Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:18 PM   #2386
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
MP is down from high of $40 down to $30, MP had volume off the top and i got out @ 36. i am going to look at $28.50 to re-enter and maybe even wait for $25.

AIM went all the way back down to $1.87, i missed a re-entry there and will try again tomorrow on that one..
i didn't buy back in on MP, i am gonna wait for $25 on that one.. AIM did well today, and the dollar rejected lower price today. i have a very sneaky suspicion that with all this quantitative easing, it will make dollars scarce and the dollar will go back up the ladder soon if 88 holds.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2021, 07:50 AM   #2387
sammy the sage

so if the rePUKEs win both seats today....market will be down tomorrow....if it's a tie or dRATS win both...market will go up...on stimulus/money printing....if you can buy after hours....soon as it's apparent....but hey it's Ga...and they'll be 3 million mail-in.s....can figure majority for the cRATs...

That's my look ahead call for weds. the 6th....oh today...5th...have not a cucking clue....
Old 01-05-2021, 10:47 AM   #2388
lamboguy

2 years ago i predicted oil to go to ZERO. a year later it wound up with a low of -37.

today without strong demand, there is heavy buying in oil. this baby looks like its heading to $125 per barrel to me.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:44 PM   #2389
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
2 years ago i predicted oil to go to ZERO. a year later it wound up with a low of -37.

today without strong demand, there is heavy buying in oil. this baby looks like its heading to $125 per barrel to me.
with Trump out of the way, it's time to get our troops back dying in the middle east again....sure way to get oil prices higher...
Old 01-05-2021, 02:54 PM   #2390
Ocala Mike

The Saudis have "gifted" the world higher oil prices by turning down the spigot; our troops can be better utilized on the streets of Washington and to fight the threatened Civil War coming.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2021, 08:04 AM   #2391
sammy the sage

Well damn...totally forgot about more rules and TAX'S....market will probably go down then...
Old 01-06-2021, 08:10 AM   #2392
Ocala Mike

Could be offset by more stimulus and actual spending on infrastructure, sammy. Stay tuned.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2021, 09:11 AM   #2393
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
with Trump out of the way, it's time to get our troops back dying in the middle east again....sure way to get oil prices higher...
That's just one of many things that concern me. The hawks will have way more influence now.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2021, 09:23 AM   #2394
pandy

I'm not a stock market expert by any means. My dad was a stockbroker and I worked on the floor as a clerk when I was 20 years old. Right now though, I'm very cautious about the market. The market has already priced in the anticipated "pent up" spending spree that should come sometime this year. But the current unemployment rate is 6.7% and I'd be surprised if it goes much lower than 5% over the next year or so. The debt is enormous. Now that Georgia is going to the Democrats, they may be able to reverse the Trump tax cuts and maybe even reverse the deregulations. If they raise the corporate tax rate and add more regulations, that pretty much guarantees another wage freeze, which is what we had for 20 years. Then there's the possibility that illegal immigration will increase, and the Swamp will push strongly for more Globalism tactics, like outsourcing, which also leads to higher unemployment and stagnant wages.

On the plus side, although cheap labor is bad for the working class, it does boost Wall. St profits, so that may even things out for the market. And, the interest rate is going to stay at rock bottom for a few years, at least, which makes it difficult to find other investment options, forcing anyone with any sort of savings to keep buying stocks.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2021, 06:12 AM   #2395
lamboguy

new stock pick this week. this had very low volume and i had a tough time getting a full position. I know nothing at all about this mining stock except that it has a strong chart and Fidelity bought 12 million shares of it. ORLA closed at $5.59 Thursday and looks like its first stop is $6.50, you can stop out at $5.30. you might have a tough time selling on the downside too.. the market maker on the other side of you knows what he is doing.

gold went down overnight to perfect retracement, $1890, probably a good entry point for now on its way to the top of the continuous contract of $2199.

MOS has been a rocket ship this week, $28 finishes my immediate upside projection for now. MP seems to be on a sideways consolidation, it may need more time to continue moving up.. earnings come out Feb. 23 and might be the catalyst.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:10 PM   #2396
ultracapper

Where does TWTR go? It's going to open -$2 tomorrow morning.

Wish I'd never bought it, but I did about a month ago. I know I gotta get out.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2021, 08:55 PM   #2397
ultracapper

Quote:
i didn't buy back in on MP, i am gonna wait for $25 on that one.. AIM did well today, and the dollar rejected lower price today. i have a very sneaky suspicion that with all this quantitative easing, it will make dollars scarce and the dollar will go back up the ladder soon if 88 holds.
I bought into MP the first time I saw you bring it up maybe a couple weeks ago. It finally turned around today to where it's back at the $35.15 I bought it at. I'm hoping it found bottom and is forming solid with this move today.

More research led me to purchase, first thing yesterday morning, BE and PLUG. This sector I find very interesting, and wide open to possibilities. I purchased the big guy, TSLA, the first week of April 2020. Was very close to taking profits a couple times, but stuck with it through the split, and as everybody knows, has shown astounding returns. I'm going to continue on with my homework in this sector, because I just don't think, even for Musk, that the future is completely clear as to what the ultimate utilization by the end consumer will be.

BTW, got out of TWTR yesterday morning at $48.75. All the social media stuff will need to settle down alomg with the mood of the consumer and providers, and see what flushed out in 2-3 months.

Last edited by ultracapper; 01-12-2021 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:15 PM   #2398
lamboguy

TESLA is more than an EV company. it is basically a company that is dealing in renewable energy. this new administration is making a big deal of this as well so you are probably in the right spot.

i sold half my MP, I was waiting for it to to down to 25. i replaced it with another stock that i am losing on now, ORLA. i am down .40 with it so far. i still like it though. MP could be heading towards 45 in a heartbeat.

i am liking the idea about people eating more proteins like eggs, so i am in CALM, Potash and phosphates should be big as well, i love Mosaic MOS.

at some point by the middle of March, the market should have a decent sized correction before it flies up again. their could be plenty of catalyst to raise up the markets.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:21 PM   #2399
lamboguy

as luck would have it

i just got some good news after the bell on ORLA.https://finance.yahoo.com/news/media...162800470.html

the only reason i bought this is because Fidelity owns 12 million shares of it. they are usually excellent when it comes to mining company's.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:13 PM   #2400
ultracapper

I just started looking at mining stocks seriously in the past 4 or 5 years. I love precious metals, and have always had some physical holdings. But I've really taken to the mining stocks as an alternative.

I've never done real well with food stocks, and I don't know why. Maybe a patience thing. Do you find that you have to be real patient with those? I'm not against being patient, but every time I get into them, I'm always looking around and thinking I'm seeing something better somewhere else.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: