Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:45 AM   #766
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Best line I've heard yet from a twitter poster named SHEETS...

"Quickest way to make the Coronavirus disappear?------> Put it on Hillary Clinton's server."
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2020, 12:49 AM   #767
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Best line I've heard yet from a twitter poster named SHEETS...

"Quickest way to make the Coronavirus disappear?------> Put it on Hillary Clinton's server."
Post of the month ReplayRandall!
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2020, 01:08 AM   #768
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
From the very article Obama tweets out:

Yeah, so let's **** up the entire economy - cause an untold number of people to lose their jobs, their businesses and their retirement savings - all in the name of what appears to be at every front, nothing more than one extra round of flu season.

"A scenario is possible of tens or hundreds of thousands of deaths in the US alone," states the article. Yeah, that happens every year. 30,000 have died from the flu alone this year. Some years it gets up to 60-80k. They of course are pumping up the potential number for COVID-19 to potentially "hundreds of thousands" because well, that's the MO with this virus.
If it continues all the foreign money that invested in real estate in this country is going to get smoked. So far some banks who invested into the energy sector are getting smoked. If it turns ugly we can offer to settle our trillions of debt for 10 cents on a dollar. Very soon the Bilderburg Group are going to wish the had someone more malleable they can control in the White House. But seriously I think the market is going to roar back.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:09 AM   #769
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2020, 01:17 AM   #770
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
If it continues all the foreign money that invested in real estate in this country is going to get smoked. So far some banks who invested into the energy sector are getting smoked. If it turns ugly we can offer to settle our trillions of debt for 10 cents on a dollar. Very soon the Bilderburg Group are going to wish the had someone more malleable they can control in the White House. But seriously I think the market is going to roar back.
Eventually it will roar back, but it will take time. Way too much damage to the charts.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2020, 01:41 AM   #771
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
Eventually it will roar back, but it will take time. Way too much damage to the charts.
Whales are dumping chunks of airline and other positions letting a breather happen then dumping more while making money on this disaster. The view the little guy you and I have has zero meaning. Our markets have plenty of foreign investors in them, it is not like their markets are looking any rosier. What have we learned from this, China has been a filthy partner who we should disembowel and treat like the Black Plague. The time to fast and easy profit by building everything there is over, strategic needs we need to edict made in the USA.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:44 AM   #772
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I have screen shot of the actual original tweet, so next time you want to pass off either an edited one or one that doesn't contain what she actually SAID, play that game with somebody else.

Anyway, not engaging further on this. If you're interested in what was actually posted, then you will find it.
This article (as I posted earlier-#642) includes the same tweet that xtb posted...an actual original tweet. Take note of the headline!

Candace Owens: It’s no big deal if 80-year-olds die from coronavirus since life expectancy is 76

No one is trying to play a game here...we want the facts. If you have something different, as you said, come up with it...no need to run from it.

The tweet directly from Candace Owens' Twitter account; same as in the article (nothing else to be found):

Last edited by MargieRose; 03-13-2020 at 02:53 AM.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2020, 04:56 AM   #773
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
This article (as I posted earlier-#642) includes the same tweet that xtb posted...an actual original tweet. Take note of the headline!

Candace Owens: It’s no big deal if 80-year-olds die from coronavirus since life expectancy is 76

No one is trying to play a game here...we want the facts. If you have something different, as you said, come up with it...no need to run from it.

The tweet directly from Candace Owens' Twitter account; same as in the article (nothing else to be found):

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/sta...18546264969216
isn't that what FanDan's dimtwit interpretation said?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2020, 07:36 AM   #774
xtb

Quote:

Yes, Clicknow is the one playing "games".
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2020, 07:36 AM   #775
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I hope all those running around scared shitless about this flu-like virus will be happy in 6-12 months when you are left with nothing.

No retirement savings (401k gone to shit).

No job to work at or business to own (both ravaged by the economic side-effects of what is happening right now)

No racing (this virus hysteria combined with the newest drug scandals WILL kill many racetracks, not to mention racing-related businesses)

I hope a virus that kills 1-2% more people than the flu is worth all of that carnage.

Here is what the CDC says about the very thing that is about to **** up many people's lives for the foreseeable future:

"Most people won’t develop serious symptoms"

Unless we get a grip on this hysteria right now, and prevent it from snowballing any further, we are risking everything over a virus that the CDC itself states "MOST PEOPLE WON'T DEVELOP SERIOUS SYMPTOMS"

Taking the temperature of the room in this thread, I can already see it's a lost cause. There ain't no stopping this snowball.
We've gone from complete ignorance about germ theory up to the 1800s to too much. We should definitely be careful and some people will suffer but to ruin the economy and society? Like you wrote it will be difficult to bounce back from this and in some ways we won't bounce back.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2020, 07:41 AM   #776
RunForTheRoses

Quote:

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/sta...18546264969216
Fake news comes to PA Off Topic.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:25 AM   #777
jk3521
Registered Loser

From our latest "Medal of Honor" recipient..."Why do you think this is ‘COVID-19’? This is the 19th coronavirus. They’re not uncommon.” DUH !

There's is nothing like going to the experts for info on any subject .

Last edited by jk3521; 03-13-2020 at 08:30 AM.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2020, 09:21 AM   #778
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521 View Post
From our latest "Medal of Honor" recipient..."Why do you think this is ‘COVID-19’? This is the 19th coronavirus. They’re not uncommon.” DUH !

There's is nothing like going to the experts for info on any subject .
I assumed the 19 came from the year 20

I also assumed Nancy would push for abortion in the coronavirous Bill. I was right on that.

Last edited by woodtoo; 03-13-2020 at 09:28 AM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2020, 09:34 AM   #779
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Because Amazon has to keep a reasonably reputable business model and have thresholds built into their model that has to do with them competing, keeping out scalpers, and keeping up fair pricing policies.

They told resellers they would stop taking listings for hand sanitizer, face masks, disinfecting wipes, etc. (and proably way before they announced that publically) . Why would Amazon want to lose it's reputation anyway and come under a busload of criticism.

Even before this, Amazon has had tons of 3rd party sellers, and did not require them to send products they want to sell to the nearest Amazon fulfillment center. So there has always been 3rd party sellers with no proof that they even physically have the items they are listing. They list items they don't actually HAVE, and then they hit you with "we are experience shipping delays" or "Ships in 2 to 4 weeks" until they can actually buy stuff at a certain price. I imagine Amazon are vetting their sellers better now because Amazon doesn't want to have angry customers.

Amazon prime, where items ARE actually in inventory and sitting in fulfillment centers, have to be able to ship out items fast and don't want to spend their time doing nothing but giving refunds to customers as well as s ruin their reputation for not being able to deliver products that have been paid for by said customers. Prime's reputation would be in the toilet if they did that.

My thought is that the amount of product they actually HAD in their fulfillment center sold out, just like anything else like down jackets sell out at the start of winter........but since they are not accepting ANY listings from re-sellers, once they are out they're out.

Scalpers and resellers *break* the supply and demand model. They fix the price before legitimate purchases can be made...there is no upside for Amazon Prime to ship out 500 cases of anything to anyone, even game consoles, etc. esp. since they can either be sold at scalper prices OR in some cases, the sellers sell elsewhere and compete with Amazon by selling stuff for lower than Amazon can offer.

eBay has been battling mini scalpers for years, by pulling listings for stuff....esp. listings for pre-release items. I've reported plenty of Ebayers who scalp, both by adding ridiculous shipping prices (like something that costs $3.00 first class mail by weight and they are charging $18 for postage) and their ads are taken down but it's hard to keep up with them.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...sol-wipes.html
Old 03-13-2020, 09:51 AM   #780
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
I assumed the 19 came from the year 20

I also assumed Nancy would push for abortion in the coronavirous Bill. I was right on that.
there will be some much 'stuff' added into the bill, no one will be able to read it until after voted on. She learned that with 0bamcares.

the Ohio governor feels there are 100K undiagnosed cases in his state and the number doubles every 6 days.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply