Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
sbcaris

Buckpasser in the X

Interestingly Haskin's Derby Dozen consists of 5 horses that carry Buckpasser in the X passing position:

Upstart's broodmare sire is Touch Gold and Touch Gold's maternal grandsire is Buckpasser.

Far From Over's broodmare sire is AP Indy. AP Indy's second damsire is Buckpasser.

Lord Nelson's broodmare sire is Seeking the Gold. Seeking the Gold is a maternal grandson of Buckpasser.

Ocean Knight's broodmare sire is Stormy Atlantic. Stormy Atlantic's second damsire is Coastal who has Buckpasser as his maternal grandsire.

Ocho Ocho Ocho's third damsire is Private Account and Private Account is a maternal grandson of Buckpasser.

Keep an eye on each of the above 5 colts. Horses with Buckpasser in the X have won 4 of the last 6 Triple Crown Events: Orb won the roses in 2013, California Chrome won the Derby and Preakness last year and Tonalist won the Belmont. Orb, Chrome and Tonalist all carry Buckpasser in the X.

If you are interested in the above angle and would like to read an article about it contact me at sbcaris@comcast.net
sbcaris is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #2
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

My understanding of the x factor gene is that it only passes from male to female (never male to male), and from female to male, and MIGHT pass from female to female, but is less likely because a female always possesses a normal gene which could be dominant over the x factor gene, so the chances of passing from female to female is only about 50% (as I understand it anyway). So, some of these 5 horses may not have the x Factor gene, due to it having to pass from female to female, at some point in their dam's pedigree.

If you have found proof that the x factor always passes from female to female, I would be interested in seeing your source for that information.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
sbcaris

x factor

Raybo: I believe that the X chromosome carries superlative genes and the 5 horses that I mentioned above received some of these superlative genes from their dam. I NEVER mentioned the X factor in my above analysis at all. I simply stated that 5 horses in Haskin's Feb 10th Derby Dozen have Buckpasser in the X passing position.

I have found that having Buckpasser in the X passing position is a definite positive indicator for the Derby, Preakness and Belmont stakes.

It is true that males can never transmit their X chromosome to their sons. The pattern of transmission of the X chromosome to any male horse always proceeds from the dam to her son. A sire always transmits his X chromosome to all of his daughters.

If you would like to read my article about Buckpasser in the X passing position as it relates to handicapping the Kentucky Derby contact me at sbcaris@comcast.net
Old 02-16-2015, 04:07 PM   #4
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcaris
Raybo: I believe that the X chromosome carries superlative genes and the 5 horses that I mentioned above received some of these superlative genes from their dam. I NEVER mentioned the X factor in my above analysis at all. I simply stated that 5 horses in Haskin's Feb 10th Derby Dozen have Buckpasser in the X passing position.

I have found that having Buckpasser in the X passing position is a definite positive indicator for the Derby, Preakness and Belmont stakes.

It is true that males can never transmit their X chromosome to their sons. The pattern of transmission of the X chromosome to any male horse always proceeds from the dam to her son. A sire always transmits his X chromosome to all of his daughters.

If you would like to read my article about Buckpasser in the X passing position as it relates to handicapping the Kentucky Derby contact me at sbcaris@comcast.net
I am quite familiar with the "x factor" and I assumed that your "x passing position" was referring to the x factor gene, if that is not true please accept my apology. If you are indeed referring to the "x factor gene" and the possibility of the 5 horses you mentioned possessing that gene then, looking back at the 5 horses' pedigrees, some of those 5 horses might not actually possess the x factor (large heart gene) because it would require the gene being passed from mother to daughter, which is not guaranteed (only father to daughter, and mother to son, is said to be guaranteed, but even then it might not be expressed in the offspring, in their heart size, or in their actual racing performances).

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2015, 04:58 PM   #5
sbcaris

genes on the X

Raybo: I NEVER referred to the X factor gene at all. I am a staunch believer in the importance of the X chromosome for broodmare sire success. Broodmare sires transmit their X chromosome to all their daughters and none of their sons. It is this fundamental pattern of heredity that goes a long way in making a broodmare sire successful. Buckpasser was one of the greatest broodmare sires in the last 25 years. He was the leading broodmare sire in North America four times. He has a tremendous influence by way of his daughters all of which received approximately 100% of his X chromosome (a small percentage of the genes on the X cross over to the Y chromosome and visa versa).
Old 02-16-2015, 09:21 PM   #6
turninforhome10

I have put together a list of all the 3yos nominated by the X factor.
This is the true x trail, that has to have said male in a position directly through the x trail.
Buckpasser- Itsaknockout
Blue Larkspur-Bayerd,The Great War
Mahmoud- Miami Mood, Cinco Charlie
Princequillo-Far Right, Tiznow RJ
Key to the Mint-JS Bach

From Blue Hen Mares-OCHO OCHO OCHO, War Dispatch, Mr Z, Upstart, March,Mischief Clem,Stanford, Vici.

Last edited by turninforhome10; 02-16-2015 at 09:32 PM.
turninforhome10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2015, 09:37 PM   #7
turninforhome10

Quote:
Raybo: I NEVER referred to the X factor gene at all. I am a staunch believer in the importance of the X chromosome for broodmare sire success. Broodmare sires transmit their X chromosome to all their daughters and none of their sons. It is this fundamental pattern of heredity that goes a long way in making a broodmare sire successful. Buckpasser was one of the greatest broodmare sires in the last 25 years. He was the leading broodmare sire in North America four times. He has a tremendous influence by way of his daughters all of which received approximately 100% of his X chromosome (a small percentage of the genes on the X cross over to the Y chromosome and visa versa).
Look at Buckpasser's dam, By War Admiral out of Blue Larkspur x La Troienne. That is the key to his success, not to mention he was the perfect made thoroughbred.
Here is link to my features from 2012 about x factor and my old research http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=91344
Old 02-16-2015, 11:28 PM   #8
sbcaris

X chromosome as a wagering tool

Turninforholme: You said, "Look at Buckpasser's dam by War Admiral out of Blue Larkspur by La Troienne. That is the reason for his success.

You are correct in saying that Buckpasser's dam and maternal grandsire War Admiral and the presence of Blue Larkspur etc. are the reasons for his success. However, I am only interested in using his presence in the X passing position to select winners of the Ky Derby, Preakness and Belmont Stakes. His presence in the X passing position on the dam side of the pedigree is a powerful factor for selecting winners and in the money finishers of the above three races.

I have developed an indicator using Buckpasser in the X which has a very high impact value and also a high ROI in all three legs of the Triple Crown.

Anyone interested in reading my article about Buckpasser in the X as a Ky Derby indicator can email me at sbcaris@comcast.net. I will email it to you for free.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:49 AM   #9
turninforhome10

Sbcaris, how can you not be doing cartwheels over Itsaknockout, Win loose or draw this horse, god willing and the creek don't rise, we will be talking about in about 7 to 12 years from now just like Buckpasser. Wow http://www.pedigreequery.com/itsaknockout

Closed X-trail double copy stallion prospect. Get your share now.
Trivia----- Where is the pedigree a product of Greentree? My favorite breeder.

Last edited by turninforhome10; 02-17-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:08 AM   #10
sbcaris

cartwheels are a bit of a stretch

Turninforholme:

Its hard to do cartwheels over a horse who has a broodmare sire with an average win distance of 6.8 Furlongs. Most Kentucky Derby winners have a broodmare sire with an average winning distance over 7.3 furlongs.

Itsaknockout will be tested for class this Saturday in the FOY stakes at GP.

He does carry the outstanding broodmare sire Deputy Minister as his second damsire and Buckpasser as his fourth damsire and those two could give him some needed stamina. Only time will tell.

Interestingly, 8 of the top 20 mentioned horses in Haskins Derby Dozen column carry Buckpasser in the X passing position.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:18 AM   #11
turninforhome10

Saturday is the payoff:[YT=""]wqwYnVOQfrY[/YT]

Last edited by turninforhome10; 02-17-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:28 AM   #12
turninforhome10

Are we willing to throw down in this very thread for ULTIMATE PEDIGREE HANDICAPPING Champion for the 3yo's of 2015. Lets get everybody to say hell yeah. I got 50 says PA needs to get this a dome.....
Old 02-17-2015, 11:39 AM   #13
sbcaris

trivial question

Who was the only horse carrying Buckpasser in the X passing position to finish in the money in the Ky Derby who did NOT run the final 3 furlongs of a nine furlong prep race in 37 4/5 or less????
Old 02-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #14
turninforhome10

Quote:
Who was the only horse carrying Buckpasser in the X passing position to finish in the money in the Ky Derby who did NOT run the final 3 furlongs of a nine furlong prep race in 37 4/5 or less????
Can I find it in something you might have written. If so, I will e-mail you.
I asked you first BTW.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:34 PM   #15
sbcaris

only one to finish in the money

Turninforholme: No, I never wrote anything about it because it happened this year. Commanding Curve was the second place finisher this year and he did not run a fast final 3 furlongs of a 9 furlong prep. He carried Buckpasser by way of Lion Hearted, his broodmare sire.

It is significant because a major part of my Buckpasser angle is as follows: In addition to carrying Buckpasser in the X passing position a runner must also achieve the final 3 furlongs of a 9 furlong prep in 37 4/5 or less. That combination is a very sharp tool for the Ky Derby.

There were 6 Ky Derby winners, 8 place finishers and 1 third place finisher in the last 19 years when at least one runner qualified in the run for the roses on the above criteria (Buck in the X plus fast final 3 furlongs). This translates into a winning impact value over 3.00 and an ROI over 100%.

4 of the last 6 Triple Crown events were won by such horses qualifying on the above criteria: Orb the Derby winner in 2013, California Chrome the winner of the Derby and Preakness in 2014 and Tonalist the Belmont winner all qualified with Buck in the X plus fast final fractions.

Someone on another forum critiqued the above method and said that the main reason for the success of the above is the fast final fraction. Thats debatable because with Buckpasser the impact value is over 3.00. If you just analyze those runners with fast final fractions alone the impact value is significantly less at around 2.00.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: