Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 12-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #1
Flysofree
Veteran

TimeformUS-When available on IE?

Could you please put a notice here... I would like to see it when available for IE users.
Thanks
Flysofree is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flysofree
Could you please put a notice here... I would like to see it when available for IE users.
Thanks
Why haven't you switched to Chrome yet? Or have you? You can even install Chrome to use on certain sites and IE for others.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
Flysofree
Veteran

Disk Cleanup only cleans up the IE Browser on my computer. To install another browser for only one program is too much.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Quote:
Disk Cleanup only cleans up the IE Browser on my computer. To install another browser for only one program is too much.
You might try CCleaner for cleaning both browsers and a lot more. Regarding having to use more than one browser, I have to use IE to make a transaction in the Microsoft Store because Chrome can't handle it. I suspect it's the old MS versus Google war by the so called software engineers.
Augenj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
FocusWiz

In my XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1 machines, when I run Chrome, it expands over time to be larger than either Internet Explorer or Firefox (actually, it takes up more memory than the other two combined). I know the reputation is that it is light and simple. While I run addins for Internet Explorer and Firefox, I never include them for Chrome because it is big enough as is.
FocusWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #6
Longshot6977

Quote:
Not really true. I think you're confusing OS with browser. Read what AugenJ wrote. Use CCleaner(free) and it will clean both browsers(for free even). Works fine on my Win 7 PC with both IE and Chrome. When it detects Chrome is installed, choices are enabled to clean Chrome also. No reason to not install Chrome. Don't be scared. Educate yourself on your PC.
Not sure when Timeform will optimize it for IE, if ever, so you may as well try Chrome or FF.

Last edited by Longshot6977; 12-28-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
o_crunk

I posted this in another thread. Reposting here:

Yes, TFUS will be available on IE soon.

You will notice that RagozinPPs works with IE 10 or higher. Soon we will migrate architecture that makes RagozinPPs work to TFUS and that will include the ability to access TFUS from IE 10 or higher.

When we started work on TFUS way back when, IE did not support webkit and certain aspects of CSS3 and this is why TFUS did not support use with IE. At that time, IE was not a modern web browser, so we did no development work to support it.

Obviously, IE came around and things have changed. So we will change with them.
o_crunk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #8
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenj
You might try CCleaner for cleaning both browsers and a lot more. Regarding having to use more than one browser, I have to use IE to make a transaction in the Microsoft Store because Chrome can't handle it. I suspect it's the old MS versus Google war by the so called software engineers.
I love CCleaner. I have used the free version for nearly 10 years on all my pcs. It's really easy to use and allows all kinds of controls on what to delete or not. It really is free, with no ads or strings. There is a paid version with some extra features but it is not necessary if all you are doing is keeping IE cleaned up.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #9
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_crunk
Soon we will migrate architecture that makes RagozinPPs work to TFUS
Any idea of how soon, approximately? I don't care about IE, just looking forward to the much speedier PP's.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #10
o_crunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Any idea of how soon, approximately? I don't care about IE, just looking forward to the much speedier PP's.
The target is in the next month or two.
o_crunk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #11
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenj
I just tried CCleaner on my computer.
After I used it I was no longer able to open Brisnet PPs.
I did a system restore & my computer is back to normal.
I won't try it again.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:40 PM   #12
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY
I won't try it again.
There's an easier option than a system restore. CCleaner optionally creates a recovery file that you can double-click and restore what was deleted. You do have to accept the option as you exit CC, however. This is the first time I've ever heard of problems with CC after reading many reviews and testimonies on various websites. It's highly recommended. Maybe Brisnet is using Registry "orphans" as part of their code which is the only thing I can think of, possibly for security reasons.

Last edited by Augenj; 12-29-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Augenj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2014, 11:18 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I use CC every week and never had a problem with BRIS or anything.
Make sure you check the list of thing checked to be cleaned - maybe you let it go to broad?
Old 12-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #14
Flysofree
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY
I won't try it again.

I also have used it in the past with similar type problems. I even bought a year's subscription.... The product is not for me. The computer's disk cleanup and defrag program do their job. I'd say CC Cleaner is ok but overrated.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:51 PM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

In the time it took you to create and reply to this thread, you could have easily installed Chrome in less time...

And the great things is, you can always uninstall Chrome when TFUS becomes compatible with IE.

Thank me very much....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply