Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #16
ten2oneormore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Over Run
Yeah, they were two of the most dominant 2/3 year olds to ever hit a race track.... BB smoked a group of overmatched MSW foes on the turf closing day at SAR in his only race at 2; And SJ won two races at Philly Park, a MSW and PA Bred Stakes Race..... At 3, they each had their ~ 6 months of fame. SJ couldn't even get back to racing after the Belmont and was still crippled a year later. BB couldn't even finish the Belmont, although he did manage to win two stakes races at Monmouth that were essentially written for him to win.
Sorry if I took for granted everyone understanding that a post in the forum ***TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL*** would relate to that time of year.

The point of being dominant is being much better than your crop regardless of their ability.However you will have a hard time finding any 3 year old ever that was faster going into the Derby ,Preakness, and Belmont than Big Brown and Smarty Jones.

I can get you started , it's not California Chrome.

Last edited by ten2oneormore; 04-10-2014 at 07:43 AM.
ten2oneormore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #17
depalma113

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten2oneormore
However you will have a hard time finding any 3 year old ever that was faster going into the Derby ,Preakness, and Belmont than Big Brown and Smarty Jones.
Is this a joke or did you start watching horse racing in 2004?
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #18
ten2oneormore

Quote:
Sorry if I took for granted everyone understanding that a post in the forum ***TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL*** would relate to that time of year.

The point of being dominant is being much better than your crop regardless of their ability.However you will have a hard time finding any 3 year old ever that was faster going into the Derby ,Preakness, and Belmont than Big Brown and Smarty Jones.

*Many 3 year olds

I should clarify before someone says I think they are better than Secretariat.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #19
ten2oneormore

nvm guess I was too late
Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #20
ten2oneormore

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113
Is this a joke or did you start watching horse racing in 2004?
I stated what I meant in my first post.No need for the bs semantics but I'll fix it so we don't have to go through the I remember when nonsense.

Quote:
Come on guys California Chrome doesn't belong in the same sentence as the horses you mention.

Big Brown and Smarty Jones were two of the most dominant 2/3 year olds ever.They were also undefeated at this point while CC has been beaten several times.CC hasn't even left Cali yet while Big Brown and Smarty had already won in NY/FL & PA/NY/ARK.

The point of being dominant is being much better than your crop regardless of their ability.However you will have a hard time finding many 3 year olds ever that were faster going into the Derby ,Preakness, and Belmont than Big Brown and Smarty Jones.

Last edited by ten2oneormore; 04-10-2014 at 08:40 AM.
ten2oneormore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #21
SecretAgentMan

If I'm.not mistaken, doesn't Chrome have better times in his last 2 races than Smarty Jones did in any of his races or Big Brown?

I know there is a bias at Santa Anita but when a horse is fast & good at Santa Anita, the excuse of the bias pops up.

I for one love to see derby horses run at different tracks, then you have a better feel for them......

Silver Charm ran at 2 tracks, Real Quiet at 5 tracks, F.Pegasus at 3 tracks & Ill Have Another at 4 tracks before the derby.

All Cali horses........Chrome raced at 3 different Cali tracks.......Silver Charm at 2 Cali tracks.......it means nothing, if the horse is good, it shows.

I would like to see Chrome work over the Churchill track but Art said he won't do that which should have Chrome backers nervous.

Last edited by SecretAgentMan; 04-10-2014 at 04:40 PM.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #22
Robert Fischer
clean money

Big Brown's Florida Derby showed more class than anything California Chrome has done so far.

Santa Anita Derby was definitely Chrome's best display of class, because he overcame some bumping, but we haven't seen a lot of going against the grain from him yet.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #23
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Big Brown's Florida Derby showed more class than anything California Chrome has done so far.

Santa Anita Derby was definitely Chrome's best display of class, because he overcame some bumping, but we haven't seen a lot of going against the grain from him yet.

Smarty's 1st q mile in Ark derby was :46, Big Browns was :45, definitely faster paces up front than Chromes 1st q mile but the final time of Chrome was better. IMO, if Espinoza doesn't slow Chrome down in the stretch, the final time IMO is 1:45.......
Old 04-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #24
Smarty Cide
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Over Run
Yeah, they were two of the most dominant 2/3 year olds to ever hit a race track.... BB smoked a group of overmatched MSW foes on the turf closing day at SAR in his only race at 2; And SJ won two races at Philly Park, a MSW and PA Bred Stakes Race..... At 3, they each had their ~ 6 months of fame. SJ couldn't even get back to racing after the Belmont and was still crippled a year later. BB couldn't even finish the Belmont, although he did manage to win two stakes races at Monmouth that were essentially written for him to win.

big browns haskell was a good race, i was there fr that bet a shit load on him almost had a heart attack... great race
Smarty Cide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #25
Smarty Cide
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebigguy
1/3 of your tosses wont even be in the race.
California Chrome and Constitution are 2 horses Im strongly against, and wont even include on deep spread exotic wagers.
Uncle Sigh is a very good horse who ran much better then it looks on paper last Saturday.

can i take your bets?
Smarty Cide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #26
porchy44

California Chrome

I'm tossing California Chrome. And,Yes he has a "decent" chance of winning. Reasons:

1. Underlay. This games about looking for overlays.
2. The Bandwagon Horse. Reminds me of an undefeated college football team in which people say they can beat a pro team until the day their defeated.
3. Lesser chance of taking a step forward in comparison,to more lightly raced 3 year olds. (I.E. Wicked Strongs huge improvement).
4. The unknown. 20 horse field. Extra 1/8 mile distance for every horse.
5. Unproven off West coast. Not sure of trainers shipping record though.
Maybe someone can chime in on this one.
6. Why are 2 maidens in the Santa Anita Derby?
7. Early speed horse at a 1 1/4 at Churchhill Downs with a race full of speed balls.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #27
RunDustyRun

Ring Weekend....Motion's last two Derby horses finished first and fourth at big odds...Went the Day Well had a terrible trip (ride) and should have been at least second....not sure if RW was tuned up at Calder, more a glorified training run where the owners could cash a check on a now expensive gelding ibnstead of stallion....not saying he will win, but not throwing him out of the super....Chrome is the undeniable favorite, I'll taker Bobby's Kitten as I believe he is the best three year old.
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 10:51 PM   #28
SecretAgentMan

Bobby's Kitten has been trying to wire the field past 2 races. That's not a way you want your horse going into the derby after being able to rate in previous races. Want to see him run in the Bluegrass & if he tries to wire the field again, he's an easy throw out for me.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:10 AM   #29
precocity
Veteran

THROW OUT GM Ring Weekend? REMEMBER WENT THE DAY WELL FOR THE SUPER?
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2014, 12:12 AM   #30
precocity
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer

WELL SAID SIR!
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply