Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-04-2017, 10:21 AM   #61
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

God you guys are delusional...here, let me let fellow left-leaner Allen Dershowitz spell it out for you...Harvard...stellar law career...brilliant guy all around...maybe you'll listen to him:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/12/0...constitutional

Quote:
"If Congress were ever to charge him with obstruction of justice for exercising his constitutional authority under Article II, we'd have a constitutional crisis," Dershowitz said.

He explained that Congress would have to demonstrate "clearly illegal acts" on Trump's part, such as former President Richard Nixon paying "hush money," telling people to lie and destroying evidence in the Watergate scandal.

"There's never been a case in history where a president has been charged with obstruction of justice for merely exercising his constitutional authority. That would cause a constitutional crisis in the United States," Dershowitz said, adding that he hopes Special Counsel Robert Mueller understands that before he considers bringing an indictment or recommending that the matter be referred to Congress.

"And Sen. Feinstein simply doesn't know what she's talking about when she says it's obstruction of justice to do what a president is completely authorized to do under the Constitution."

He added that if Trump truly wanted to impede Mueller's investigation, he could have pardoned Gen. Michael Flynn to prevent him from cooperating.

"The president would have had the complete authority do so and Flynn never would have been indicted, never would have turned as a witness against him," said Dershowitz, a lifelong Democrat.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2017, 10:34 AM   #62
hcap

I got news for you any used to be" left-leaner" like Allen Dershowitz who gets quoted by Faux Noos to make it's case, is no longer a left leaner.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2017, 10:37 AM   #63
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
God you guys are delusional...here, let me let fellow left-leaner Allen Dershowitz spell it out for you...Harvard...stellar law career...brilliant guy all around...maybe you'll listen to him:
Dershowitz has also pointed out that it isn't real smart for a special prosecutor to build a big case based on a star witness who is guilty of lying.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:40 AM   #64
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I got news for you any used to be" left-leaner" like Allen Dershowitz who gets quoted by Faux Noos to make it's case, is no longer a left leaner.
Which is to say that any left-leaner who tells the truth regardless of which side it favors is no longer a left leaner.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:42 AM   #65
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Someone tell Dershowitz he has to turn in his lefty card.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #66
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Bull shit......That is only part of the reason. Obstruction of justice is also in his purvue.

Trumpeters bend over and get ready to kiss your Trumpetering asses goodbye.
The guy with the really creepy little girl avatar reemerges.

You libs keep hoping. Trump's not going anywhere.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2017, 10:48 AM   #67
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Which is to say that any left-leaner who tells the truth regardless of which side it favors is no longer a left leaner.
Same on both sides. Here is the National Review.

"It Is Now an Obstruction Investigation. Which means that it’s an impeachment investigation"

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ng-impeachment
Old 12-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #68
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Same on both sides. Here is the National Review.

"It Is Now an Obstruction Investigation. Which means that it’s an impeachment investigation"

This article doesn't really help your cause.

It claims the case has switched from a collusion investigation to an obstruction investigation...meaning the whole basis for the investigation to begin with has found nothing. Good going.

You better get a whole lot of Democrats elected to Congress if you think you're going to pull off an impeachment AND removal based on a nothing-burger (to this point) obstruction of justice case.

Hell, Clinton was impeached and he was never removed. You're dreaming of fairy tales if you think Trump is going to be removed by Congress some day.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #69
hcap

Not what it says.

...Since there is no collusion case, we can safely assume Mueller is primarily scrutinizing President Trump with an eye toward making a case of obstructing an FBI investigation. This also makes sense in light of the pleas that have been taken

Although "collusion" is not at this point readily provable, obstruction of justice probably is. BTW conspiracy with the RUSSIANS is still in the cards. This investigation is going to go on and Mueller is not showing all his cards.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:19 AM   #70
hcap

Quote:
The Donald's impeachment helps all our cases
Old 12-04-2017, 11:29 AM   #71
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I know. The country has really fallen to shit since his election a year ago...
Old 12-04-2017, 11:38 AM   #72
Clocker

Quote:
From the article, the worst case scenario for Trump is Mueller...

Quote:
...recommending that the matter be referred to Congress for consideration of next steps, potentially including impeachment and removal.

That will happen when Nancy Pelosi again wields the Speaker's gavel.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:55 AM   #73
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
I know. The country has really fallen to shit since his election a year ago...
Ain't that the truth? But of course libs don't notice and they'll sure as hell never acknowledge. The economy could rain gold nuggets on the guy with the creepy avatar's house, and he'd claim that's proof Trump harmed the environment.

Where did Trump supposedly obstruct justice? Firing Comey? That's laughable.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2017, 11:56 AM   #74
_______
Veteran

Quote:

It claims the case has switched from a collusion investigation to an obstruction investigation...meaning the whole basis for the investigation to begin with has found nothing. Good going.

You better get a whole lot of Democrats elected to Congress if you think you're going to pull off an impeachment AND removal based on a nothing-burger (to this point) obstruction of justice case.

Hell, Clinton was impeached and he was never removed. You're dreaming of fairy tales if you think Trump is going to be removed by Congress some day.
I’m just going to touch briefly on your point that an obstruction of justice investigation is somehow a step down from collusion.

The danger to Trump arose when he fired Comey. I’ve been on this board repeatedly laughing at the idea that anyone on Trump’s team would have been stupid enough to actually collude. But the President stepped on a land mine of his own making when he fired Comey and then went on the record that it was “because of the Russia thing”.

His twitter account has now been used to admit that he knew Flynn had lied to the FBI when he had allegedly asked Comey to go easy on him.

I don’t know (and no one on this board knows) what Michael Flynn is sharing with the special prosecutor. I noted the mysterious disappearance of Jared Kushner’s public profile earlier. I think that is an odd coincidence but I’m much less of a conspiracy guy that just about everyone else here so am open to other explanations.

Impeachment? I agree it’s not likely to happen. But the entirely self inflicted wound of this investigation is going to weaken the administration going forward regardless of how many “Winning!!” posts you read here.

Last edited by _______; 12-04-2017 at 11:57 AM.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2017, 11:58 AM   #75
woodtoo

Quote:
My god child Donald Trump WON and Hillary Clinton LOST get over it already
you are wasting away on Earth2!!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply