Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:28 PM   #1
biggestal99

bc at keeneland ticket prices

2 days general admission 100

2 days seats 425

Guess it will keep the riff raff out

Wonder when they are going on sale to the public
-
Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2015, 07:00 PM   #2
BIG49010

Not really a bad seat in the whole place, I wonder if they will add bleachers, like they did at Arlington?
Old 02-23-2015, 07:12 PM   #3
joeslovo

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99

2 days seats 425

-
Allan
I've spent over 35 years as a caregiver in critical care medicine;so I feel very much as one with the riff raff.Hopefully it does not exclude me from Keeneland.
I can afford the $425 for the 2 days with seats...if you don't mind;where did you get this info from? I signed up for their BC tickets info;but no prices yet.
joeslovo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #4
lamboguy

i am supposed to be in some tent there, i think i am going to skip it and just go to the Little Brown Jug. that's a pretty good 2 day event as well.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2015, 12:04 AM   #5
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i am supposed to be in some tent there, i think i am going to skip it and just go to the Little Brown Jug. that's a pretty good 2 day event as well.
What continues to amaze me is that the Jug is contested on a Thursday, yet the place still gets 50k people in the track. Shows the loyalty of the Ohio fan of horses to Harness racing ......Imagine if the Jug were contested on a weekend! Wow...The addition of visitors to the area could in theory( limitations of plant capacity noted) double the attendance
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2015, 12:05 AM   #6
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
$425 for two days seating is a bit stiff, bit not bad.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #7
tanner12oz

I love keeneland but I think that BC might be a little too much. I'm avoiding and enjoying the gorgous shots from the comfort of my living room
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2015, 04:44 PM   #8
theiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
What continues to amaze me is that the Jug is contested on a Thursday, yet the place still gets 50k people in the track. Shows the loyalty of the Ohio fan of horses to Harness racing ......Imagine if the Jug were contested on a weekend! Wow...The addition of visitors to the area could in theory( limitations of plant capacity noted) double the attendance
If the Jug were held on a Saturday an Ohio State played at home what would that area be like?
theiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #9
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiman
If the Jug were held on a Saturday an Ohio State played at home what would that area be like?
Two completely different crowds.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:52 PM   #10
elhelmete

Quote:

2 days seats 425

-
Allan
I'm surprised they don't have multiple pricing levels for seating.
elhelmete is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2015, 12:50 AM   #11
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete
I'm surprised they don't have multiple pricing levels for seating.
They do.

Got the e-mail today. If you want to sit in The Loge boxed seats it is $5400 for 6 for the 2 days.

They also have the Saddling Paddock Chalet at $1,225 per person.

There are others for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level seating as well as just General Admission and spots for The Hill and Meadow per car, plus some other interesting options such as the '84 Club.

I'm sure there are others and depends upon seats you have purchased in the past. I'm sure there are seats that will get into the $5K to $10K or more range.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2015, 04:51 AM   #12
joeslovo

Jesus bless us! I'd expect a share in Coolmore for those prices.
Think I'll arrange a trip to Italy instead;take in Milan and Rome.
joeslovo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2015, 11:21 AM   #13
biggestal99

Quote:

2 days seats 425

-
Allan
March 4th public sale

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2015, 01:51 PM   #14
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
They do.

Got the e-mail today. If you want to sit in The Loge boxed seats it is $5400 for 6 for the 2 days.

They also have the Saddling Paddock Chalet at $1,225 per person.

There are others for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level seating as well as just General Admission and spots for The Hill and Meadow per car, plus some other interesting options such as the '84 Club.
Are you sure that 84 Club isn't 64 Club? As in a grandstand tent, somewhere along I-64 E or W, heading in or out of Lexington? The time I've spent at Keeneland over the years? The Hill? The Meadow? The Paddock Chalet? No, to each.

Just as soon be sitting across the street on the tarmac at Blue Grass Airport. Sporting RayBans to keep the sun out of my eyes, watching and betting on my phone. I'd have as much luck seeing a live horse.

I'm sorry, gentlemen, its the truth.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2015, 02:07 PM   #15
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Are you sure that 84 Club isn't 64 Club? As in a grandstand tent, somewhere along I-64 E or W, heading in or out of Lexington? The time I've spent at Keeneland over the years? The Hill? The Meadow? The Paddock Chalet? No, to each.

Just as soon be sitting across the street on the tarmac at Blue Grass Airport. Sporting RayBans to keep the sun out of my eyes, watching and betting on my phone. I'd have as much luck seeing a live horse.

I'm sorry, gentlemen, its the truth.
Definitely says 84 Club. It is an enclosed lounge with glass windows sitting on the club house turn with at the rail view outside of the place. First come first serve seating for a section in and of itself with private tellers and tote machines. $550 per person for the 2 days.

Only been to Keeneland twice, so I definitely don't know the lay of the land. These sound interesting to me as we'll be one of the first at the track like we have been the last 5 years. Just need to make sure of the view and make sure it is on the first turn and not the turn coming into the stretch. I'd prefer to not be on the ground level.

Agree with you on the others. Not paying $1200 to sit in the freaking paddock. The Hill options are great if I was in college.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply