Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #751
Canarsie
Registered User
 
Canarsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,459
Rep Power: 11 Canarsie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
LOL. Pacer is a live link. LOL

try getting any information on this case without paying.

Allan
All you have to do is give them a credit card here you go trying to sound important again. Show me your bill on this case all you have to do is black out anything important. My hunch is that you haven't paid a cent yet but I could be wrong if proven otherwise.

What do I get if my information comes free?

So now you admit it's a link (another thing you were WRONG on) the question remains why you wouldn't provide it the first time around. Since your cherry picked my post where is this Betfair NJ company? Since you state your paying obviously the proof should be a click or two away.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #752
Canarsie
Registered User
 
Canarsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,459
Rep Power: 11 Canarsie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
So cite 5.10 in the proposed law says that interstate pools are permissible
but not legal?

If Betfair follows the proposed rule 5.10 to the letter, they will be offering existing pools from the UK to Jersey residents.

which includes the NYRA.

they just need commission approval. and that my dear friend will be granted.

Allan
Once again they have had 3 1/2 years to get this done and haven't. Once again you fail to provide substantiation (because your always wrong) for your argument but put up a proposed rule that hasn't even been solidified. You do realize rules are subject to being changed especially before they are implemented.

California changes their rules all the time just recently the whip without even putting it in regulations yet. But since your commented on yours I guess that it's already etched in stone.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #753
biggestal99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,087
Rep Power: 5 biggestal99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Once again they have had 3 1/2 years to get this done and haven't. Once again you fail to provide substantiation (because your always wrong) for your argument but put up a proposed rule that hasn't even been solidified. You do realize rules are subject to being changed especially before they are implemented.
LOL. Its there in black and white on a new Jersey gov't website

Interstate pools are permissible under the proposed rules.

These rules have been published in the New Jersey register.

if NJ wanted to change this proposed rule they would have to publish it for public comment.

They have not done so yet.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #754
Canarsie
Registered User
 
Canarsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,459
Rep Power: 11 Canarsie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
LOL. Its there in black and white on a new Jersey gov't website

Interstate pools are permissible under the proposed rules.

These rules have been published in the New Jersey register.

if NJ wanted to change this proposed rule they would have to publish it for public comment.

They have not done so yet.

Allan
If you wanted to show the proposed rule it would have taken fifteen seconds but I guess that is too much to ask.

Ok since I'm a dummy lets make a wager to a charity of the winners choice This will be implemented by January 31 and I pay off otherwise you are wrong again.. After all according to you it's signed, sealed, and delivered link or not.

Since we both support PDJF loser pays $50 and gets a tax write off in 2015.

You in or out? You have been on a roll for quite some time if this comes to fruition a long losing streak will be stopped. People will stop associating you with the Chicago Cubs if it happens.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #755
horses4courses
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,861
Rep Power: 19 horses4courses will become famous soon enough
Leagues want their money back

They should just hit up Peterson and Rice for a little more fine money.

http://blog.northjersey.com/meadowla...-betting-case/
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2014, 04:44 AM   #756
biggestal99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,087
Rep Power: 5 biggestal99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
They should just hit up Peterson and Rice for a little more fine money.

http://blog.northjersey.com/meadowla...-betting-case/

The horsemen are fighting this, have filed to not return the bond until the case is settled.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2014, 10:47 AM   #757
onefast99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,659
Rep Power: 16 onefast99 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
The horsemen are fighting this, have filed to not return the bond until the case is settled.

Allan
“Plaintiffs’ letter request, not contained in a formal motion as it should have been, rests on two flawed premises:” wrote Mr. Riccio. “(a) that the Court has granted Plaintiffs’ request for a permanent injunction against the NJTHA; and (b) that it has been finally determined that the NJTHA was not wrongfully restrained. Plaintiffs are wrong on both counts.”

This will be interesting another wrong decision by Judge Shipp could give the NJTHA a leg up in this case.
__________________
Monmouth Park...keep racing in NJ!
onefast99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #758
Canarsie
Registered User
 
Canarsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,459
Rep Power: 11 Canarsie is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=onefast99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
The NJ racetracks are now owned privately did you miss that? The NJSEA hasnothingto do with MP or the Meadowlands or Freehold or AC. There are many investors willing to take a shot at the sports wagering platform being approved even if it is down the road. Risk=Reward
You know far more than me on what the management side of sw is shooting at so I have a few questions.

If there are so many investors how come the name William Hill comes up more than any others? Even so it isn't mentioned with regularity where once could assume that they are the chief risktaker.

Maybe I'm naive but why isn't Betfair ever mentioned? Once again this is an assumption but I can't imagine they are going to lay down and hand it to WH without a fight. I'm sure they both have powerful lobbyists but my hunch is Betfair is used to getting things done quicker than WH.

I understand if you can't answer any/part of the questions due to privacy and other things.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #759
onefast99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,659
Rep Power: 16 onefast99 will become famous soon enough
[QUOTE=Canarsie]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99

You know far more than me on what the management side of sw is shooting at so I have a few questions.

If there are so many investors how come the name William Hill comes up more than any others? Even so it isn't mentioned with regularity where once could assume that they are the chief risktaker.

Maybe I'm naive but why isn't Betfair ever mentioned? Once again this is an assumption but I can't imagine they are going to lay down and hand it to WH without a fight. I'm sure they both have powerful lobbyists but my hunch is Betfair is used to getting things done quicker than WH.

I understand if you can't answer any/part of the questions due to privacy and other things.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Back in March of 2011 an RFP(request for proposal) was offered by the NJSEA to run the states racetracks, several prominent individuals including Morris Bailey put in to become the new private entity to run MP by way of a lease opportunity . Bailey was selected and began looking at the grand scheme of things but elected to cease any further operation of the track and bowed out. The NJSEA partnered with Darby and began operating under a five-year lease as a partnership with Darby Development, LLC.
William Hill was named the sports betting operator at MP in 2013, hence the "William Hill Haskell", Hill also spent a small fortune setting up the "Las Vegas" style sportsbook in anticipation of NJ getting sports wagering in the not to distant furure,call it a hedge if you will. On the same subject Jeff Gural teamed up with an investor Hard Rock International who sunk a significant amount of money into the Meadowlands in hopes of getting a casino there in the not too distant future. In regards to Betfair,they purchased TVG in 2009 they also teamed up with the NJ horseman to do the exchange wagering. TVG was given the green light to run the "online" wagering platform known as njbets.com which was given over to the horseman with the Favorites OTW platform in Woodbridge NJ. The expansion of the OTWs has been slow but a new Favorites will open in Hillsborough NJ once the Racing Commission figures out some minor issues with a ground lease arrangement. I hope I shed some light on your concerns, have a Great Thanksgiving!
__________________
Monmouth Park...keep racing in NJ!
onefast99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #760
Robert Goren
Racing Form Detective
 
Robert Goren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lincoln, Ne but my heart is at Santa Anita
Posts: 16,316
Rep Power: 29 Robert Goren has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Goren has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Goren has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=onefast99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Back in March of 2011 an RFP(request for proposal) was offered by the NJSEA to run the states racetracks, several prominent individuals including Morris Bailey put in to become the new private entity to run MP by way of a lease opportunity . Bailey was selected and began looking at the grand scheme of things but elected to cease any further operation of the track and bowed out. The NJSEA partnered with Darby and began operating under a five-year lease as a partnership with Darby Development, LLC.
William Hill was named the sports betting operator at MP in 2013, hence the "William Hill Haskell", Hill also spent a small fortune setting up the "Las Vegas" style sportsbook in anticipation of NJ getting sports wagering in the not to distant furure,call it a hedge if you will. On the same subject Jeff Gural teamed up with an investor Hard Rock International who sunk a significant amount of money into the Meadowlands in hopes of getting a casino there in the not too distant future. In regards to Betfair,they purchased TVG in 2009 they also teamed up with the NJ horseman to do the exchange wagering. TVG was given the green light to run the "online" wagering platform known as njbets.com which was given over to the horseman with the Favorites OTW platform in Woodbridge NJ. The expansion of the OTWs has been slow but a new Favorites will open in Hillsborough NJ once the Racing Commission figures out some minor issues with a ground lease arrangement. I hope I shed some light on your concerns, have a Great Thanksgiving!
If I may ask, what kind of deal did they cut with NJ horsemen? What % of each bet do the horsemen get?
__________________
Some day in the not too distant future, horse players will betting on computer generated races over the net. Race tracks will become casinos and shopping centers. And some crooner will be belting out "there used to be a race track here".
Robert Goren is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #761
onefast99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,659
Rep Power: 16 onefast99 will become famous soon enough
[QUOTE=Robert Goren]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
If I may ask, what kind of deal did they cut with NJ horsemen? What % of each bet do the horsemen get?
The horseman are the direct recipients of the revenue streams run and developed by the entity. These include the TVG phone betting system and the OTW's. Any future revenue streams will also help create better purse structures which in essence help everyone associated with racing. The main thing the horseman got was Monmouth Park to run and train their horses at as well as a highly anticipated return to racing at the Meadowlands on both turf and dirt.
__________________
Monmouth Park...keep racing in NJ!

Last edited by onefast99; 11-26-2014 at 12:17 PM.
onefast99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #762
biggestal99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,087
Rep Power: 5 biggestal99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
“Plaintiffs’ letter request, not contained in a formal motion as it should have been, rests on two flawed premises:” wrote Mr. Riccio. “(a) that the Court has granted Plaintiffs’ request for a permanent injunction against the NJTHA; and (b) that it has been finally determined that the NJTHA was not wrongfully restrained. Plaintiffs are wrong on both counts.”

This will be interesting another wrong decision by Judge Shipp could give the NJTHA a leg up in this case.
Well to be fair to judge shipp, he didn't leave himself much leeway as far as time to decide the case, i am sure the third circuit will give themselves as much time as they need to decide the case correctly one way or the other.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #763
Canarsie
Registered User
 
Canarsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,459
Rep Power: 11 Canarsie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
have a Great Thanksgiving!
Happy thanksgiving to you and your family. I have some more questions that will have to wait for later going to pick up a turkey from the farm. Been getting it there over thirty years all I can say is yummy.

Nobody hold their breath
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #764
biggestal99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,087
Rep Power: 5 biggestal99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
Well to be fair to judge shipp, he didn't leave himself much leeway as far as time to decide the case, i am sure the third circuit will give themselves as much time as they need to decide the case correctly one way or the other.

Allan
Judge Shipp denied to return the bond to the NFL on Tueday per my pacer account

72Filed & Entered: 12/02/2014OrderDocket Text: TEXT ORDER - After careful consideration of the parties' correspondence (ECF Nos. 69, 70), Plaintiffs' request that the Court order the bond discharged is DENIED. So Ordered by Judge Michael A. Shipp on 12/2/14. (NR )

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #765
SandyW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 808
Rep Power: 6 SandyW is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
Judge Shipp denied to return the bond to the NFL on Tueday per my pacer account

72Filed & Entered: 12/02/2014OrderDocket Text: TEXT ORDER - After careful consideration of the parties' correspondence (ECF Nos. 69, 70), Plaintiffs' request that the Court order the bond discharged is DENIED. So Ordered by Judge Michael A. Shipp on 12/2/14. (NR )

Allan
So I guess this means, New Jersey is on track to get sports wagering by 2020.
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Is adding 30 to 60 feet to the run up for the Pegasus a good idea?
Yes, good idea - 46.15%
6 Votes
No, bad idea - 53.85%
7 Votes
Total Votes: 13
Non-members may not vote on this poll.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2017 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.