Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > 2013 PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, sponsored by RDSS > RDSS Sartin/Bradshaw Memorial 'Road to the Roses' 2013

View Poll Results: Have you read and agree to abide by ALL contest rules?
Yes 104 99.05%
No 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Rules Acknowledgement and Acceptance Poll

OBJECTIVES

1. To accumulate the highest Bankroll over 30 selectable contest races.

RULES

1. In order to participate and have their selections scored, a player must acknowledge that they have read the contest rules and agree to abide by them by voting "Yes" in the poll at the top of this thread.

The poll will only let you vote one time, so if you have any questions, never vote "no", but first seek an improved understanding by sending me a private message or posting your question in this thread. Once you are comfortable with the rules, you can go back and vote "yes" under the poll.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: To the right of the poll on the same line as the "Yes" option you will see an underlined number in blue, which serves as a summary. Clicking on that number will show you the names of those who have voted yes. If at the time a day's selections are scored your name is not listed, your selections for that day will not be scored. Only the underlined blue summary will be used to determine player compliance to this rule, so do not post below in this thread to indicate that you have read and agree to abide by the contest rules.

This is an individual player event, and each person is limited to a single entry.

The Contest consists of 30 player-selectable thoroughbred races running from Saturday, March 9th to Saturday, April 20th, 2013. Selections may be made on any thoroughbred race run in North America with posted entries and results in Equibase (www.equibase.com), with the exception of Los Alamitos and Rillito Park. Within the 30 player-selectable races, a minimum of 8 of those races must come from the 12 available Graded stakes (Kentucky Derby prep) races listed at the bottom of the rules. (The number of manditory and available manditory races is different from last year.).

NOTE: To meet eligibility requirements, participants must play EXACTLY 30 races.

4. Play is allowed any day. (This rule is different from last year.)

5. Players may play a maximum of four individual races on any given day. (This rule is different from last year.).

6. In the event of a cancelled race, a player will receive a refund, and subject race will not count towards the player's total races played. In the event of a scratch, a player will receive a refund for those plays affected. If scratches result in the player having no remaining live tickets, subject race shall not count against the player's total races played. If any live tickets remain, the player will be scored on those wagers, and the race will count against the player's total races played.

To place an "official play" and receive credit for the results, the play must be posted at least one minute prior to the "official off time" as stated at Equibase. Players may modify their selections at any time, provided it also meets the one minute before race off time requirement. It is the Player’s responsibility to ensure that their PaceAdvantage time stamp is correct. (Because edits are required, postings are not allowed to contain "alternate" selections.).

If the selection time stamp and the "official off time" are the same or later, the selections will be scored as follows:
-- Any tickets that end up as winners will be considered "no plays", that is, no winnings will be added to the player's bankroll, and refunds will be given.
-- All losing tickets will be scored as losses, and no refunds will be given.

8. Coupled Entries will be handled like they are at the track, and as such, a player accepts action on all horses in that coupling. Should a portion of an entry scratch, the player will still have action on the remaining portion still in the race. A player can not selectively choose one part of an entry to the exclusion of the other(s). Note: Players still have the option to edit their selections should they believe they are stuck with the undesired portion of an entry. (This rule is different from last year.)

Bankroll and Wagering Format

-- Players may make Win, Place or Exacta bets, or any combination thereof, using a maximum of 3 distinct betting interests per race.
-- All players start the contest with a $2,000 Bankroll
-- A player can wager a maximum of 10% of their Starting bankroll on any contest day, which can be spread on as many as four different races. Subject daily wagering amounts are to be calculated by rounding down to the nearest $1. Important Note: For clarity purposes, the "Starting Bankroll" is defined as the player's Bankroll in place PRIOR to their first wager for a given contest day.
--
All bets have a minimum base amount $1, and each individual wager total must be at least $2. There is no minimum bet per race other than reaching the $2.00 threshold, however, each player gets only 30 races to grow your bankroll, so consider wisely.

10. Every effort will be made to keep up-to-date standings. That said, a player is ultimately responsible for knowing their bankroll and maximum daily wager amount. Should a player overbet, his/her wagers will be reduced automatically in the usual manner, which is to reduce their last wager base amount by $1, and continue working backwards until all of the day's wagering is in compliance.

11. The contest officially ends with the running of the Lexington at Keeneland on April 20th. Warning: Given that participants must play exactly 30 races in order to qualify for prizes and award points, don't get stuck needing one more race and using one that goes off AFTER the Lexington. It will cause you to not meet eligibility requirements!

12. For registered RDSS users who want to qualify for the $510 in RDSS Bonus Prizes, they must be paid-up RDSS subscribers as of April 1, 2013.

The moderators or their designate will have the final say on any scoring matters. This contest is intended to be played in good faith and in the "spirit of the game"!

14. Contest Stakes Events
(8 of 12 races are mandatory plays):

March 09 -- Tampa Bay Downs, "Tampa Bay Derby", 8.5f
March 09 -- Santa Anita, "San Felipe", 8.5f

March 16 -- Oaklawn Park, "Rebel", 8.5f

March 23 -- Turfway Park, "Spiral", 9f

March 24 -- Sunland Park, "Sunland Derby", 9f

March 30 -- Gulfsteam Park, "Florida Derby", 9f
March 30 -- Fairgrounds, "Louisiana Derby", 9f

April 06 -- Aqueduct, "Wood Memorial", 9f
April 06 -- Santa Anita, "Santa Anita Derby", 9f

April 13 -- Oaklawn Park, "Arkansas Derby", 9f
April 13 -- Keeneland, "Blue Grass", 9f

April 20 -- Keeneland, "Lexington", 8.5f

Competition Ends with this Race

SUGGESTION: Players can become more familiar with this contest by looking thru the 2012 thread, which is currently on the CONTEST main page, --> here.

Good skill to ALL.

Most recent rules update is 03/05/2013

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-06-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added link to 2012 Contest, end date, update Bonus Prize
Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
bpiets
Veteran

'i' am sure 'i' said yes already..lol..hope so...
Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
hitbids

I am confused as to where I would go to actually make the wagers? I tried to register at the linked provided for said equibase but was DRF. I can't register on DRF because I live in Texas.

Regards
Old 03-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitbids
I am confused as to where I would go to actually make the wagers? I tried to register at the linked provided for said equibase but was DRF. I can't register on DRF because I live in Texas.

Regards
You are entered by virtue of answering "YES" to the Poll question, so you are in. A seperate thread will be started for Saturday, March 9th and every subsequent day of the contest. You post your daily plays in the appropriate thread. DRF has nothing to do with anything.

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 03-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
Track Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitbids

Regards
Hello hitbids,

Jay responded as I was getting ready to do the same.

The only thing I would add is that one of the purposes of rule#3 was to tell players which tracks you could and could not make selections on, and equibase would be the reference point. If we did not do this, some creative players would make selections on some obscure, not well known, fair track. Any other questions, let us know.

Welcome aboard!

Chris
Old 03-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #6
hitbids

Thank you. This will be fun.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Players may make Win, Place or Exacta bets, or any combination thereof, using a maximum of 3 distinct betting interests per race.
Just for clarification, when you say "3 distinct betting interests per race" that would mean you can't do a 4 horse exacta box or an exacta wheel with one horse. No show betting is allowed. Correct on all points?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #8
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Just for clarification, when you say "3 distinct betting interests per race" that would mean you can't do a 4 horse exacta box or an exacta wheel with one horse. No show betting is allowed. Correct on all points?
-- Players may make Win, Place or Exacta bets, or any combination thereof, using a maximum of 3 distinct betting interests per race.

Mostly right! You could do an Exacta Wheel 2 with 3,5. Win, Place & Exacta wagers are the only bets allowed; No Show wagers; and you have to limit your bets to 3 entries "total" so the max Exacta Box would be a 3 horse box.

Trotter

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 03-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #9
ubercapper

Crap. I just realized my last bet may have been over the limit. I said
SA 7
$23 Exacta 5-2
$23 Exacta 5-3
$4 Exacta 5-7

Does the last one just drop off (he says hoping very much that's the case) or does some other rule apply?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
Track Collector

Day 1 Contest Ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper
Crap. I just realized my last bet may have been over the limit. I said
SA 7
$23 Exacta 5-2
$23 Exacta 5-3
$4 Exacta 5-7

Does the last one just drop off (he says hoping very much that's the case) or does some other rule apply?
Hello ubercapper,

To answer your question, both.

When looking at the maximum betting interest rule, the last ticket would be tossed, with the two above that one remaining in action.

Unfortunately, there has been a violation of another rule, and that is the one that limits selections to 4 maximum races per day.

Scoring sequentially as we do, we find your selections for GP06 (post#66), GP07 (post#72), Tam09 (post#79), and OP07 (post#86). SA07 (post#99) followed these as your 5th race played.

If in any one of your first 4 race selections there were scratches that wiped out ALL action for that specific race, then SA07 could have been used. I double-checked just to make sure, but you ended up having action in all of the first 4 races you posted selections for.

So unfortunately, all of the SA07 selections have to be tossed and not accepted.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Chris
Old 03-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
ubercapper

Yep. Brain fart. I see what I did. If that last race gets tossed does that come off bankroll or is it ignored completely? Particularly important to help keep track of mandatory races.

Last edited by ubercapper; 03-10-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #12
Track Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper
Yep. Brain fart. I see what I did. If that last race gets tossed does that come off bankroll or is it ignored completely? Particularly important to help keep track of mandatory races.
Hi ubercapper,

It is ignored completely, so I show you wagering $150 for Saturday.

Yes, it is VERY important to keep track of the group of available mandatory races. For those who did not play get any of the mandatory races on Saturday, now they must get in 8 of the 10 remaining available ones, which are of course scattered about over the contest.

Good luck going forward here.

Chris
Old 03-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #13
jgcanuck

I missed the start of this contest. Is it still possible to enter?
jc
Old 03-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #14
Ted Craven

Jc, sure it is! Just don't miss too many more mandatory KY Derby prep races

Ted

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-14-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #15
jgcanuck

Got it!
Thanks
jc
Closed Thread