Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #16
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Weren't people calling for Vyjack's retirement not long ago?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2014, 02:49 PM   #17
Stillriledup
Veteran

Not lost in all this is a horrendous ride by the guy on the chalk. If you have the outer most post, you dont get yourself pinned in between horses battling the pace. Its amazing that horse held third, he looked dead in the water to hit the board at the top of the lane.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #18
Ocala Mike

The Kelso Handicap

The way the pace developed, sitting a clear, open 4th early was clearly the place to be. Just glad it was the sittin' there.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #19
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
See post 7

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ghlight=vyjack
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #20
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Not lost in all this is a horrendous ride by the guy on the chalk. If you have the outer most post, you dont get yourself pinned in between horses battling the pace. Its amazing that horse held third, he looked dead in the water to hit the board at the top of the lane.

I didn't like the ride either, but I needed him for 2nd to get the exacta.

I haven't watched the replay yet, but watching the race live it looked like he broke well and Bradester broke a tad slower. So he found himself in the stalking position and then Bradester came outside of him. I think the ideal trip was to sitting off them.

Bradester was dead on the board. I think he opened at something like 18-1. I didn't like him a lot because he looked like the 2nd speed, but at one point I was considering it. He did not run well. That may have been one of those times that someone knew something.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #21
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
For clarity. Did you read this on Twitter or other boards? As the link quotes DRF's David Grenig's tweet. I did a search going back to July in the Zivo and the Vyjack threads. Of course, I could've missed one. But in these threads, no one here at PA called for Vyjack's retirement. Instead, there was concern for his being spotted over his head, and for his needing a break after being eased.

Now, if I can make up for my question. Your figures had Rudy's next winner, Belle Gallantey as the top speed, much above the overbet StopchargingMaria. Thank you for my win bet, several times, paying $11.40.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2014, 09:40 PM   #22
affirmedny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
For clarity. Did you read this on Twitter or other boards? As the link quotes DRF's David Grenig's tweet. I did a search going back to July in the Zivo and the Vyjack threads. Of course, I could've missed one. But in these threads, no one here at PA called for Vyjack's retirement. Instead, there was concern for his being spotted over his head, and for his needing a break after being eased.

Now, if I can make up for my question. Your figures had Rudy's next winner, Belle Gallantey as the top speed, much above the overbet StopchargingMaria. Thank you for my win bet, several times, paying $11.40.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...38&postcount=9
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #23
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits

I don't remember where I'd heard it which is why I didn't say. Probably was Twitter.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #24
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmedny
Quote:
I actually wouldn't mind seeing him in a new career .
Didn't miss the post you've linked. Too, I don't view it as a call or a demand to retire the horse. JMO.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #25
SandyLoam

The track analysts and a couple guys on TVG who I kind of listen to were all over themselves saying how great Vyjack looked in the paddock and days before the race. I had him 'cuz I didn't want him to beat me. Worked out.
SandyLoam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply