Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 01-03-2015, 12:21 PM   #1
Paulo

Black Magic Software

I know there have been posts in the past about this software but I am interested in purchasing this software. Any updated pros/cons of this software would be much appreciated.
Paulo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
Secondbest

I believe Pizzola is working on a new program to replace black magic.You can check by going to postime daily then go to blogs.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 04:52 PM   #3
Flysofree
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
I believe Pizzola is working on a new program to replace black magic.You can check by going to postime daily then go to blogs.

Will it need Post Time daily programs to run the software?
Flysofree is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #4
mabred

sure will !!!
mabred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 06:24 PM   #5
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

This was the 1st look at the new value capper software in this video.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2015, 11:30 AM   #6
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Having watched several of Michael's "rant" videos this year, I have much respect for him, and his software. The problem is the costs involved. You'd have to have some very good years to come out ahead, betting lots of races and/or large bets. Not my cup of tea!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #7
Secondbest

Last year I wrote Michael and told him I was interested in BM. I told him that I was a small bettor and what I usually bet.He wrote - emails- back and told me not to buy the program because it's not designed for small players.Its expensive and its not built for tons of winners but more for longer priced horses which are are fewer so you have to bet more with less winners but when you win you win.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:13 PM   #8
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Last year I wrote Michael and told him I was interested in BM. I told him that I was a small bettor and what I usually bet.He wrote - emails- back and told me not to buy the program because it's not designed for small players.Its expensive and its not built for tons of winners but more for longer priced horses which are are fewer so you have to bet more with less winners but when you win you win.
Yeah, that's my understanding, from watching his videos. He passes "lots" of races. But, I have little doubt that when he bets a good "value" horse, he bets big. Michael is all about value, and has been for a very long time.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #9
Secondbest

When I got his long email telling me not to buy his program because it wasn't for me I was surprised.I have a ton of respect for Michael for that.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #10
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
When I got his long email telling me not to buy his program because it wasn't for me I was surprised.I have a ton of respect for Michael for that.
Thanks for posting his response to you. To me, it indicates he just may also have some integrity. I hope he treats all of his contacts the same way. I've never tried his products but, I might have heard or read some good things about them somewhere. I can't remember maybe it was a youtube video.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2015, 06:29 PM   #11
green80

Quote:
I would take issue with that. IF the software will produce enough winners to make you profitable, you should change from a small bettor to a bigger bettor over time. As your bankroll increases so should your wagers.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2015, 07:05 PM   #12
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
I would take issue with that. IF the software will produce enough winners to make you profitable, you should change from a small bettor to a bigger bettor over time. As your bankroll increases so should your wagers.
It's just a tool, not a black box, so the user defines the value not the software, and at $1200 or so, that is a rather large investment just to find out if it will make you a better player.

Moving from low bets to larger ones is not that easy, for many/most players. Their decision making abilities are less consistent due to the anxiety/fear of risking larger amounts.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:46 PM   #13
Thor

I have been in search of a handicapping program that will aid me in identifying races where there is a potential of hitting Higher roi's than what I am making now That search led me to this site as well as a couple of others. The public picks the correct favorite 33% of the time, I don't need a program to do that!

In my search what I have seen so far is that his program will perform an initial screening of any race card(s) you want given many different screening criteria. He tells you that it's a tool and the final decision to bet is yours after your final analysis. I like to play in tournaments and having a tool that can identify certain race scenarios is very attractive to me.

The product and monthly costs are not cheap but I view these programs to be like a prorgan to select stocks based on your chosen criteria. From what I have encountered to date are programs that do not seem to offer the screening capabilities as BM. He uses a modified pace line analysis so you do not feel lost if you do not have a copy of pace makes the race.

I have been in touch with mp over the past several months and he recommended that I wait for the new program to come out.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #14
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Yeah, he's previewed parts of the new program in his valuecapper rants. Looks quite impressive, but you still have to make it work for you.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:23 PM   #15
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
It's just a tool, not a black box, so the user defines the value not the software, and at $1200 or so, that is a rather large investment just to find out if it will make you a better player.

Moving from low bets to larger ones is not that easy, for many/most players. Their decision making abilities are less consistent due to the anxiety/fear of risking larger amounts.
I use a black box bet a fixed % of bankroll. I have more success when I take my decision making abilities out of the equation.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: