Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:14 PM   #16
letswastemoney

I didn't watch the race, but I've always thought Mr. Speaker has been slightly overrated because of his family and connections. They should give him another try on dirt and let him try to go wire to wire on that surface.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #17
Thebigguy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
I didn't watch the race, but I've always thought Mr. Speaker has been slightly overrated because of his family and connections. They should give him another try on dirt and let him try to go wire to wire on that surface.
Here we go again from you. Before the race nothing but now hes slightly overrated? He didn't have it today, period. His last turf race before today he was 10x the best, and then he rolled in a stakes over the synthetic. How is he overrated at all??
Thebigguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2014, 12:11 AM   #18
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebigguy
Here we go again from you. Before the race nothing but now hes slightly overrated? He didn't have it today, period. His last turf race before today he was 10x the best, and then he rolled in a stakes over the synthetic. How is he overrated at all??
He's always going to have the tie to Personal Ensign, which pedigree handicappers will love.

I watched the Lexington Stakes and thought he got a dream trip drafting inside the pocket and tipping out when the hole opened.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2014, 10:32 PM   #19
Silver florin
Apprentice

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Did you think it was a good ride? Do you think the guy did a smart thing by rushing his horse to the lead so he can be pinned in the 1 path having a no hoper press him the entire mile and an 8th?
I started a thread about him about 3 weeks ago, the thread dint get 1 reply,it might be a good idea to bet back the horses he's been riding if he is taken off of them. He might be a good rider but he is been riding like an apprentice lately. .http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...74#post1634374
Silver florin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2014, 11:57 PM   #20
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver florin
I started a thread about him about 3 weeks ago, the thread dint get 1 reply,it might be a good idea to bet back the horses he's been riding if he is taken off of them. He might be a good rider but he is been riding like an apprentice lately. .http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...74#post1634374
Hmmm, interesting. Thank you SF.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2014, 06:41 AM   #21
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

His ride on Hope Cross in the 9th on Monday was a much worse effort. What was the point in challenging Lady Lavery so early?

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2014, 06:51 AM   #22
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Over Run
His ride on Hope Cross in the 9th on Monday was a much worse effort. What was the point in challenging Lady Lavery so early?
Had no problem w/that...not getting down, not scrubbing, ect...just coasting to finish and getting beat w/no effort...that's THE part I didn't care for....

Back too original topic...he had NO horse in Mr. Speaker...no problem w/that ride at all...there was NO speed...50+ is crawling...like a morning work-out in company...something is wrong w/the horse...

Last edited by sammy the sage; 05-28-2014 at 06:55 AM.
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #23
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
Had no problem w/that...not getting down, not scrubbing, ect...just coasting to finish and getting beat w/no effort...that's THE part I didn't care for....

Back too original topic...he had NO horse in Mr. Speaker...no problem w/that ride at all...there was NO speed...50+ is crawling...like a morning work-out in company...something is wrong w/the horse...
Jocks don't normally shove horses out of the gate in long turf races and then put themselves in a position to have to wire the field with another horse breathing on their neck the entire way.

Its possible that Mr Speaker is a fragile horse from a mental standpoint, so its possible that him being "all done" was because he was ridden like a warrior, but maybe he's a chicken heart who only runs if he's given a different ride?

I do agree with you that he "Gave it up" way too easily, even considering the trip, but some horses can't be ridden that way, they just chuck it and he might have been one of those horses.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #24
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Jocks don't normally shove horses out of the gate in long turf races and then put themselves in a position to have to wire the field with another horse breathing on their neck the entire way.

Its possible that Mr Speaker is a fragile horse from a mental standpoint, so its possible that him being "all done" was because he was ridden like a warrior, but maybe he's a chicken heart who only runs if he's given a different ride?

I do agree with you that he "Gave it up" way too easily, even considering the trip, but some horses can't be ridden that way, they just chuck it and he might have been one of those horses.
Lez listened to SRU, rode the horse like he should have been ridden last time, and the results were astounding.

Retrospectively, its pretty hard to believe that this horse was in a position last time to get beat, in a race he never should have lost. If he rode this horse last time like he rode the other day, he wins that race too.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:26 AM   #25
westny

Quote:
Lez listened to SRU, rode the horse like he should have been ridden last time, and the results were astounding.

Retrospectively, its pretty hard to believe that this horse was in a position last time to get beat, in a race he never should have lost. If he rode this horse last time like he rode the other day, he wins that race too.

Mr Speaker redeemed himself and won 600k plus winning that G-1 against a good field

Nice ride by Lescano. Horse has gumption...squeezed through on the rail between horses
westny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2014, 05:19 AM   #26
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westny
Mr Speaker redeemed himself and won 600k plus winning that G-1 against a good field

Nice ride by Lescano. Horse has gumption...squeezed through on the rail between horses
Yes, tremendous redemption by Lezcano, he rode this horse how he needs to be ridden, great job by him, he got it done.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #27
Stillriledup
Veteran

LC is the only jock at belmont who would have finished up the track with the 2 horse in the first at belmont today. Hes throwing lines at the horse to be on e front end pinned in the 1 path and pressured all the way. This is the same thing he did w mr speaker in this original thread.

King pinhead.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:11 PM   #28
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
LC is the only jock at belmont who would have finished up the track with the 2 horse in the first at belmont today. Hes throwing lines at the horse to be on e front end pinned in the 1 path and pressured all the way. This is the same thing he did w mr speaker in this original thread.

King pinhead.
He has the choppiest hands of any supposedly good turf rider that I have seen in years but in this case I think he was a rabbit for the winner.

At the very least, he didn't break well, hustled to get the lead and was committed to it.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #29
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Regardless, to me, he is still a master pin head.

Every time I see him in the paddock, I call him steel hands lezcano.

His hands are so rough sometimes, he reminds me of I Beato. He BY FAR, has the worst hands that I have EVER seen.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2015, 03:20 PM   #30
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
He has the choppiest hands of any supposedly good turf rider that I have seen in years but in this case I think he was a rabbit for the winner.

At the very least, he didn't break well, hustled to get the lead and was committed to it.
The 2 is a gorgeous horse with upside, not sure why they would manage her like that. But if you use lezcano you get what you deserve i guess.