Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The horses should be suspended, too.
NO switching to another trainer - you lose all changes to make any money while the trainer is off.

Some trainers manage to not have positives - any one who can't probably should not be allowed to be a trainer.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #17
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
NO switching to another trainer - you lose all changes to make any money while the trainer is off.

Some trainers manage to not have positives - any one who can't probably should not be allowed to be a trainer.
Sounds about right to me. This doesn't seem like a complicated issue, years of second chances, horses running under assistant names and BS excuses is the only thing that complicates this.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2014, 06:14 PM   #18
Stillriledup
Veteran

Leandro celebrated like he was actually the trainer and not just a guy on the pgm
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2014, 06:47 PM   #19
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Leandro celebrated like he was actually the trainer and not just a guy on the pgm
The check will come in his name.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2014, 06:50 PM   #20
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
The check will come in his name.
I would bet he actually gets to keep the money; big trouble for O'Neill if they catch him getting any of it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2014, 07:02 PM   #21
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I would bet he actually gets to keep the money; big trouble for O'Neill if they catch him getting any of it.
He might end up on American Greed.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:04 PM   #22
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom

I have been saying this forever. The fact that the owners aren't somehow tied to this is the reason things never gets fixed. If the horse was suspended, it wouldn't put the owner's whole stable out of business but would make for some sort of deterrent and make the owner at least have to think twice about using these trainers.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2014, 10:33 PM   #23
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relwob Owner
I have been saying this forever. The fact that the owners aren't somehow tied to this is the reason things never gets fixed. If the horse was suspended, it wouldn't put the owner's whole stable out of business but would make for some sort of deterrent and make the owner at least have to think twice about using these trainers.
Its like telling a bank robber that his punishment for getting caught robbing the bank isn't jail, its that he's not allowed to go into any banks for 60 days.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:37 AM   #24
TBD

If you want owners to be held more accountable, start using their name and picture when discussing the situation. Most owners I know totally dislike the bad press. Everytime I read articles or threads about trainers either the owners picture or name is not expressed enough. In other words, stop making the threads about the trainers and make them about their employers.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:56 AM   #25
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD
If you want owners to be held more accountable, start using their name and picture when discussing the situation. Most owners I know totally dislike the bad press. Everytime I read articles or threads about trainers either the owners picture or name is not expressed enough. In other words, stop making the threads about the trainers and make them about their employers.
I like it. Instead of saying so and so gets a suspension and fine, show the picture of the owner and say HERES YOUR ENABLER.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:38 AM   #26
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
I like it. Instead of saying so and so gets a suspension and fine, show the picture of the owner and say HERES YOUR ENABLER.
Isn't it in some locales if a man is caught soliciting a prostitute or is caught with one while receiving 'comfort' he's also arrested and the john's name, address and picture published publicly? Not 100 % sure about the photo, but I thought I'd throw that in too.

It's OK by me to out the owners, along with suspending the (innocent) racehorses of serial violators trainers like O'Neill. If the horse can't run then maybe, just maybe, some of these owners will wise up to the situation.

Owners are very real problem with what is wrong with the game today, especially racing on a day-to-day basis at the smaller, minor circuits like Parx. They get a pass with the 'there wouldn't even be racing if it weren't for the owners.'

Yes, that statement in and of itself is truth but there will still be racing -- but this time with a better quality owner and trainer once the cheats and scum are ruled off.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #27
depalma113

Quote:
Its like telling a bank robber that his punishment for getting caught robbing the bank isn't jail, its that he's not allowed to go into any banks for 60 days.
It's all that and the bank robber's brother is still allowed to go into all of the banks with a mask on.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-21-2014, 07:15 AM   #28
Stillriledup
Veteran

Dougie "I'll be your" Doug O'Neill is back from his suspension, i think he will be back on the program for opening day at Santa Anita Dec 26th.

I bet he's a changed man, when you get to tan at the beach in between days of golf, train via cellphone while losing 0 clients, 0 horses and 0 dollars, that would get anyone to change, you know, with such a severe punishment and all.

Oh the humanity.

Welcome back Doug, the horseplayers have missed you greatly, we will get a warm and fuzzy feeling seeing your name on the program when we handicap those opening week races at santa Anita.

Warm and fuzzy i tell you, warm and fuzzy.

[YT="Dougie is back! Warm and Fuzzy feelings abound"]gHg4zo2B-c0[/YT]
Old 12-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #29
biggestal99

Callie needs to dutrow his ass.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: