Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #16
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo96
There are too many gloom and doomers in this forum.
What does gloom and doom have to do with pointing out the fact US tracks cannot cooperate with each other to stagger their post times? It shouldn't be that difficult, but they all operate in a little world where THEIR track is the only one. These tracks deserve the criticism.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2014, 11:46 AM   #17
Peter Berry
Track Announcer

I cringe whenever Mountaineer and Presque Isle clash.
Peter Berry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #18
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo96
There are too many gloom and doomers in this forum.
I agree, I can’t understand all of the negativity on this board. Sure, there are minor issues like past-posting , high takeout rates, bad beats, statebreds, gate malfunctions and catastrophic breakdowns. Non-cooperating states, non-cooperating tracks. Permanently-disabled jockeys, permanently-disabled horses, illegal immigrants, legal immigrants, animal doping, horse slaughter and thousands of unwanted horses, but look on the bright side people, it’s much better than lower division euro soccer, OMG the corruption that goes on there!
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #19
Stillriledup
Veteran

Pid, PENN, CT and MTN all trying REALLY hard to run on top of each other.

Right now:

Penn 5 in 10 mins
MTN 3 in 11 mins
PID 7 in 14 mins
CT 3 in 15 mins.

Now, if they work a little bit here they can time it so they all go off at once!

CMON GUYS I BELIEVE IN YOU!
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2014, 08:00 PM   #20
andtheyreoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Pid, PENN, CT and MTN all trying REALLY hard to run on top of each other.

Right now:

Penn 5 in 10 mins
MTN 3 in 11 mins
PID 7 in 14 mins
CT 3 in 15 mins.

Now, if they work a little bit here they can time it so they all go off at once!

CMON GUYS I BELIEVE IN YOU!
Just to entertain you, I wrote down when all these tracks' races went off:
MNR: 7:53.44 PM
PEN: 7:54.40 PM (56 seconds apart)
PID: 7:56.08 PM (1 minute, 28 seconds apart)
CT: 7:58.30 PM (2 minutes, 22 seconds apart)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard
I agree, I can’t understand all of the negativity on this board. Sure, there are minor issues like past-posting , high takeout rates, bad beats, statebreds, gate malfunctions and catastrophic breakdowns. Non-cooperating states, non-cooperating tracks. Permanently-disabled jockeys, permanently-disabled horses, illegal immigrants, legal immigrants, animal doping, horse slaughter and thousands of unwanted horses, but look on the bright side people, it’s much better than lower division euro soccer, OMG the corruption that goes on there!
Seriously? Bad beats? State breds? Immigrants? These are problems? How do you go about getting rid of them?
Old 07-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #21
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtheyreoff
Just to entertain you, I wrote down when all these tracks' races went off:
MNR: 7:53.44 PM
PEN: 7:54.40 PM (56 seconds apart)
PID: 7:56.08 PM (1 minute, 28 seconds apart)
CT: 7:58.30 PM (2 minutes, 22 seconds apart)

Seriously? Bad beats? State breds? Immigrants? These are problems? How do you go about getting rid of them?
Im ashamed of these tracks, they didnt do a good enough job at timing it so they all go off at once.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #22
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Berry
I cringe whenever Mountaineer and Presque Isle clash.
They timed today's 5th to go off exactly the same time as the feature at Los Al. Cringeworthy!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:17 AM   #23
Hambletonian

does anyone believe

the tracks give a crud? seriously, the racinos make so little money on racing comparatively I am suprised they don't run the races ever seven minutes to clear out all the old dudes out of their facility faster. first post 1pm, last post 2 pm.
Hambletonian is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #24
Stillriledup
Veteran

CT and PENN running on top of each other, only two east coast tracks running to my knowledge.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:57 AM   #25
WP1981

This is becoming bothersome to me now that I noticed these threads. I am sure it bothered me before but it never really clicked.

Belmont and GP were fairly close this morning with Arlington a few mins behind. Staggering properly would help churn, right? Seems like Bel would go official when the gates opened at GP.
WP1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2014, 01:02 AM   #26
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP1981
This is becoming bothersome to me now that I noticed these threads. I am sure it bothered me before but it never really clicked.

Belmont and GP were fairly close this morning with Arlington a few mins behind. Staggering properly would help churn, right? Seems like Bel would go official when the gates opened at GP.
I think its up to other tracks not to run on top of Belmont...the stronger signal with the bigger handle can run when they want, its the other tracks that need to alter their schedule.

What's bothersome is when there are only 2 tracks running and all the others are complete, and these tracks are going off at the exact same time, THAT is much more ridiculous than overlapping tracks during the main part of the day when 10 tracks or more are in action.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:21 AM   #27
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
CT and PENN running on top of each other, only two east coast tracks running to my knowledge.
Both PNG properties, so in this case, it's probably not due to laziness or indifference. It's probably intentional.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #28
Stillriledup
Veteran

The only track running, other than Hastings, is Presque Isle, which started their card 5 minutes ago.

So, what time do they run their first race? 5:25 pm. Not 5:30, not 5:20, but 5:25.

The PID horses for Race 1 were loading as the horses just hit the wire in the final race at Saratoga.

PID was the only other track running and they found a way to run their 1st race at the same time the final race at the Spa was finishing up. The start of their Pick 4.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #29
mostpost

You know what I hate? It's not the tracks starting their races at (about) the same time. It's you guys wasting my time and PA's bandwidth complaining about it. If I run a racetrack, I am interested in making sure my track is running smoothly. I can't control what the other tracks are doing and I am not going to change my schedule because another track is running late (or early). Once you start doing that, where does it end?

If I am running Arlington and move my fifth race post back five minutes to avoid a conflict with Saratoga's seventh only to find out I am in conflict with Ellis Park's seventh I would not be a happy track owner. To say nothing of the fact that any of those tracks including mine could have other unforeseen delays.

There are as many as ten major and semi-major tracks running on any given day. There are only thirty minutes in which to fit all ten of those tracks. Use your heads and stop complaining about nothing.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #30
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
You know what I hate? It's not the tracks starting their races at (about) the same time. It's you guys wasting my time and PA's bandwidth complaining about it. If I run a racetrack, I am interested in making sure my track is running smoothly. I can't control what the other tracks are doing and I am not going to change my schedule because another track is running late (or early). Once you start doing that, where does it end?

If I am running Arlington and move my fifth race post back five minutes to avoid a conflict with Saratoga's seventh only to find out I am in conflict with Ellis Park's seventh I would not be a happy track owner. To say nothing of the fact that any of those tracks including mine could have other unforeseen delays.

There are as many as ten major and semi-major tracks running on any given day. There are only thirty minutes in which to fit all ten of those tracks. Use your heads and stop complaining about nothing.
These threads have nothing to do with what you're talking about. The conflicts that are complained about are the ones like this:

1) Mountaineer running their big race exactly at the same SECOND as the Whitney, a 1.5 at America's best track (not Ellis).

2) Charlestown and Mountaineer running on top of each other when NO OTHER TRACKS are running in the entire USA.

3) Presque Isle starting their card when the final race at Saratoga is running and there are NO OTHER TRACKS running at the time.

When 14 tracks are running, we understand that you can't keep moving around post times because you will avoid one track and be on top of another, we get that, i think most of us are talking about the situations that are avoidable, not the ones that aren't.