Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:52 AM   #16
burnsy
self medicated

Rex makes some good points. But you can't really tell people how to race their horses. In the interview with Cusano on the OTB channel you could tell he didn't really like the idea of going there. The owner is the boss though. You can't do anything about him being a short price either. American horses are notoriously over bet any way. I have had big days at Dubai by throwing out American horses at short prices......on the grass its usually a no brainer, horses with no shot take a ton. Even on the dirt and synth I think "fan" money makes the prices short because others (countries) send real monsters out there. We like to believe we have the best and at times on the dirt we do but the bettors seem to think its a cake walk over there and you can play that to your advantage. Just hope he runs well and comes out ok, of course someone like me will be looking elsewhere any way. I just hope for the best and try to make a good bet. I think its not a great move........but its not up to me or any of the other criticizers. At least he's still racing and that's the positive thing this year. These horses are sticking around and running.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #17
classhandicapper

If I owned these horses I would be more inclined to send Shared Belief to Dubai because he'd be a legitimate solid favorite in a 10m race.

If I owned California Chrome, I'd probably go to Dubai or do the opposite of whatever Shared Belief did. Of course, I'd hope SB didn't go to Dubai because I'd love to run for 10m over and not be against him. Even a 2nd or 3rd over there is huge.

As far as CC goes, I'm not sure he answered any questions definitively Saturday (at least for me).

He ran well, but I don't think he ran his peak race. That could have been because he was a hair short given the major goal is Dubai or it could have been because he hasn't really developed all that much from last year and this is what we should expect.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 02-09-2015 at 12:00 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #18
horses4courses

Dubai WC

Chrome is currently 8-1 with plenty of books in the UK.
That's a nice price, and you can back it up with a show bet at 8-5.
I could be firing up the PayPal a/c

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-rac...rld-cup/winner
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2015, 12:09 PM   #19
olddaddy

The more american horses that go out there, the more value.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #20
Cratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
If I owned these horses I would be more inclined to send Shared Belief to Dubai because he'd be a legitimate solid favorite in a 10m race.

If I owned California Chrome, I'd probably go to Dubai or do the opposite of whatever Shared Belief did. Of course, I'd hope SB didn't go to Dubai because I'd love to run for 10m over and not be against him. Even a 2nd or 3rd over there is huge.

As far as CC goes, I'm not sure he answered any questions definitively Saturday (at least for me).

He ran well, but I don't think he ran his peak race. That could have been because he was a hair short given the major goal is Dubai or it could have been because he hasn't really developed all that much from last year and this is what we should expect.
I believe you made a typo and inserted "10m" in your post for the Dubai race distance; it should have been 2000m which is about 1-1/4 miles.

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #21
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy
The more american horses that go out there, the more value.
Maybe if the race was on synthetic.

Wilko and Brass Hat hit the board in the 2006 Dubai World Cup. Just how good does a horse have to be to run well in the dirt World Cup?

The recent method of throwing out the Americans is not going to work here.

[YT="A3klkRwRtIw"]A3klkRwRtIw[/YT]
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #22
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos
I believe you made a typo and inserted "10m" in your post for the Dubai race distance; it should have been 2000m which is about 1-1/4 miles.
I believe 10m means ten million (the purse of the DWC)
Old 02-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #23
burnsy
self medicated

LOL...The more the merrier Old Daddy. Before it went synth, I used to crush that day with regularity. De Kock, O'brien and Goldophin. Its like printing money some years the way the Americans bet. With the real dirt sometimes even the "wrong" American horse would take too much money too. I'm glad its being switched back. Not gonna lie, I suck at synth tracks. But before that I gave out all my plays on here and they were pretty good.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #24
Cratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
I believe 10m means ten million (the purse of the DWC)
That might be correct, but symbolically 10m is 10meters and ten million in dollars are expressed as $10m.

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last edited by Cratos; 02-09-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2015, 02:27 PM   #25
whodoyoulike
Veteran

This is disappointing to me. But, I'm not criticizing the connections moves. It does provide a little more info on Espinoza's ride in the stretch.

I was thinking possible up coming matches with SB, CC, Bayern, Hop, a couple of others and maybe 1 or 2 top females (at least a field of 9) in the same races would help revive racing as we knew it.

GP (maybe should point for the last Saturday in April) and Sar (in the summer) should still attempt to make these match ups happen before BC races.

I forget, what happened to Bayern?

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 02-09-2015 at 02:30 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #26
JohnGalt1

How many horses, other than Cigar, that after returning from Dubai came back who didn't need a few races to get back to being in top form?
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #27
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos
I meant 10 million. I was too lazy to type it out and assumed everyone would know I wasn't referring to distance given the context.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #28
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Chrome is currently 8-1 with plenty of books in the UK.
That's a nice price, and you can back it up with a show bet at 8-5.
I could be firing up the PayPal a/c

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-rac...rld-cup/winner
10-1 now.

Toast of new york getting some play at 6-1

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2015, 04:41 PM   #29
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost king
Of course he will be the favourite, there is no betting allowed in Dubai. The North American money will drive the odds in the pools. As of right now Chrome is the biggest bet against in the race. He will be no value, with suspect form. Will you bet a horse, that has not won a dirt race since May, has a trainer not happy with the idea of flying to the desert. Would you take 2-1 or less on this horse?
Chrome is one of the top three betting choices in every European shop.
Those are the lines I was talking about.
Bayern is one of the others,and I'm starting to wonder if he's going to make the race.
And who cares who I'm betting on.....
If you're the owner of a Champion, and your horse is either going to be the first/second choice in a 10 million dollar race you run your horse.
If you don't care for the horse that's all good and well.
But the sharps that make these lines don't miss a thing.
You miss plenty.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #30
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney
I don't care if he is 1/9, that just means there are a bunch of people throwing their money away.

By the time this race goes off it will be 10 months since this horse won a race on dirt. Did his run Saturday make you think he wants more distance??? He was short in a 9 furlong race with no pace to it.

Did you see how it ended in Pennsylvania? The last time his owners decided to chase a big paycheck (and everyone with half a brain knew you don't bring a horse back from a layoff in that spot)? This horses career is going to end like Mine that Bird, with dingbat owners thinking his next derby score is just a race away.

The same partner that was holding out for a ransom check from Del Mar (publicly) is the one who has decided to send him to Dubai. This isn't even a decision they should be making until the horse gets a work in after his previous race. Their trainer knows it, but the probably quit listening to him long ago.
CC was a short horse Saturday. Until he runs every four weeks he will continue to be a short horse. I think they should run CC in the Big Cap as a prep for Dubai. If not, then we have another 7 week break til his race in Dubai. That is too long. He will lose over there without another race under his belt. CC ran so well for so long with very little time between races.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply