Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

Castellano is impossibly good right now

Riding a horse called Bold Runner in the last race, shows nothing on paper, he gets this horse to the lead, takes big pressure, the speeds appear to collapse as the chalks sweep up, and here's Castellano just imploring this REALLY bad horse to the line and almost pulling off the win.

He was willing this horse, CARRYING this horse to the line.....and it was the last race of the day, he could have mailed in this ride, but stuck around to ride for a 2 for 49 trainer on a horse who shows zip.

That says a lot about what kind of rider and what kind of man he wants to be.

*as a side note, this trainer Anthony Quartarolo, who used to be a harness trainer and driver, seems to have the ability to secure Castellano's service on some really bad horses....this horse Castellano rode isn't the only AQ horse who shows nothing that he's been riding.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Riding a horse called Bold Runner in the last race, shows nothing on paper, he gets this horse to the lead, takes big pressure, the speeds appear to collapse as the chalks sweep up, and here's Castellano just imploring this REALLY bad horse to the line and almost pulling off the win.

He was willing this horse, CARRYING this horse to the line.....and it was the last race of the day, he could have mailed in this ride, but stuck around to ride for a 2 for 49 trainer on a horse who shows zip.

*as a side note, this trainer Anthony Quartarolo, who used to be a harness trainer and driver, seems to have the ability to secure Castellano's service on some really bad horses....this horse Castellano rode isn't the only AQ horse who shows nothing that he's been riding.

Imo Castellano has been the best rider in ny for a while and yes it includes when Ramon was riding..
Old 08-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #3
aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge07
Imo Castellano has been the best rider in ny for a while and yes it includes when Ramon was riding..
And on what do you base that opinion on ?
Old 08-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron
And on what do you base that opinion on ?
watching races..just like your opinion...right?
Old 08-27-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge07
That's a huge compliment to put JJC in the class of Ramon. I'm sure he would appreciate hearing that (and then probably tell you there's only one Ramon )
Old 08-27-2014, 08:02 PM   #6
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

JC could never be Ramon. Never.

Ramon undressed Javier so many times, especially with the mental side of their tasks, it was embarrassing.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #7
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
JC could never be Ramon. Never.

Ramon undressed Javier so many times, especially with the mental side of their tasks, it was embarrassing.
Ramon is a greatnrider..

I want Castellano on my horse in big races..
Old 08-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Castellano in the get out = in the money somewhere.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
Castellano in the get out = in the money somewhere.
Its a rare thing to find a jock who rides as many great horses, wins as much purse money and is SO in demand to ride the hair off a cheap horse in the final race for a low pct barn.

Doesn't get better than that.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #10
thaskalos

Was Ramon getting these rave reviews when he was a regular at Delaware Park?
Old 08-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #11
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Oh oh, now you did it...
Old 08-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #12
Thebigguy
Veteran

Quote:

Im just getting my bets on paper right now. Same trainer/jockey combo in the 4th tomorrow. Im against.... But being against Javier does scare me.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #13
Thebigguy
Veteran

Quote:
That's a huge compliment to put JJC in the class of Ramon. I'm sure he would appreciate hearing that (and then probably tell you there's only one Ramon )

Its false though.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #14
castaway01

Quote:
If you ever watched him ride at Delaware Park, he was 20 times better than any other rider there and it was obvious he was destined for great things at any track where he got decent horses to ride.

So, the answer is yes.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:04 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Of course, he was winning everything there. He was miles better than anyone else there and often made races unbettable. It was similar to Edgar Prado in Maryland, he won with MANY inferior horses than those his fellow riders were on.

Last edited by cj; 08-27-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: