Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-09-2021, 04:20 PM   #16
deelo

$4500 on a dime super. Shifted from small ball verticals to pick 4s and 5s during Covid so hopefully best that sometime soon.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:54 PM   #17
Bennie

End of December 2019. $4200 on a 1x2x1x2x1x2 on a 20cent pick-6 at Gulfstream. $1.60 investment.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 08:11 PM   #18
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathandgravity View Post
Not my biggest hit, but the one I was most proud of was having Soi Phet in the Crystal Water (2018) as a single on my P4 ticket. Went off @ 45-1 & just had a feeling the old warrior was gong to score one more time. Thought he was done @ the top of the stretch only to stick his nose in front of a blanket finish.
Ticket was under $100 & returned $15K.

Cashed out $14K & bought a sailboat. (talk about a money pit!)
Soi Phet was a cool horse. Languished at the lowest of N2L, and then Leonard Powell got his hands on him, and BAM. He must have been watching that horse and just figured he knew what his buttons were. He was right. Horse became a millionaire running in the Cal-bred program almost exclusively. The horse loved LosAl.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 08:14 PM   #19
ultracapper

Not my biggest, but the hit that really got my attention.

Unbridled/Summer Squall exacta in the Derby. Played Unbridled across the board. 19/1.

Later on, Patriots Rule winning at StAlwN2l. Another at 19/1. Horse went on to do quite well in the Cal-bred stakes program like Soi Phet.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2021, 09:10 AM   #20
burnsy
self medicated

Big Brown losing the Belmont was my best day ever. I hit the pic 4 and pic 3 by using the all button in the Belmont. I’ve got several huge pics by having a bomb or the all button when a horse is heavily favored in a huge pool day. In fact , my second biggest day was when Birdstone beat Smarty Jones in the Belmont. I’m a statistics type person. I look for outliers, over lays and under lays. Narrow the race down to who I think has a sniff and go from there. The odds are the biggest factor I use once I see who I think can win......... or lose. Probability!

It’s the reason I’m a jerk and get in trouble on forums. I know whose gonna be 4-5 so people bragging on those irritate me. I’m looking to beat those types most days ....... or single them. Those are just too obvious to make money in this game.

Last edited by burnsy; 03-11-2021 at 09:12 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply