Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
Grits

Owners step forward in response to Jockey Club

Quote:
A large and growing number of prominent Thoroughbred owners and trainers have voluntarily pledged to make available to the public veterinary records of their horses competing in graded stakes races in the United States and Canada, The Jockey Club announced today.
http://www.jockeyclub.com/Default.as...ea=0&story=704

Quote:
The current list of owners and trainers includes Adena Springs (Frank Stronach), John Amerman, Roger Attfield (trainer), Antony Beck, Gary Biszantz, , Bill Casner, Mark Casse, Claiborne Farm, Christophe Clement (trainer), Darley and Godolphin (HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum), Adele Dilschneider, Dogwood Stable (Cot Campbell), Neil Drysdale (trainer), Will Farish, Glen Hill Farm, Harris Farms (John Harris), Stuart S. Janney III, Live Oak Stud (Charlotte Weber), D. Wayne Lukas (trainer), Earle Mack, Richard Mandella (trainer), Michael Matz (trainer), Shug McGaughey (trainer), Kenny McPeek (trainer), Bill Mott (trainer), Phipps Stable (Ogden Mills Phipps), Pin Oak Stud (Josephine Abercrombie), Dr. Hiram Polk Jr., Dr. J. David Richardson, John Shirreffs (trainer), Al Stall Jr. (trainer), Dallas Stewart (trainer), Stella Thayer, Stonestreet Stables (Barbara Banke), Three Chimneys Farm (Robert Clay and Borges Torrealba), Tic Stable (Ian Highet), West Point Thoroughbreds (Terry Finley), Peter Willmott, Ian Wilkes (trainer), WinStar Farm (Kenny Troutt), and Woodford Racing (Bill Farish).
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

It's embarrassing watching these groups step all over each other trying to placate the player.

Why not all records? And btw, who's going to have the time to read all these records? What format? Lots of questions , and they all lead back to ground zero. Too little too late
Old 04-17-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

When i read the title "owners step forward" i was thinking they were offering to help out their own game...but then, i realized that its the customer who's going to pay for ALL that the game needs thru raised takeouts. Horse owners, trainers and jocks will continue to make exactly what they always make.

And not a penny less.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
It's embarrassing watching these groups step all over each other trying to placate the player.

Why not all records? And btw, who's going to have the time to read all these records? What format? Lots of questions , and they all lead back to ground zero. Too little too late
Yep, I agree. Why not all? I also like how the Jockey Club, which has done nothing as the game has sunk to low levels, suddenly has all the fixes.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
chadk66

they're just trying to head off congress
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #6
Grits

The list grows by the hour.

http://jockeyclub.com/pdfs/pledge_list.pdf

I agree, Chadk.

"Either you folks fix it or we'll fix it for you. Thank you." --signed, Your Federal Government.

This is a reactive statement to a problem that should've been proactive long, long ago. Yet, I'm still confused as to why the vet records of a stakes horse is of greater importance than one who can't run quite as fast as to be in stakes company. For those wagering... all their money is the same why can't all the horses be treated the same?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:36 PM   #7
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits

I agree, Chadk.

"Either you folks fix it or we'll fix it for you. Thank you." --signed, Your Federal Government.

This is a reactive statement to a problem that should've been proactive long, long ago. Yet, I'm still confused as to why the vet records of a stakes horse is of greater importance than one who can't run quite as fast as to be in stakes company. For those wagering... all their money is the same why can't all the horses be treated the same?
What will be the gain or benefit? I am very confident any illegal drugs or non-testable drugs administered would not be recorded in the vet records.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
What will be the gain or benefit? I am very confident any illegal drugs or non-testable drugs administered would not be recorded in the vet records.
Nothing. 99% of race fans won't even look at these reports as they really won't help all that much in the "handicapping process" which is all most people care about.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #9
Grits

SMTW, as I wrote, its reactive.

I didn't state there would be--either--gain or benefit. And of course, every one of us know, it could give new meaning to.. "this one's off the record."
Old 04-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #10
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
SMTW, as I wrote, its reactive.

I didn't state there would be--either--gain or benefit. And of course, every one of us know, it could give new meaning to.. "this one's off the record."
I agree with you about it being reactive. I was asking in general how this proposed disclosure would be of any benefit as the administered drugs would definitely be off the record.

My comment was not meant as a criticism of your posting. I should have been clearer about my comment.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #11
Grits

Don't think a thing of it, SMTW, I know you weren't being critical. At this point, honestly speaking, I'm weary of all of it, so I just share links when I read them elsewhere so that everyone here can see them.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #12
BIG49010

It will be interesting reading what's in a horse, if Ness or Pletcher sign up
Old 04-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #13
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
there lies the problem.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #14
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
there lies the problem.
Exactly. The cheaters are not going to have any kind of paper trail on their 'methods' and what they're using.

Also, these "high security" methods for the Grade 1 races is also a bunch of BS, they must think horseplayers are idiots....let the crooks cheat in 99.7% of the races and clean up the .3 percent and we're going to be like "YAY THE GAME IS CLEAN". Horseplayers are smarter than that, we weren't born yesterday, when you "Clean up" a few races a year, that "Cleaning up" has nothing to do with making sure the bettors have a clean product to bet on, if they really cared, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #15
thespaah

Quote:

I agree, Chadk.

Pretty simple. Once an industry attracts the attention of government authorities, the best way to encourage government take a seat at the industry's table is to show an inability to police itself.
I learned that when I was taking courses to prepare for a real estate appraisal licensing exam.
Once the government gets in the front door, well. You know...

Last edited by thespaah; 04-17-2014 at 10:34 PM.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: