Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:25 PM   #25261
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
You don't want to understand anything but what the RCC has spoon-fed you for God only knows how long.

As I have repeatedly stated faith works through love. Faith doesn't occur in an emotionless vacuum. If you weren't so ignorant of scripture you would be familiar with what Paul taught in Gal 5:6.

So now I ask you again: If Peter had denied that he loved Jesus, would you have considered Peter to have been a true disciple of Christ?
Again it is not an answer to my question.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. Gal 5:6 (KJV)

In context of the passage it refers to justification and not falling back into the Law of Moses.

Gal 5:6 does not answer my question nor is remotely relevant to what I asked. You tell me I am Bible illiterate and you quote me a passage that is not relevant to my question, I didn't ask you if I had to be circumcised.

So stop telling me what the Bible between your ears says and what is actually written in Scripture. I may be an Bible illiterate, but I am not illiterate.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 07-22-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:35 PM   #25262
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

So boxcar, you want me to believe when you evangelize and ask people if they are saved and they respond to you, that you actually use the words you are saved by faith works through love?
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 07-22-2016, 05:36 PM   #25263
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
Again it is not an answer to my question.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. Gal 5:6 (KJV)

In context of the passage it refers to justification and not falling back into the Law of Moses.

Gal 5:6 does not answer my question nor is remotely relevant to what I asked. You tell me I am Bible illiterate and you quote me a passage that is not relevant to my question, I didn't ask you if I had to be circumcised.

So stop telling me what the Bible between your ears says and what is actually written in Scripture. I may be an Bible illiterate, but I am not illiterate.
So, you're saying justification has nothing to do with salvation?

Now...answer my question about Peter: If Peter had denied that he loved Jesus, would you have considered him to be a true disciple of Christ? And if not a true disciple, then surely Peter was never justified, was he?

But let's approach this from another angle. Did the Pharisees believe in Jesus and love him?
Old 07-22-2016, 05:40 PM   #25264
boxcar

Quote:
So boxcar, you want me to believe when you evangelize and ask people if they are saved and they respond to you, that you actually use the words you are saved by faith works through love?
I tell them to repent and believe the gospel, knowing that true faith will always work through love. After all, how could it be possible that any regenerated person could not love Christ? God is love, isn't he? So...anyone regenerated by the Holy Spirit must have the love of God within him. And whoever has the love of God within will love God.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:49 PM   #25265
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
So, you're saying justification has nothing to do with salvation?

Now...answer my question about Peter: If Peter had denied that he loved Jesus, would you have considered him to be a true disciple of Christ? And if not a true disciple, then surely Peter was never justified, was he?

But let's approach this from another angle. Did the Pharisees believe in Jesus and love him?
No, boxcar.

Why would I answer your question? You want to evangelize me, you want me to believe you and come out from under the RCC, so you need to answer my questions. Justify your claims to me.

I admit I a Bible illiterate, but I am not illiterate and the verse you quoted me is out of context of the text.

I asked how do I become saved? Do I need to love God to become saved? You expect me to believe that you quote Gal 5:6 to people you evangelize when you ask them if they are saved?
George Washington
Old 07-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #25266
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
I tell them to repent and believe the gospel, knowing that true faith will always work through love. After all, how could it be possible that any regenerated person could not love Christ? God is love, isn't he? So...anyone regenerated by the Holy Spirit must have the love of God within him. And whoever has the love of God within will love God.

More nonsense. I repent and I believe in the Gospel, especially the prosperity Gospel, so then I am saved according to your stance. Praise Joel O. he saved me according to boxcar.

If you truly believe what you say, then why are you always trying to believe your interpretations. You should just say to everyone here, repent and believe the Gospel. Godspeed.

All you thousands of posts are unnecessary. Now that you told us to repent and believe the Gospel are you going to stop posting your interpretations, which are unnecessary?
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 07-22-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:54 PM   #25267
boxcar

Quote:
It is not what you care. You said it is theologically impossible to have an ordained priesthood. The existence of ordained priesthood throughout a vast spectrum of Christian Churches is direct proof against your personal assertion.
No it isn't. All it tproves is that the vast majority of churches are apostate! (Does not the vast majority of the church believes in theistic evolution? But as we have seen this heresy presents numerous and very serious theological problems. So what is your point?) And this does accord with scripture! Before Christ returns, it is written that the great apostasy will take place first (2Thes 2:3). Did not even Jesus ask: "When the Son of Man returns, will he find faith on the earth?" (Lk 18:8).

Moreover, I do not interpret the scriptures by current events, i.e. by what many churches are doing. Sola Scriptura and the Analogy of Faith, remember?

Quote:
If you don't care what others believe, why do you think others care about what you believe to be theologically possible or not?
See my last paragraph above.

For example your question is not a highly important question. What makes it important? Is it important because you asked it?

Quote:
As I said before, either prove your claim or be quiet about an ordained priesthood.
Okay...you win. I'll now prove it: It's not in scripture. There! Satisfied? I'm not a magician who can pull rabbits out of empty hats, any more than I can non-existent proof texts out of the bible.

You want us to believe in a doctrine based soley on the argument from silence -- by what scripture doesn't teach!?
Old 07-22-2016, 05:56 PM   #25268
boxcar

Quote:
More nonsense. I repent and I believe in the Gospel, especially the prosperity Gospel, so then I am saved according to your stance. Praise Joel O. he saved me according to boxcar.
The "prosperity gospel" is another gospel. And you know what Paul said about that, right?
Old 07-22-2016, 05:59 PM   #25269
boxcar

Quote:
No, boxcar.

Why would I answer your question? You want to evangelize me, you want me to believe you and come out from under the RCC, so you need to answer my questions. Justify your claims to me.

I admit I a Bible illiterate, but I am not illiterate and the verse you quoted me is out of context of the text.

I asked how do I become saved? Do I need to love God to become saved? You expect me to believe that you quote Gal 5:6 to people you evangelize when you ask them if they are saved?
Oh...so you want to be saved, eh? What did Paul answer the Philippian jailer when he asked the apostle, "Sir, what must I do to be saved?"
Old 07-22-2016, 06:01 PM   #25270
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
No it isn't. All it tproves is that the vast majority of churches are apostate! (Does not the vast majority of the church believes in theistic evolution? But as we have seen this heresy presents numerous and very serious theological problems. So what is your point?) And this does accord with scripture! Before Christ returns, it is written that the great apostasy will take place first (2Thes 2:3). Did not even Jesus ask: "When the Son of Man returns, will he find faith on the earth?" (Lk 18:8).

Moreover, I do not interpret the scriptures by current events, i.e. by what many churches are doing. Sola Scriptura and the Analogy of Faith, remember?

See my last paragraph above.

For example your question is not a highly important question. What makes it important? Is it important because you asked it?

Okay...you win. I'll now prove it: It's not in scripture. There! Satisfied? I'm not a magician who can pull rabbits out of empty hats, any more than I can non-existent proof texts out of the bible.

You want us to believe in a doctrine based soley on the argument from silence -- by what scripture doesn't teach!?
Not being expressly in Scripture is not proof. Original sin is not in Scripture. An argument from silence is not proof, which is your argument not mine.
George Washington
Old 07-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #25271
boxcar

Quote:
Not being expressly in Scripture is not proof. Original sin is not in Scripture. An argument from silence is not proof, which is your argument not mine.
Original Sin is in scripture -- in many places in different ways. But I'm glad you agree that an argument from silence does not constitute proof. But that's ALL you have! You cannot come up with so much as one text that even remotely hints at a third kind of priesthood in Christ's New Covenant church. If you had any scriptural proof, you would have provided it long before now. All thinking people here know you're an empty suit.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #25272
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
The "prosperity gospel" is another gospel. And you know what Paul said about that, right?

That is the problem with the answer you gave me on how you evangelize.
George Washington
Old 07-22-2016, 06:09 PM   #25273
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Original Sin is in scripture -- in many places in different ways. But I'm glad you agree that an argument from silence does not constitute proof. But that's ALL you have! You cannot come up with so much as one text that even remotely hints at a third kind of priesthood in Christ's New Covenant church. If you had any scriptural proof, you would have provided it long before now. All thinking people here know you're an empty suit.
You keep saying that. I told you I am not going to create the wheel. The Scriptural references are contained in the sources I gave you.
George Washington
Old 07-22-2016, 06:10 PM   #25274
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Oh...so you want to be saved, eh? What did Paul answer the Philippian jailer when he asked the apostle, "Sir, what must I do to be saved?"
So demons are saved too?

I have to leave, I already wasted too much time with you waiting for a direct answer from you.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 07-22-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:11 PM   #25275
boxcar

Quote:
That is the problem with the answer you gave me on how you evangelize.
All I said is repent and believe the gospel You're the one the one, you deceiver, who added the "prosperity" component.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: