Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Computers

Old 12-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
RunForTheRoses

Kaspersky Database out of Date but Can't Update

Anybody ever have this problem? May have a virus although I do not see anything malicious going on such as extreme internet traffic. The things to check out on their help section are cumbersome. Will switch AV when subscription expires.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
headhawg
crusty old guy

I just updated Kaspersky now, no problem, so their servers are up. If you think you have a virus then run Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, Kaspersky. Do you have a firewall blocking your AV? If you have enabled the proxy server setting try turning it off.

Last edited by headhawg; 12-14-2014 at 11:21 AM.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #3
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg
I just updated Kaspersky now, no problem, so their servers are up. If you think you have a virus then run Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, Kaspersky. Do you have a firewall blocking your AV? If you have enabled the proxy server setting try turning it off.
Thanks, I seem to be having bigger problems, my Malwareytes won't update either. I'm trying to download Hitman Pro and it says file is corrupt and unreadable, that is through IE, my Firefox which I usually use it also messed up, it updated a day or two ago and put Yahoo as search toolbar.
Going back earlier in the week I had a problem booting up, the screen froze, I unplugged a USB Hub that has 5 external HDs + iPhone and nook tablet. It did boot after that. It doesn't seem like a virus but...I will download Hitman on a second computer, put it on a USB drive and see whathappens.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #4
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg
Thanks again for the suggestions. I had run Tuneup Utilities to no avail. Finally, I figured wth and ran Crap Cleaners Registry program, it was a disc problem C Drive. All OK now.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:23 AM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Some viruses/malware intentionally interfere with the updating of anti-virus and anti-malware programs...or at least one I had once did...unless I was imagining things, which I don't think I was...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2014, 05:25 AM   #6
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Some viruses/malware intentionally interfere with the updating of anti-virus and anti-malware programs...or at least one I had once did...unless I was imagining things, which I don't think I was...
Yeah, one time I had a real malicious virus that shut off AV, put me in some sort of Denial of Service web thing...that was a real pain. This time it was just the file system getting corrupted somehow, it is fixed now.