Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-11-2016, 11:23 PM   #16
zico20

Here is an amazing quote from Sanders.

“Absolutely," Sanders replied, "because what we will do is instead of give tax breaks to millionaires, we will create millions of jobs for low-income kids so they are not hanging out on street corners."

Now, I have two questions that I would like someone to answer for me.

First, are middle class kids not eligible for these jobs? How is it determined who is low-income for these millions of jobs? And if the kids are low-income, are they still eligible for these jobs if they don't hang out on the street corner.

Second, are only kids eligible for the jobs? What if a 50 year old needs a job. Is he not allowed to apply. I believe it is illegal to discriminate based on age.

Bernie, you have a lot of explaining to do on this one. Bernie has me confused on all of these millions of jobs. Also, are they government jobs since he used the term "we," or are they private sector jobs.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:41 AM   #17
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I didn't watch last night, but he said something similar Tuesday night. He said we have the highest rates of incarceration in the First World, especially blacks and Latinos, and he was going to do something about that. I thought, How, are you just going to give them a free pass when they commit a crime? No, he went on to say, we're going to give them $15/hour jobs. That's all it takes. He said nothing about changing their culture that glamorizes the criminal element and devalues education and productivity. Not much different than the blond bimbo from the State Dept saying that Muslims become terrorists because they don't have enough jobs. Both completely miss the mark.

Also, he said he was going to pay for all his free stuff with punitive taxes on Wall St greed. So my question is, after the punitive taxes do their thing and curb Wall St greed, then where will the revenue come from?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #18
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
I didn't watch last night, but he said something similar Tuesday night. He said we have the highest rates of incarceration in the First World, especially blacks and Latinos, and he was going to do something about that. I thought, How, are you just going to give them a free pass when they commit a crime? No, he went on to say, we're going to give them $15/hour jobs. That's all it takes. He said nothing about changing their culture that glamorizes the criminal element and devalues education and productivity. Not much different than the blond bimbo from the State Dept saying that Muslims become terrorists because they don't have enough jobs. Both completely miss the mark.

Also, he said he was going to pay for all his free stuff with punitive taxes on Wall St greed. So my question is, after the punitive taxes do their thing and curb Wall St greed, then where will the revenue come from?
On the money with change

As Sanders gets more attention as Flavor of the Month, his programs are going to come under a lot of scrutiny and found wanting.
Who hijacked my Democratic Party? There seems to be only about 5 old school centrist Dems left.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk

There are a lot of white kids that look up to gangster rappers and are proud of the crimes they commit. I have a 21 year old ginger nephew who lived with me a couple times who I tried to help.The only knowledge he retains is the criminal records of all the Rappers he listens to. As an example he was kicked out of High School for assaulting a 65 year old female teacher, of course nothing is ever Noah's fault she made him mad. He brags about the crimes he commits, finally he is doing 2-5 years for domestic assault, it appears (I was just reading about his case I no longer have contact) he was choking the mother of his child. I think it is good for society if he ends up killed by police, the USA will be a safer place. I don't know the answer for our high incarceration rates, but it isn't letting repeat criminals out of jail.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98
Same with the Republicans, they won't let Trump win.
Not quite...Democratic superdelegates have twice the impact that Republican superdelegates do in their respective races...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2016, 11:26 AM   #21
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Hillary doesn't have to make a deal with Bernie. No doubt he believes Hillary is a better option than anybody running in the GOP so he is not going to risk splitting votes on the Dem side. After all, Sanders got into this running for president because he wanted to move Hillary to the left.

Of course, if the DNC screws Bernie out of the nomination rather than the voters, there is no telling what he may do.

Bloomberg is getting into the race and could have an impact on the outcome.

Should Sanders lose the dem nomination, he could run as an independent and really make things interesting.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2016, 11:31 AM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Why in the world would Bloomberg get into the race? Who exactly has been clamoring and pining for that moment when Mike Bloomberg finally decides to run for president?

Does he honestly think he's going to be more popular than Cruz or Rubio? He's most likely to be down there with the now departed Christie and Fiorina...makes no sense.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:41 AM   #23
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Why in the world would Bloomberg get into the race? Who exactly has been clamoring and pining for that moment when Mike Bloomberg finally decides to run for president?

Does he honestly think he's going to be more popular than Cruz or Rubio? He's most likely to be down there with the now departed Christie and Fiorina...makes no sense.

I suppose billionaires have big egos and think they can solve problems professional politicians can't.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/08/micha...ntial-run.html

Quote:
"I find the level of discourse and discussion distressingly banal and an outrage and an insult to the voters," Mr Bloomberg said in an interview, before adding that the US public deserved "a lot better".

His comments follow a New York Times report last month that said the billionaire had told advisers to draft a plan for a run as an independent candidate that could see him spending as much as $1bn of his estimated $39bn fortune.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2016, 11:43 AM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You know who's spending boatloads of cash too? Jeb Bush...

It used to be, the most well funded and those that spend the most won.

That doesn't quite seem to be the case this time around, so far. So ol' Mikey spending boatloads of his own cash doesn't mean much to me.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #25
bks

A Bloomberg candidacy is laughable. Never will he hit 10%, as either an independent or a party politician. It's a sure sign how terrified the establishment is getting that names like Bloomberg's are trotted out as saviors.

It's very clear how things are shaping up: Trump and Cruz are heavy favorites (2/3 chance one of them is the nominee). Trump is benefiting from the large number of 'establishment' types still hanging around (if i were him, I'd fund their campaigns, since they can't win and they are helping to suppress the Rubio vote).

Sanders has a very big shot (35% or so) to derail Hillary. They've underestimated his appeal, and from the comments here it's evident most of you red-staters have a poor understanding of the dynamics bolstering his campaign. That's fine with me: I'm left of Sanders and don't even really like him, but he's vastly superior to Hillary and any of the assclowncar types on the right you're pining for (all of which have no shot in the general election, with the reptilian Cruz at the top of that list).

rastajenk talks of the "glamorizing of the criminal element" in minority culture. What he fails to say, of course, is that the largest, most effective, and most ruinous criminal class in this society is virtually 100% white. They "work" (if you can call it that) on Wall Street and on K Street to defraud the public, which IS THEIR JOB, and then cry poor afterwards and raid the Treasury for a bailout when they crash the market/economy. That's the business model.

What productivity! I'm so envious of their industriousness!

Instead of the culture of corporate fraud that's gutted the society, the right wants me to be concerned with some out of work minority who's been completely disenfranchised brandishing a knife and stealing $20 to feed his kids?

No one is buying it anymore. Occupy Wall Street was 4 years ago already. Everyone understands who the true criminals are, and pretty much everyone under 30 years old understands what has to be done with them. Everyone except the geriatrics and delusionalists on the right wing, that is.

If you're a conservative, you better hope Hillary gets the nomination. She'll crush any republican nominee, of course, but since she's a closet republican at least you'll have 8 more years of disguised rule. Because whether it's this campaign of the next, you're getting a hard left-winger very, very soon.

You'll be praying for Sanders (or Hillary) when you do.
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2016, 12:07 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The above should have been posted in the Humor thread.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:14 PM   #27
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Except I forgot to laugh.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2016, 12:14 PM   #28
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Not quite...Democratic superdelegates have twice the impact that Republican superdelegates do in their respective races...
Debbie Waterhead-Schultz explains why the Dems have so many super delegates. She calls them unpledged delegates because that doesn't sound as elitist.

Quote:
Unpledged delegates exist, really, to make sure that party leaders and elected officials don’t have to be in a position where they are running against grassroots activists. We are, as a Democratic Party, really highlight and emphasize inclusiveness and diversity at our convention and we want to give every opportunity to grassroots activists and diverse committed Democrats to be able to participate, attend and be a delegate at the convention and so we separate out those unpledged delegates to make sure that there isn’t competition between them.
In English, the Dems want to encourage diversity and grassroots activists at their convention, but they want to make sure that those annoying little common folk don't actually have a chance to affect the outcome.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/02/12/jake-tappers-interview-with-the-dnc-chair-on-superdelegates-and-the-train-wreck-that-followed/
Old 02-12-2016, 12:18 PM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So really, when they say Democrats are the party of the big tent, what they really mean is the tent out back by the porta-potty...
Old 02-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #30
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bks
A Bloomberg candidacy is laughable. Never will he hit 10%, as either an independent or a party politician. It's a sure sign how terrified the establishment is getting that names like Bloomberg's are trotted out as saviors.

It's very clear how things are shaping up: Trump and Cruz are heavy favorites (2/3 chance one of them is the nominee). Trump is benefiting from the large number of 'establishment' types still hanging around (if i were him, I'd fund their campaigns, since they can't win and they are helping to suppress the Rubio vote).

Sanders has a very big shot (35% or so) to derail Hillary. They've underestimated his appeal, and from the comments here it's evident most of you red-staters have a poor understanding of the dynamics bolstering his campaign. That's fine with me: I'm left of Sanders and don't even really like him, but he's vastly superior to Hillary and any of the assclowncar types on the right you're pining for (all of which have no shot in the general election, with the reptilian Cruz at the top of that list).

rastajenk talks of the "glamorizing of the criminal element" in minority culture. What he fails to say, of course, is that the largest, most effective, and most ruinous criminal class in this society is virtually 100% white. They "work" (if you can call it that) on Wall Street and on K Street to defraud the public, which IS THEIR JOB, and then cry poor afterwards and raid the Treasury for a bailout when they crash the market/economy. That's the business model.

What productivity! I'm so envious of their industriousness!

Instead of the culture of corporate fraud that's gutted the society, the right wants me to be concerned with some out of work minority who's been completely disenfranchised brandishing a knife and stealing $20 to feed his kids?

No one is buying it anymore. Occupy Wall Street was 4 years ago already. Everyone understands who the true criminals are, and pretty much everyone under 30 years old understands what has to be done with them. Everyone except the geriatrics and delusionalists on the right wing, that is.

If you're a conservative, you better hope Hillary gets the nomination. She'll crush any republican nominee, of course, but since she's a closet republican at least you'll have 8 more years of disguised rule. Because whether it's this campaign of the next, you're getting a hard left-winger very, very soon.

You'll be praying for Sanders (or Hillary) when you do .
This guy makes Mostpost sound like Ted Cruz.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply