Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #16
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC
I never said that any horse was stiffed or didn't try.

I didn't say that either - but you inquired as to how someone would feel holding tickets on Wicked Strong as though they had been wronged. How? The only way they could have been somehow wronged is if they had been deceived. Everything is there and black and white, the entries were listed as shown long before they placed a wager. I just can't understand why someone would feel anything other than disappointed they got beat.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #17
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC
Then why do some tracks still have entries?

Because ions ago some idiots got mad at a NY track and they put these stupid rules in. Now, it's already been proven that the majority of horse players do not want entries. Entries make no sense. Horse racing is a gamble, and you should be able to wager on the horse you like at the odds the horse is going off at.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2014, 08:57 PM   #18
TJC

"I am sure that the bettors that had Wicked Strong in the double, pick 3, pick 4, and pick 6 are just thrilled that they got beat by V. E. Day, a horse trained by the same trainer and possibly partially owned by a common owner."

I never said they were wronged.

You see, I wagered at Fort Erie for many, many years where you could bet a 1/1 exactor and I can't tell you how many times the 1/1 exactor came in when I had the winner with the third horse. I believe that you can no longer make the 1/1 exactor bet.
TJC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: