Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
Flysofree
Veteran

What is your Favorite Software for handicapping?

My other thread is closed...so be careful not to offend. Peace Love happiness and may all your tickets cash
Flysofree is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2014, 11:35 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

My favorite software is whatever eponies is selling. Are they selling any?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
Flysofree
Veteran

Their software is called one click pony....I'm not a big fan. But I will say this. The owner was one of the first that I saw put out his figures for free on what he called the digital chalk line, initially. Why the name change to e-ponies..not sure.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #4
fight

epony

pa do you get defalt sheet or something else? and is there a factor you really like?
fight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight
pa do you get defalt sheet or something else? and is there a factor you really like?
Sorry...my reply was meant to be sarcastic.

I'm a dick like that sometimes...
Old 03-31-2014, 05:37 PM   #6
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Easy to answer, my favorite software is my software - LOL.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #7
Chachie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Easy to answer, my favorite software is my software - LOL.
It would be mine too if I could wrap my thick head around it.
Chachie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 11:15 PM   #8
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

If anybody knew they'd know and it would be game over.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #9
turninforhome10

Quickhorse. 95 dollars and PPS for every track FREE. Was a sharp learning curve, but making your own methods is the only way to go. Love it and it has changed my game dramatically. The customer service rocks and Mike will work with you if you have ideas to make the product better.
turninforhome10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Is that a yearly subscription price of $95?

I wonder how they are able to offer up PPs for free without violating some sort of Equibase clause (I can't imagine they are swallowing all the cost of being able to license the data from Equibase or one of their partners).

And their software is also able to use BrisNet files...this doesn't quite sound kosher to me...maybe someone can explain.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:07 PM   #11
lsosa54

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Is that a yearly subscription price of $95?

I wonder how they are able to offer up PPs for free without violating some sort of Equibase clause (I can't imagine they are swallowing all the cost of being able to license the data from Equibase or one of their partners).

And their software is also able to use BrisNet files...this doesn't quite sound kosher to me...maybe someone can explain.
Looks like they might get their "free" data from charts, which I guess are free, and then they calculate their own speed and other ratings:

QuickHorse's FREE Data Description
We have named all data using the same names we use for the Brisnet Pay Data so that you can find information on this data in the Library at Brisnet.
However, it is important to note, so that there is no confusion regarding our Free Data, that although it is named the same as the Brisnet Data, for those items of data we calculate, our calculations are different, and therefore our data is different from that of the Brisnet Pay Data. QuickReckoning, makers of QuickHorse software, can not emphasize this enough to the experienced PAY DATA user and Handicapper.
As an example, consider one data item which is called "OUTING_BRISSR" which is described by QuickHorse as "Calculated Data - Bris Speed Rating (FC)". If you are using PAY DATA, then the definition of this data item can be found on the Brisnet Library Web Site using the link above (Pay Data item is called BrisSR). A Bris Speed Rating Calculation is unknown to our programmers here at QuickReckoning, and, therefore, we calculate our own Speed Ratings using our own ideas on statistics. The bottom line is, you can choose our free data or Brisnet's data which you pay to use, but you should understand the differences and that is what this User's Guide Section attempts to explain.
Even though calculated data is different, much of the data is the same. As examples of data which are the same consider: the various position calls, and lengths beaten, along with fractional times. These measured parameters have the same source for both Brisnet and QuickHorse - the track from which the race results are reported.
Regardless of which data you use, you may find some or all of our pre-programmed methods useful at the tracks you play. We recommend always having a history of at least 100 races for a particular track and track profile
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #12
bgbootha

I am another one who can answer.....my favorite software is my own! Love it because I made it.
bgbootha is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #13
Ocala Mike

My favorite software for handicapping is my recliner, a felt-tip pen, the PP's, and one of my fuzzy cats curled up in my lap trying to help me pick a winner.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #14
Eddie W
pick6 placeall

My Favorite Software is.....Prof-Jones Level 6
period.....TCB
Eddie W is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #15
Flysofree
Veteran

I don't have a favorite, but do like BetMix... I'm still looking at it in the 2nd week of a month's subscription. It is a little pricy for me at $50/ month; but offers quite a bit in the way of handicapping with numbers. I'm a pure novice in the game.