Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #31
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtheyreoff
There's a $1,000,000 bonus for any horse who wins the Los Alamitos Derby, the Pacific Classic, and the Breeders' Cup Classic. I would expect Shared Belief would try to win the bonus.
Well that certainly makes sense. Thanks.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #32
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtheyreoff
There's a $1,000,000 bonus for any horse who wins the Los Alamitos Derby, the Pacific Classic, and the Breeders' Cup Classic. I would expect Shared Belief would try to win the bonus.
i remember when there was a $5 million bonus for winning the triple crown, this task is much harder and its less money!
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #33
Dark Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i remember when there was a $5 million bonus for winning the triple crown, this task is much harder and its less money!
This is harder? In the case of Shared Belief it's more or less an extra million for the BC Classic. Who's going to beat him in the Pacific Classic? Chrome is looking at a prep race at Los Alamitos before the BC Classic.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #34
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I though Del Mar was going back to turf?
Not this year?

As to SB yesterday, he beat a couple of horse that are far removed fro what will be in the PC, dirt of poly. It was a very good field yesterday. A Baffert quitter, a sprinter who failed to stretch out, and a third stringer. He looked good, but he should have. Wait until he meets real; horses.
PC?

Last edited by Tom; 07-06-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #35
Dark Horse

Can't wait for him to run against that East coast champ. What's his name again? Wait-til-he-meets-real-horses?
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #36
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

He hasn't beaten any real good 3yos yet, the PC is for older horses.
You know, Game on Dude, horses who have beaten GOD.......real horses.
I doubt he could beat 3 year olds Toanalist, Bayern...proven horses.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #37
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

I suspect we haven't seen what SB can really do, yet. Sure he had a dream trip, but then good horses often create that dream trip. The pre-race strategy was to be patient, but up front, and that's exactly what they got. Candy Boy looked strong at the top of the stretch, but not even close to a match for SB, the horse just walked away from him in the lane, winning impressively with no whip at all.

If he stays healthy, who knows what this horse can do? Looking forward to his next race, regardless of surface or locale.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #38
breezing

he ran an easy 147.01, we'll see if his feet hold up but i am looking forward to seeing what else he's got.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #39
Rex Phinney

There is something about an undefeated horse that warrants respect.

FWIW I think this one is still just getting warmed up on his way back. I like that the horse took the time off and has come back with the strong desire to win, that is not always a given.

I was there the day this horse won the Cashcall, it was off the charts good. At that point in time there is no doubt SB was better than Chrome. Chrome has certainly accomplished alot since then, but the rest of this year he has to get back in training and to be honest I don't see him coming back to the same form he had before. It just strikes me as a once in a career type run.

All the while Shared Belief has a 6 month break, just ran 9 furlongs faster than Chrome ever has, all in a package full of talent. I hope they do run him in the Pacific Classic, that's a tough race for a 3YO, and if he pulled out a win there it would be huge.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #40
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I though Del Mar was going back to turf?
Not this year?

As to SB yesterday, he beat a couple of horse that are far removed fro what will be in the PC, dirt of poly. It was a very good field yesterday. A Baffert quitter, a sprinter who failed to stretch out, and a third stringer. He looked good, but he should have. Wait until he meets real; horses.
PC?
I assume you mean going back to dirt? That is 2015.

I agree the Pacific Classic is a bit of a reach, all the more reason I hope they do it. If the horse won the Pacific Classic he would basically be back in the top 5 horse conversation in smashing fashion.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #41
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Ooops. Yes, dirt.
Hey, I hope SB turns out to be a real deal - God knows we don't have very many and most of them don't run much anyways. Or last long.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #42
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
This task is spread out over more time. Yes, winning the BC classic is definitely harder (being against fully open company).. but in terms of prep cycle it is possible and a lot of times really good 3 yos mature enough to beat older horses in the BC classic.

Besides winning the Classic takes care of all sorts of bonuses.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply