Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Poll: How did you do in 2014 ?
Poll Options
How did you do in 2014 ?

Old 01-01-2015, 06:24 PM   #1
Si2see

Did you have a winning 2014 ?

I am extremely satisfied that for the first time in a few years I was officially a winner for 2014 this is very surprising to me, because typically I do better playing live and with my home meet of Colonial Downs done i didn't make it out nearly enough this year (Gulfstream for sunshine millions, Keeneland for a weekend each meet, pimlico and timoniuom once each, and Charles town a half dozen times ).

I am thrilled that I hit more signers than ever this year, last year was my previous record and I still lost for the year. This was my 10th year betting horses.

Here are my wagering goals for 2015
1. Play smarter
2. Stop playing action bets
3. Stop chasing
4. Capitalize when I feel good about a sequence or a particular race.
5. Play smarter !!!!

How did you do in 2014 ?
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #2
clemkadiddle

Starting the year in a good way...

I didn't know our current simulcast outlet would be open today. When I found out this morning that it was...and since I have been doing nothing but homework for the past month...I decided to see if there was any past performances available for any routes today at Aqueduct.

I found them for the 7th. As I glanced at them, I immediately got interested in #6 Peaceful Talk. So, I entered the data into my Excel workbook to see what things looked like mathematically.

In addition, the scratch of #2 The Spotted Wonder also enhanced his chances as "Wonder" ran with him in his most recent.

As suspected, Peaceful Talk far out-pointed the rest of the field. $20 to win. I also spent another $8 on gimmicks. I boxed the 5-6 exacta (as a saver) but played the 6-5 straight. I covered the trifecta and superfecta for $1 using 6-5-3,10.

Result: $11.60 win price (by over 12 lengths!) $2 exacta $54...(I had $3 worth.) Just missed the trifecta. 6-5-4-3 was the finishing combo.

At 2 minutes to post, I watched the odds bounce from 7-1 to 5-1...next flash was 9-2...

(of course my wife always gets the $...)
clemkadiddle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2015, 01:26 AM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

I'm hoping to pick a winner, for a change, in 2015! Now, if i can only find a 8 quarters in my couch, i can actually bet it!
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2015, 04:17 PM   #4
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

-18500 or thereabouts

So far in 2015 -550 in sports fast start
Old 01-02-2015, 09:53 PM   #5
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
-18500 or thereabouts

So far in 2015 -550 in sports fast start
Whizz, im 10-2 in the NBA on the board, yes, picks posted before the games actually start....no way you should be down.

Btw, i miss you, don't see you posting all that much, happy new year pal, hope all is well!
Old 01-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #6
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Whizz, im 10-2 in the NBA on the board, yes, picks posted before the games actually start....no way you should be down.

Btw, i miss you, don't see you posting all that much, happy new year pal, hope all is well!
Give me a couple of picks for tomorrow, SRU...because the RENT is due.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:11 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Give me a couple of picks for tomorrow, SRU...because the RENT is due.
You should have a year's rent already paid up if you've been following Mr 10 and 2.....

Let me look at the card.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:19 PM   #8
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
You should have a year's rent already paid up if you've been following Mr 10 and 2.....
I thought HORSERACING was your game. How was I to know that you are an expert in EVERYTHING?
Old 01-02-2015, 10:30 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
I thought HORSERACING was your game. How was I to know that you are an expert in EVERYTHING?
I am. Im great at everything.....just ask me.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:47 PM   #10
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Clippers favored by 19 lol.

One thing i know is that the Clippers had their first practice in over a month TODAY....so, they might be "sharper" in this game, and could win by as many as they want, but that's a lot of points for a team who will have no problem taking out all the starters in the 4th and let these backups play...i've seen the backups play and they're not all that intense, Pha can come back against those guys if they "keep playing" no way i'd lay 19, that's ridiculous.

I don't have any official releases for tomorrow, maybe Sunday? Hopefully you don't get evicted on saturday!.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:44 AM   #11
plainolebill

3296 bets in 2014, down $198. If I had just skipped the first few days at Santa Anita it would have been a winning year. 2013 was just about the same.
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #12
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill
3296 bets in 2014, down $198. If I had just skipped the first few days at Santa Anita it would have been a winning year. 2013 was just about the same.
If you played the races instead of doing other activities, like spending money going out with wife/girlfriend, etc, then you had a winning year since you would have spent much, much more than 198 bucks for a year. You actually came out ahead. Good for you!
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #13
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
If you played the races instead of doing other activities, like spending money going out with wife/girlfriend, etc, then you had a winning year since you would have spent much, much more than 198 bucks for a year. You actually came out ahead. Good for you!
That is some sad commentary right there........
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #14
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
If you don't spend money going out with the wife/girlfriend...then someone else might...
Old 01-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #15
mountainman

Amen Brother..I'm cracking up here....Just what is this man actually saying???

First losing year in quite awhile, btw. But neither my winning nor losing seasons are all that significant, since I rarely have time to play, and I place few wagers.

Last edited by mountainman; 01-03-2015 at 12:12 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: