Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:07 PM   #61
Investorater

I'll Respond

I don't type only for sam. I type for everybody. It is not all about you.

I'm not betting the race. - I'm keeping track of my top eight Kentucky Derby

contenders point scores. - Got It. Firing Line might win.

DortMan I predict wins the Roses, , , , , , , ,
Investorater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #62
SecretAgentMan

Lmao, why do you think I thought your statement was for me? I respond to whatever I want & I give my opinion, & my opinion goes into detail most times, whether you like it or not......& Dortmund won't be winning the derby, but good luck, lol!
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #63
Investorater

You don't merit any more responses. This is PA's thread.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:00 AM   #64
Investorater

Post \O/

In post #52 of this thread I stated to cross compare all times but I prefer to use numbers because of course it would be much easier to visualize the relationships of significance.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:08 AM   #65
Investorater

Cool Update on Top Eight

InteRnational Star --> 71 points

Dortmund (Dortman) --> 70 points

Firing Line --> 58 points - Sire: Line Of David (Lion Heart) Dam: Sister Girl Blues (Hold For Gold)

Itsaknockout --> 50 points \O/

Upstart --> 36 points

OchoOchoOcho --> 10 points

*Curlino --> 0 points

Ocean Knight -- 0 points

*Man.......I firmly believe that if CURLINO...ever returns to racing that he will be a very good colt with a high earnings capacity....
Old 03-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #66
Investorater

Exclamation Florida Derby*

Of the Pletcher entries I think Materiality will finish in front of Itsaknockout after the Florida Derby. (Upstart is in post #9)

. . . . . . .And my reasoning is as follows, the colt already has a 1 1/8 mile race over the course in which he won the Islamorada Handicap on March 6th (had a work on 3/21) and is coming back to race in 22 days.

Yes, I fully realize Materiality (son of Afleet Alex) is lightly raced and is stepping up.

P. S. If I'm wrong - I Don't Care!_______Go DORTMAN, , , , , , , ,
Old 03-28-2015, 07:18 PM   #67
Investorater

Thumbs up *Materiality*

\O/ \o/ GO DORTMAN . . . . . . . .

Last edited by Investorater; 03-28-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:57 PM   #68
Investorater

Louisiana Derby

InteRnational Star prevails in the Louisiana Derby. As I recall and my word will have to be taken since I wasn't a member of this board in 2000. If not so be it.

I had the Sire of I S - Fusaichi Pegasus to Win/Place when he went off as the favorite and was bucking a trend because no favorite had won the Ky Derby in so many years. (since Spectacular Bid in 1979) just like when Big Brown won from post #20.

P.S. Afleet Alex was my choice in 2005.

GO DORTMUND
Old 04-03-2015, 09:47 AM   #69
Investorater

Thumbs up Santa Anita Derby

I'm sure everyone knows that as distances increase class becomes an important factor especially among the graded stakes in-the-money 3-year-old's.

Following a long layoff, as a horse player I would say that the best known pattern of stretching out from a sprint race to a route race is two sprint races.

The Dort last raced on 3/7 so two sprint drills in fast time is perfect for the colt. He is not fully conditioned and will probably still finish 1ST / 2ND _ 3RD _ 4TH and close up.

Dorty \O/ relaxes and rates well. D's style seems to fit this particular field when he does his best running, , , , , , , ,

DortMan won an Allowance Optional Claiming race at one mile at Churchill Downs from post position #12 in a twelve horse field, winning by 7 3/4 lengths as a two-year-old. The colt has a solid racing foundation. He will now be at post #1 in the gate.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:02 AM   #70
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investorater
I'm sure everyone knows that as distances increase class becomes an important factor especially among the graded stakes in-the-money 3-year-old's.

Following a long layoff, as a horse player I would say that the best known pattern of stretching out from a sprint race to a route race is two sprint races.

The Dort last raced on 3/7 so two sprint drills in fast time is perfect for the colt. He is not fully conditioned and will probably still finish 1ST / 2ND _ 3RD _ 4TH and close up.

Dorty \O/ relaxes and rates well. D's style seems to fit this particular field when he does his best running, , , , , , , ,

DortMan won an Allowance Optional Claiming race at one mile at Churchill Downs from post position #12 in a twelve horse field, winning by 7 3/4 lengths as a two-year-old. The colt has a solid racing foundation. He will now be at post #1 in the gate.
I'm not sure what the hell this means.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2015, 10:18 AM   #71
Investorater

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
I'm not sure what the hell this means.

Then you have a reading comprehension problem.

Dortmund is my Ky Derby horse. . . . . . . .\O/
Old 04-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #72
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investorater
Then you have a reading comprehension problem.

Dortmund is my Ky Derby horse. . . . . . . .\O/
You just said in 5 words, way more than your previous post.

The Big D will be tough. But he will be beat in Kentucky.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2015, 10:31 AM   #73
Investorater

\O/

Thanks for your opinion!
Old 04-04-2015, 10:07 AM   #74
Investorater

Thumbs up DORTMUND

Dortmund will be fully cranked by Baffert and at peak form for the Kentucky Derby. The only horse in my estimation who can beat him is American Pharoah.

Go DortMan .......

P.S. If I owned The Dort and was calling the shots. I'd rest him from the 9 furlong race until the 14th on which day I would work him 6f from the gate in say...1:13.00 hg. Six days later on the 20th a 7f drill in 1:24.80 h. or thereabout. And finally on the 27th five days before the big dance I'd have the colt worked 5f in 59:40 h. . . . . . . . And the above is my KY Derby theory.

Gotta jog the colt between drills to keep the horse limber. Dortmund would then be ready to wear the Roses on the first Saturday in May. \O/ \o/

May all horses from the three major preps return to their stalls safely.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:15 PM   #75
Investorater

Triple Crown Races

Fractional time is a keynote to the class and speed of a race horse.

IMHO breeding is not the most important factor of handicapping the Triple Crown races but it does have its place and shouldn't be ignored. CLASS is very important but class without FITNESS has no value.

A colt or filly that has faced the best competition will in a great many cases, be the horse to beat regardless of any other factor except physical condition through races and works. \O/

Of course, in a twenty horse field there will always exist the element of racing luck.

GO BIG DORTMUND --> , , , , , , , , , , . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .