Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #31
BlueShoe

A bit off topic, but what about the times a mutuel clerk overpays you and you must politely inform them of their error and return the overpayment? This happened recently to me, and it did involve a voucher, in what was a very simple transaction, so the mistake was very odd. Was having a bad day, and rather than insert another bill in the purchase voucher machine just went to a manned window, handed the clerk a $100 bill and asked for a $50 voucher. He placed the bill in his drawer, punched out the voucher, reached in his drawer for change, and then laid a $100 bill in front of me. Stunned, I stood silently for a few seconds, and then quietly told him what had happened. After getting 2 20's and a 10, he thanked me sincerely, and that was that. Oh yes, lost the $50 and had to get another voucher, and lost that too , the bad day turned into a very bad day, but that is not part of the story, it did not matter.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #32
WP1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiketoo
Not in NY so never heard of such. Do any other jurisdictions use something similar?
Los Al offers one that works at all Cali tracks if you are here (I recall your user name from dmtc). Sign up is by the Vessels club on live race days.

Card is issued by chrb, but I've never seen sign up at another cal track.
WP1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply