Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-16-2017, 05:44 PM   #211
delayjf

Quote:
If they have nothing to hide, why are they hiding it?
Because everybody understands that an IP investigation would be a political witch hunt designed to keep the fake Russian story news in the spot light with the hope that the mere allegation of impropriety would undermine and erode any support of the Trump administration agenda. Liberals are also hoping for the any minute evidence of a smoking gun that might lead to impeachment proceedings.

If you really want to discuss Russian influence into the election, one needs to go no further than the political influences and philosophy of the liberal left, to include Saul Alinsky, Lenin etc. There's the real Russian influence.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #212
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
I'm sure that's great comfort to both the source of the intelligence and the US intelligence community, who hadn't authorized it to be shared with allies let alone friggin Russia.
I reject the premise that anything remotely close to what the WashPo reported ever happened, but fyi, the POTUS can unclassify ANYTHING at his discretion. He could have told them anything at all and no crime would have been committed.

Nice try.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:15 PM   #213
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
The Prez can tell them anything he wants. BFD!
Trump revealed nothing outside the OVal Office.
It was made public by the WaPo...time to shut them down.
An illegal leak occurred - a felony was committed.

So far there ONLY two crimes that have happened - both by the dems.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:23 PM   #214
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Trump revealed nothing outside the OVal Office.
It was made public by the WaPo...time to shut them down.
An illegal leak occurred - a felony was committed.

So far there ONLY two crimes that have happened - both by the dems.
some speculation it could be Spicer or Preibus that are helping with the dissemination of WH secrets
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 06:30 PM   #215
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
some speculation it could be Spicer or Preibus that are helping with the dissemination of WH secrets
I really doubt that
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2017, 07:09 PM   #216
maddog42

"Treason email"

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-jr-russia-635100

Trump and his cronies keeping lying, changing their story and backtracking.
At least 20 times by at least 6 people. Republican hypocrites keep making excuses.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:27 PM   #217
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42 View Post
Quote:
Trump Jr. on Tuesday tweeted a series of emails in which he welcomed an offer to meet a Russian lawyer who allegedly had information about Hillary Clinton. He was told in the emails that the Russian government backed Trump's 2016 presidential campaign. Multiple investigations, including one led by special counsel Robert Mueller, are probing claims that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia.
Meeting with someone offering information is not collusion. Even if Trump had gotten any such information, which is not known, it is not a crime unless he paid for it.

No matter what it is, it is not treason. According to the Constitution

Quote:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #218
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:

At least 20 times by at least 6 people. Republican hypocrites keep making excuses.
Trump Jr. readily gave up the e-mail batch, even with the NY Times threat of possessing them for public release.....A total non-issue, but here's another attempt by Barney....I mean maddog, to make snowflake news out of nothing...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2017, 07:56 PM   #219
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:

Lol, good one!!!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2017, 08:33 PM   #220
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Meeting with someone offering information is not collusion. Even if Trump had gotten any such information, which is not known, it is not a crime unless he paid for it.

No matter what it is, it is not treason. According to the Constitution
The concern is the source was a foreigner who claimed to have ties to a foreign government source who had info which would change the US election. And, DT jr. readily and eagerly wanted that info. and even included his bro-in-law and the campaign manager who now appears has questionable motives and connections.

But, apparently you see nothing wrong with a foreign government getting involved in another country's election process.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 07-11-2017 at 08:35 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2017, 08:57 PM   #221
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post
The concern is the source was a foreigner who claimed to have ties to a foreign government source who had info which would change the US election. And, DT jr. readily and eagerly wanted that info. and even included his bro-in-law and the campaign manager who now appears has questionable motives and connections.

But, apparently you see nothing wrong with a foreign government getting involved in another country's election process.
Let me educate you Whodo, the US is the foreign nation who meddles in EVERY so called "democracy" in the world. Either we're "nation-building" or negotiating business/mineral rights with whatever puppet we want in control......BTW, many countries influence other elections in just the same manner, we just happen to carry a much bigger STICK...
Old 07-11-2017, 08:58 PM   #222
Clocker

Quote:

Don't put words in my mouth. Or my posts.

You are jumping to the conclusion that the Russian government was involved. I haven't seen any hard evidence. Whatever young Trump did, it certainly wasn't treason. And collusion is such a nebulous term as to be meaningless.

So I just watch the circus and have fun pointing out when the Emperor, or those who would be Emperor, have no clothes.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #223
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Let me educate you Whodo, the US is the foreign nation who meddles in EVERY so called "democracy" in the world. Either we're "nation-building" or negotiating business/mineral rights with whatever puppet we want in control......BTW, many countries influence other elections in just the same manner, we just happen to carry a much bigger STICK...
Thanks for the attempt to educate me. But, why don't stick to the topic which I was responding.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #224
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Thanks for the attempt to educate me. But, why don't stick to the topic which I was responding.
Hate to tell you this, but my response was on topic, flew right over your head.....Doesn't make you a bad guy though, if you don't get it....and you don't.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #225
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Don't put words in my mouth. Or my posts.

You are jumping to the conclusion that the Russian government was involved. I haven't seen any hard evidence. Whatever young Trump did, it certainly wasn't treason. And collusion is such a nebulous term as to be meaningless.

So I just watch the circus and have fun pointing out when the Emperor, or those who would be Emperor, have no clothes.
I'm not putting words in your mouth. But, next time include the entire response instead of being selective taking my reply out of context.

It was DT jr.'s belief that a foreigner had damaging info on the opposing political party which is coming from foreign sources. And, he probably had suspicions who these sources were.

Is that the part you don't believe?

I think the view is that he is/was part of the inner circle at that time. And, based on his actions one could view it that he and these other inner circle individuals were willing to collude with whomever to acquire the info.

Since it possibly involved a foreign government as the source and they did know it based on his own acknowledgment that's the reason people have mentioned it could border on Treason.