Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #16
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Dave, I don't feel any sorrow for him whatsoever. I hope others are caught. Still, this young man troubled me. He studied 8 years to become a DVM. He couldn't have been practicing more than 4 to 5 years. How does one lose a moral compass in 5 years? Did he ever have one? Worse. I don't see how his father can sleep.
the devil got to both of them
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #17
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Tom, you're right, he should get prison.
So should a whole lot of people who run this game. Maybe it is time for government to take over and micro-regulate the game. Seeing how it seems totally incapable of doing it itself.

Last edited by Tom; 10-24-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #18
chadk66

Quote:
Dave, I don't feel any sorrow for him whatsoever. I hope others are caught. Still, this young man troubled me. He studied 8 years to become a DVM. He couldn't have been practicing more than 4 to 5 years. How does one lose a moral compass in 5 years? Did he ever have one? Worse. I don't see how his father can sleep.
it would lend one to believe he learned that growing up in his fathers barn. those kinds of things usually have a basis for coming to fruition.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2014, 12:50 AM   #19
whodoyoulike
Veteran

When veterinarians are banned, are they banned only from one race track or all N.A tracks? Also, do they lose their license to practice veterinarian medicine? If not, then this will be a major part of the problem of preventing this type of behavior. A $20k fine doesn't seem appropriate for helping cheat the other owners and bettors.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #20
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
When veterinarians are banned, are they banned only from one race track or all N.A tracks? Also, do they lose their license to practice veterinarian medicine? If not, then this will be a major part of the problem of preventing this type of behavior. A $20k fine doesn't seem appropriate for helping cheat the other owners and bettors.
that all can vary from state to state. usually unless the legal system is involved one doesn't loose their license. So he could still work off track.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
it would lend one to believe he learned that growing up in his fathers barn. those kinds of things usually have a basis for coming to fruition.
The syringe doesn't fall far from the vial?
Old 10-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #22
Grits

Quote:
Compassion, I've always believed, is not learned behavior. Its inborn. We have it, or we don't. Entitlement, on the other hand, is learned behavior. One is taught to cheat. One is taught they are entitled.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #23
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I think my compass is just a little BENT
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #24
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
that all can vary from state to state. usually unless the legal system is involved one doesn't loose their license. So he could still work off track.
I wonder why the owners whose horses came in second thru fourth don't sue this Vet if he treated the winner for their lost winnings. Also, I would think every bettor who can prove they bet on the second place horse beaten by one of his medically enhanced horses doesn't sue him in small claims court since it's a documented fact.

They should keep him busy defending himself so he's unable to practice medicine.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 10-25-2014 at 01:50 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #25
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
I wonder why the owners whose horses came in second thru fourth don't sue this Vet if he treated the winner for their lost winnings. Also, I would think every bettor who can prove they bet on the second place horse beaten by one of his medically enhanced horses doesn't sue him in small claims court since it's a documented fact.

They should keep him busy defending himself so he's unable to practice medicine.
True. Unfortunately this is an example of the 'real' takeout imposed over the past 20 years, most races aren't fair contests. IMO take the drugs out of racing and take the other criminal elements out of racing and many handicappers will do surprisingly well betting into a 15% rake. I suspect many more of these vets are around but nothing ever comes of it when people dig a bit deeper they get wind of who they may be involved with and stand down.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #26
ultracapper

Quote:
Compassion, I've always believed, is not learned behavior. Its inborn. We have it, or we don't. Entitlement, on the other hand, is learned behavior. One is taught to cheat. One is taught they are entitled.
Humbleness can breed compassion. Entitlement can dull it.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #27
GatetoWire

The best line from the article was about Cobalt. They run like monster's 2-3 times then they are done.

Anyone know any other big name trainers who's horses run like monster's 2-3 times then need 6 months off?

This weekend there are security guards following each horse 24 hrs a day for 72 hrs straight up to the race. There is extra OOC testing etc. Take a look at the results and watch which barns/horses magically become slower. You might get a big wake up about how deep this problem is.
GatetoWire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2014, 10:09 AM   #28
Mineshaft
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatetoWire
The best line from the article was about Cobalt. They run like monster's 2-3 times then they are done.

Anyone know any other big name trainers who's horses run like monster's 2-3 times then need 6 months off?

This weekend there are security guards following each horse 24 hrs a day for 72 hrs straight up to the race. There is extra OOC testing etc. Take a look at the results and watch which barns/horses magically become slower. You might get a big wake up about how deep this problem is.

I would imagine its pretty big.
Mineshaft is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #29
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Quote:
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...s-20-year-ban/

Your license is pulled. You made poor decisions. I hope, at 31 years of age, with much of your life ahead of you... that you are never allowed to put your hands on another race horse, or any other animal, ever again. Too, I hope no horses involved in the race, the spill that took the life of Juan Saez came under your care. I'm sorry, most of all, that you have no soul.
Hmm makes me wonder now if these super trainers are using this,If you think about it,Says cobalt will give a horse 2 or 3 good races and then he is done. Im sure all of you have noticed how these horses dont run for a new trainer when claimed from them. Im so sorry for the hard working trainer trying to do everything within the rules of racing.This guy needs to be banished from ever practicing on any animal.
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #30
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
Hmm makes me wonder now if these super trainers are using this,If you think about it,Says cobalt will give a horse 2 or 3 good races and then he is done. Im sure all of you have noticed how these horses dont run for a new trainer when claimed from them. Im so sorry for the hard working trainer trying to do everything within the rules of racing.This guy needs to be banished from ever practicing on any animal.
I'm sorry as well. This is from a day or two ago--a follow up. Maybe he's going to blame his drugging of horses, his altering of records, etc, etc, on the woman whom he fired.. "Good luck with that one, sir."

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...#ixzz3HaGOYV00

Quote:
Russell's attorney told the Star that the vet plans to request a hearing before an administrative law judge. Russell told the paper the complaint relies heavily on an employee that Russell fired.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply