for you.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 01:19 PM   #7
ultracapper

I really hate the way you must confirm your bet. I feel like it's just excessive, and if I'm racing to beat the gun, I start fumbling around sometimes. You're right though, to each his own.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:31 PM   #8
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
I really hate the way you must confirm your bet. I feel like it's just excessive, and if I'm racing to beat the gun, I start fumbling around sometimes. You're right though, to each his own.
I don't mind it at all. Gives you a chance to make sure you did it right. The PIN number saves on my browser so I only need to put it in the first time.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #9
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by so.cal.fan
If that switches to TVG....I'm not interested unless their policy of charging extra fees has discontinued.
Does anyone know?
I usually bet one horse to win, but occasionally bet a few exact a combinations..
I have had TVG for some time. I'm uncertain what you are referring towards extra fees. If it's the $0.25 per bet, they discontinued it some time ago but, even then they would refund the fees collected if you wagered a certain amount for the month.

I'm not associated with them other than as a bettor.

On major race days, I've never had a problem getting a bet in close to post time. Their race track offerings are expanding all the time even HK and I think they still offer Australia and New Zealand (I may be wrong about this since I haven't paid attention in a while). And, I like their video except it could be improved as Robert Goren had suggested in another thread.

I've also called them several times with general questions and received prompt service and, there are a number of features offered which I haven't taken advantage.

I think you're also able to read about their method of operations, deposits and cashing out on their website before you make a decision.

But, again I have no other ADW experience.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 05:50 PM   #10
dirty moose

Why limit yourself to one ADW? Try them all and see what works best.
dirty moose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by so.cal.fan
Does anyone know?
As noted, the fees are long gone, been a year at least.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 06:58 PM   #12
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty moose
Why limit yourself to one ADW? Try them all and see what works best.
I understand what you're saying but, I'm satisfied with TVG. I realize other ADW's could have a number of good features which I'll probably not use.

I've had no problems getting my bets in so far, and why (where's the value to me) should I spread my funds around to several sites?

Which ones and what do you like about them?
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #13
dirty moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
I understand what you're saying but, I'm satisfied with TVG. I realize other ADW's could have a number of good features which I'll probably not use.

I've had no problems getting my bets in so far, and why (where's the value to me) should I spread my funds around to several sites?

Which ones and what do you like about them?
Sorry, my comment was more directed toward the OP.

But to answer your question; since I'm in NY and really don't get much in the way of rebates anymore, for me I like ease of betting. I like a good wager pad or bet builder. AmWager, in my opinion has the best one. Followed closely by Xpressbet.

If you're in a state where you can get rebates, I would just play at the site that gives the best rebates.

I've also opened accounts for a bonus. Deposit options are always nice to have. Have never tried DRFbets.

Moose
dirty moose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2015, 03:33 PM   #14
cnollfan

The ADWs seem to always be changing which tracks they accept and which states they accept residency from. I believe in having as many ADWs as allowed for maximum backup in case a track or my state falls out of favor with one.

When I had DRF Bets I liked being able to design a bet on Ticketmaker and then click "bet now" instead of having to re-input the legs.
cnollfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: