Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-19-2020, 07:41 AM   #676
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Do Stablemates automatically get win pictures, or do you get to request them (or purchase them)? How's that work?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2020, 08:26 AM   #677
depalma113

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wow...nice! Congrats!!
Thanks!
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2020, 08:28 AM   #678
depalma113

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
Do Stablemates automatically get win pictures, or do you get to request them (or purchase them)? How's that work?
Automatically get them.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2020, 08:37 AM   #679
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post

Tomorrow will interesting. The MTH card is very good and is going to attract a lot of attention.

o_crunk
@o_crunk
SAR did $23.9M on 11 races & 78 interests. 1st Sat. last year: $24.1M on 11 races & 88 interests. BEL had 3 Sat. w/ 11 races this Spring, avg handle was $23M. MTH did $20.5M on 14 races & 135 interests, eclipsing previous Haskell record of $20M on 14 races & 113 interests in '15.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:41 AM   #680
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I would say the answer is an overwhelming YES!

And, I would also say the question should be is it worth pissing of a minority of CUSTOMERS who would rather bet Belmont than Toga.
(IF indeed, there is such an animal.)

It is TOGA, man.......wake up and smell the sulfur water!
No one loves Saratoga more than I do. This will be the first year I'm not there multiple times in so long I can't even remember the last time I missed a meet. But when I'm betting from my desk, I don't care where the races are from. All I want is quality racing and a 4-1 shot that should be the favorite.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:37 AM   #681
alhattab

Quote:
o_crunk
@o_crunk
SAR did $23.9M on 11 races & 78 interests. 1st Sat. last year: $24.1M on 11 races & 88 interests. BEL had 3 Sat. w/ 11 races this Spring, avg handle was $23M. MTH did $20.5M on 14 races & 135 interests, eclipsing previous Haskell record of $20M on 14 races & 113 interests in '15.
I know there are a lot of variables that drive handle, but one notable point is that the 2020 Haskell WPS was $1.4 million, and total pools including horizontals was about $3.8 million. In 2015, WPS was close to $3 million, likely due to a huge Am. Pharoah minus pool, and total pools were about $6.5 million!
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2020, 10:46 AM   #682
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
No one loves Saratoga more than I do. This will be the first year I'm not there multiple times in so long I can't even remember the last time I missed a meet. But when I'm betting from my desk, I don't care where the races are from. All I want is quality racing and a 4-1 shot that should be the favorite.
All of us are going to say that. I’d be betting either way but the more casual bettor/fan waits all year for Saratoga and the seasoned player will probably play a little more. The numbers are showing that with 3 days in the books .

The races have been really good the competition is blistering and you can feel it without being there. Some of these races have been dog fights , no holds barred. The jocks take another level just to win here. Already an array of “ incidents “. Saratoga is just a brand of its own now. Not there, but still loving it. I’m older now can’t sleep like I used to, so some mornings I ride over to Five Points for my form or Post Parade just to go by and look. They need more publications up here cause demand is still high.

The track is playing pretty fair this year so far. Which means you really have to handicap these races harder. Stealing in the front has been held to a minimum. Even with the way these races are ridden these days.

Personally, I’m glad it’s here. People up here need this. Just by bringing it into your house on TV. If you really love racing , you can’t put Saratoga in a bottle and ship it anywhere else, That’s come out of this in 3 days.

Last edited by burnsy; 07-19-2020 at 10:58 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2020, 11:33 AM   #683
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113 View Post
We just ran one/two in a Grade One at Saratoga!

Now I know the competition wasn't that great, but we can only race who shows up and I'll always have that win picture to hang on the wall for the rest of my life!
nice.....competition is not your issue, you take what you can get!
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2020, 12:45 PM   #684
classhandicapper

Quote:
All of us are going to say that. I’d be betting either way but the more casual bettor/fan waits all year for Saratoga and the seasoned player will probably play a little more. The numbers are showing that with 3 days in the books .
Handle is way up a LOT of tracks. Belmont's all source handle smashed 2019 by 42% according to Bloodhorse. Belmont crushed it!
Old 07-19-2020, 05:44 PM   #685
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I think we should be tipping our hats to Toga.

New safety rail, new track drainage, new faucets with hoses installed to better serve the horses on the turf courses...and looks like very high level of persona protections for all those on the grounds.

Nothing short of outstanding attention to the horses and the people.

Glad they are running there.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:20 PM   #686
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I think we should be tipping our hats to Toga.

New safety rail, new track drainage, new faucets with hoses installed to better serve the horses on the turf courses...and looks like very high level of persona protections for all those on the grounds.

Nothing short of outstanding attention to the horses and the people.

Glad they are running there.
Agree, one thing I hope is impressed on some of those on the backside is just how important the fans are to racing.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:44 PM   #687
ronsmac

According to the drf the average field size was only 7.43 for the opening week. Yikes!
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2020, 09:32 PM   #688
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
According to the drf the average field size was only 7.43 for the opening week. Yikes!
wont get the same shippers as normal, when that happens fields will be a lot like everywhere else.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:56 PM   #689
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
wont get the same shippers as normal, when that happens fields will be a lot like everywhere else.
What actually happened was Keeneland running the prior week. That's what really happened.

The narratives here are pretty funny. Saratoga is, unsurprisingly, proving out the value of it's brand as far as handle.....despite way too many people ( all of whom are now silent...except one who keeps foolishly trying to come up with other reasons...but, then again, he will do anything to be able to write one epic tome of a post after another that nobody reads ) acting like they knew better.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2020, 10:01 PM   #690
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
What actually happened was Keeneland running the prior week. That's what really happened.

The narratives here are pretty funny. Saratoga is, unsurprisingly, proving out the value of it's brand as far as handle.....despite way too many people ( all of whom are now silent...except one who keeps foolishly trying to come up with other reasons...but, then again, he will do anything to be able to write one epic tome of a post after another that nobody reads ) acting like they knew better.
well those Kee shippers will be there soon then, good news.