Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #16
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
It took a while, throw in two minutes to help my Mom with something, but I was able to see that there will be nine races run on Saturday.

I forgot to add, at least this thread allowed Big Bad Bobby Goren a chance to take a gratuitous shot at NYRA.
I don't know if you were being sarcastic towards the fact that I make time for my mother OR if you were serious about helping yours for 2 minutes but if it was the former, that's unacceptable.

For the record, after checking the NYRA horsemen's condition book, there are no overnights or entries for Saturday's card as of 7:08 p.m. today. Were you referring to Friday's card? Should I be sarcastic to you in return?

No, I won't stoop that low.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #17
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Did I miss the announcement? I looked at Wed & Thursdays cards at Aqueduct and see only 8 races. That makes me sad....

I know there's a decrease in foals but after watching NYRA consistently card ten races and many times eleven at Belmont, I am in shock that we don't have 9 races to fill on a weekday at Aqueduct.

Plus, Aqueduct is closing for ten days in December. Is Cuomo winning the battle on shutting down one of my favorite tracks to wager on???
Could the reason possibly be that usually there are 4 days off when switching from between tracks for NYRA and this year it's just the usual 2 days off ?
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #18
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

With the exception of the first two days of racing (Wed-Thurs of this week), Aqueduct is carding 9 races per day, even weekends, through Monday November 9th (Veterans Day). This is readily available on NYRA.com as TLG implied.

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #19
lamboguy

i just noticed that starting in Aqueduct there is a new claiming rule like they have in Sourthern California. if your horse is on a long layoff you can run him back the first time at the same claiming level as he last raced in and he is ineligible to be claimed if you enter that way. the way i see it, if you want your horse to be claimed you can enter that way too. its good to know as a bettor because if he runs unprotected you have an idea that the trainer isn't that fond of the horse. the only thing about that is, i highly doubt that anyone would want to claim a horse under those circumstances.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #20
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i just noticed that starting in Aqueduct there is a new claiming rule like they have in Sourthern California. if your horse is on a long layoff you can run him back the first time at the same claiming level as he last raced in and he is ineligible to be claimed if you enter that way. the way i see it, if you want your horse to be claimed you can enter that way too. its good to know as a bettor because if he runs unprotected you have an idea that the trainer isn't that fond of the horse. the only thing about that is, i highly doubt that anyone would want to claim a horse under those circumstances.
The pre-winter drop downs have officially begun!
Old 10-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #21
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
Could the reason possibly be that usually there are 4 days off when switching from between tracks for NYRA and this year it's just the usual 2 days off ?
I was hoping so. That's why my thread started. And, that's why it started with a question mark. I love NYRA racing & don't want to see it reduced. Especially by the Cuomo cronies. Hence my concern.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #22
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Over Run
With the exception of the first two days of racing (Wed-Thurs of this week), Aqueduct is carding 9 races per day, even weekends, through Monday November 9th (Veterans Day). This is readily available on NYRA.com as TLG implied.
Can you kindly tell me where that is posted? I tried but couldn't find that piece of info. I checked under horsemen, entries, general info and the main page. I could not find that anywhere. Hence, my inquisitive thread. I wanted to know.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #23
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

Quote:
Can you kindly tell me where that is posted? I tried but couldn't find that piece of info. I checked under horsemen, entries, general info and the main page. I could not find that anywhere. Hence, my inquisitive thread. I wanted to know.

Thanks in advance.
Horseman's Area, Condition Books October 29 - November 10

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbH...1029-20141110D

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #24
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Over Run
Horseman's Area, Condition Books October 29 - November 10

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbH...1029-20141110D
That is AWESOME! thank you VERY much. I kept clicking condition book index, instead of the proper link.

After seeing 8 races after downloading wed and Thursday's cards on formulator, I gave up and went on PA for some help.

Thanks again Rise Over Run!!!
Old 10-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #25
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I don't know if you were being sarcastic towards the fact that I make time for my mother OR if you were serious about helping yours for 2 minutes but if it was the former, that's unacceptable.

For the record, after checking the NYRA horsemen's condition book, there are no overnights or entries for Saturday's card as of 7:08 p.m. today. Were you referring to Friday's card? Should I be sarcastic to you in return?

No, I won't stoop that low.
I meant to say : after checking the NYRA entries, there are no overnights or entries for Saturday's......... not NYRA horsemen's condition book.

Nevertheless, I hope you get my point. Your response was unwarranted, sarcastic, demeaning and disappointing.

Quite frankly, Rise over Run's response was the gentlemanly response I deserved and expected. Not a bash from someone in position to grow the sport.

Anyway, wish you the best Andy. Be well.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #26
JustRalph
Just another Facist

How in hell does Cuomo have anything to do with how many races are carded?

Let alone how many horses are available
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #27
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph

Let alone how many horses are available
His dad was railroaded by the then NYRA. His son holds a grudge. In my humble conspiracy opinion, his administration caused the takeout fiasco. Cost Hayward his job, hates horse racing and wants Aqueduct closed.

In a nutshell. I'm not saying it's fact. Just my fear as I don't want Aqueduct closed. I can expand if you'd like.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #28
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph

Cuomo..lol. I remember a bit Carson dropped in a monologue where he had a little play on words with the audience...

"Did you hear that Cuomo has announced he's running for President? Not Mario, but Perry."
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2014, 12:44 AM   #29
the little guy

Quote:
Excuse me, Andy. If you checked the date and time of this thread (being created), you would see that at that time, NYRA.com had entries available for Wednesday and Thursday only, with 8 races being shown. As you know, entries came out for Friday's card on Sunday. On Sunday, I updated the thread to reflect the fact that there are 9 races for Friday's card, not 8 (like Wed & Thur) and how happy I was to see that.

I don't appreciate your sarcasm. For someone who's in a position to grow the game, represent NYRA publicly via TV, in person and the web, you're response to me was disappointing.

Sorry, I didn't realize you wanted me to coddle you. I'll keep that in mind going forward.

Note to self...no more fun joking with EMD4ME.

Got it....all business going forward. Sorry there was some confusion.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #30
jk3521
Registered Loser

Try to put a or after each joke.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: